v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2019-05-01, 18:47)HeresJohnny Wrote: As far as I know, scraping of movies and tv shows uses a fast hash to determine if folder contents have changed. When Artwork Beef downloads new art to folders I imagine that hash changes. Does AB also calculate the new hash after the download is complete to help Kodi avoid a rescan of those folders since video items are unchanged? This would be especially important if AB is set to periodically download artwork in the background.
No, Artwork Beef doesn't recalculate a new hash. Why is this particularly important, though? AB running periodically will generally only change the content of a few folders at a time so won't have much of an impact.

(2019-05-03, 22:51)slowpoke115 Wrote: Just to be clear:

You are quite confused. "userdata/Thumbnails" is Kodi's internal artwork cache, and it should not be futzed with. If you really were mounting "userdata/Thumbnails" from an NFS share then you are introducing network paths where there should not be. Also see the wiki page on Kodi best practices for file organization.

I need more and detailed information to help you in general. Your faulty assumptions are not helpful, while a debug log is the single most helpful thing you could have given me.

(2019-05-04, 12:39)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: I set the artist information folder to thew same folder where the music is stored.
I'd suggest against doing that. The information folder is a separate option to satisfy the general motivation of your request: you want to store media files in different layout. The artist information folder is a consistent place for Kodi to find additional artwork and info about an artist without regard to media file layout.

Messages In This Thread
Artwork Helper version 0.7.0 - by rmrector - 2016-10-11, 11:30
Extrafanart - by stephen147 - 2018-05-15, 20:59
RE: Artwork Beef Context Menu - by berkhornet - 2018-09-25, 11:49
RE: Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork - by rmrector - 2019-05-05, 18:14
Artwork changing by itself - by crazyhands911 - 2020-05-18, 00:24
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5