• 68(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2016-09-16, 20:36)M3lloW Wrote: ofcs il buy the new oppo, but thats for retail discs Wink i waited long for the new one

The 103 is the only Blu-ray player awarded with reference level by hdtvtest.co.uk and the brand Oppo ranks very high amount hardcore video enthusiasts.

The new UDP-203 It might retain the playback capability of the Oppo-103 to play Blu-ray MKV 1080p over streaming/usb with HD audio passthrough, since cinavia doesnt work in MKV container, it helps to makes the Oppo/MKV so popular.
If thats your case you will use the UDP-203 for much more than a simple retail disk player.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

@boblo, I've done some tests with Imprex and disabling (or minimizing) techniques 1, 2 and 3 posted by users/futeko so far for getting as pure PQ out as possible...
  • With Imprex at 'Standard' with contrast and other options at medium or even low, I did notice some dulled or clipped blacks and whites with AVS HD 709 test patterns. After some back-and-forths with video clips/samples, I'm finding the settings below more pleasing. It isn't easily noticeable as Imprex's effects in Q5/Q10 Pro are more subtle that previous gen, but paying close attention to black areas of videos, blacks seems more/deep black, and with whites, not blown out, and sharpness not tad edgy looking
  • With applying all 3 of the user/forum suggested settings (linked above), I can get proper black and white levels. PQ looks great (a little better, more natural) with samples and movie scenes
  • The picture settings that worked best for me using AVS HD 709 test patterns were brightness at 53 and contrast at 43 (so, little different from @BigPines'). This will likely be a little different for everyone in their own home viewing environment, and also depend on which display (and at what settings)
(Click above to view larger)

For above, in testing with my Epson 5025UB PJ w/a Da-lite HP 2.4 gain screen, in a light-controlled room, I used the THX @ 6500K preset PQ option.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-09-16, 21:43)hdmkv Wrote: The picture settings that worked best for me using AVS HD 709 test patterns were brightness at 53 and contrast at 43 (so, little different from @BigPines'). This will likely be a little different for everyone in their own home viewing environment, and also depend on which display (and at what settings)

I don't know what I should say about having contrast and brightness so close. You should probably invest in a colorimeter: X-Rite i1Display Pro They usually go on sale for $150.

One another thing that I need to mention here is that if you can't get the settings overlay off while adjusting black levels, then it won't be quite accurate.
Had the settings overlaid just to snap pics to post here. The brightness and contrast settings, those are what let me see the bars pulsating to point(s) as indicated in the AVS HD 709 test patterns, 'Black Clipping' and 'White Clipping' clips respectively. I recall when I last calibrated with a regular Blu-ray player, those values were further apart, with saturation and tint closer to median.
My HT
(2016-09-16, 21:43)hdmkv Wrote: @boblo, I've done some tests with Imprex and disabling (or minimizing) techniques 1, 2 and 3 posted by users/futeko so far for getting as pure PQ out as possible...
  • With Imprex at 'Standard' with contrast and other options at medium or even low, I did notice some dulled or clipped blacks and whites with AVS HD 709 test patterns. After some back-and-forths with video clips/samples, I'm finding the settings below more pleasing. It isn't easily noticeable as Imprex's effects in Q5/Q10 Pro are more subtle that previous gen, but paying close attention to black areas of videos, blacks seems more/deep black, and with whites, not blown out, and sharpness not tad edgy looking
  • With applying all 3 of the user/forum suggested settings (linked above), I can get proper black and white levels. PQ looks great (a little better, more natural) with samples and movie scenes
  • The picture settings that worked best for me using AVS HD 709 test patterns were brightness at 53 and contrast at 43 (so, little different from @BigPines'). This will likely be a little different for everyone in their own home viewing environment, and also depend on which display (and at what settings)
(Click above to view larger)

For above, in testing with my Epson 5025UB PJ w/a Da-lite HP 2.4 gain screen, in a light-controlled room, I used the THX @ 6500K preset PQ option.
So that with the settings suggested by Futeko, is now the image a near natural image? Excuse me, but I didn't understand your tests. I'm not an A/V expert.

The real problem is that not all users have the necessary skills to find out the proper settings (like you) to really disable the Imprex Engine. **HiMedia MUST implement an effective "Imprex ON/OFF" switch that can 100% disable the Engine without added difificulties**, that is, without modifying any other setting. IMHO, the current implementation of this switch is not reliable nor intuitive. For example, when I turn off image enhancement on my Panasonic Blu-ray recorder, the image is shown AS IS. I don't need to change anything else.

A Big Thank you for your efforts Smile
I'm not an a/v expert either; that would be @wesk05 Smile. Wish I could do a side-by-side vs. my RPi3, Intel NUC and XBOX One w/Blu-ray, but when doing input switching, you need to go by memory, and what you see all tends to kinda blend together in your mind after a while. But, I'd say yes, the image is more natural-ish w/above settings on Q10 Pro.
My HT
@hdmkv: Well, I'm looking forward to seeing the response from HiMedia to your bug report filed last week. I suppose you agree with the need of a "real" Imprex "ON/OFF" switch... Wink

PS. I forgot to say you should send your test results to HiMedia too. They may be helpful for them, because Futeko said that they cannot isolate the issue without more bug reports.
If the player is broken you can't calibrate around it as usually it lacks proper dynamic range on output.
You should be calibrating the input to be correct and then testing with the source.
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

(2016-09-15, 16:32)Doflamingo Wrote:
(2016-09-14, 16:55)Doflamingo Wrote: This is what I mean:

http://oi64.tinypic.com/16a9qgn.jpg

Guys anyone can test backlight of touch keys?

No one can compare backlight with a photo? Please guys, I'm not asking for much...
@couto27, you're correct, but I wouldn't say Q5/Q10 Pro are "broken" as PQ eyeballing it still looks excellent to me, but to @boblo's point, we want pure, unadulterated PQ. Not sure if HiMedia will respond on this issue; best bet is still Simon @ Futeko as he at least has some leverage being a reseller.
My HT
(2016-09-17, 02:12)hdmkv Wrote: @couto27, you're correct, but I wouldn't say Q5/Q10 Pro are "broken" as PQ eyeballing it still looks excellent to me, but to @boblo's point, we want pure, unadulterated PQ. Not sure if HiMedia will respond on this issue; best bet is still Simon @ Futeko as he at least has some leverage being a reseller.
In order that HiMedia pay attention to Simon, Simon needs more evidences of this issue (more bug reports, this was stated by him in the Futeko forum). According to him, HiMedia cannot locate the issue, they have difficulties to achieve that. That's why I think you should send your test results to Simon and/or HiMedia. And if anyone in this forum has performed its own tests, he should send them too.
(2016-09-15, 15:34)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-09-15, 15:28)looun Wrote:
(2016-09-15, 14:27)hdmkv Wrote: @looun, can you post your impressions/review of X9S here? Thanks.

In addition to items on your list above, how does the wrapper via ZDMC work as mirror88 has mentioned was just implemented. Alternatively, @Lony's wrapper with official Kodi 16.1 (same Zidoo forum link).

"You need Root, without root the Wrapper not works" i can not root the device.

(2016-09-15, 15:17)movie78 Wrote: Please also do side by side comparison with 4K UHD

i hope to do some test with new EPSON EH-TW9300( 5040UB U.S. )

I envy youAngryAngryAngry:

OT:
TW9300 is awesome low price for amazing product only two limitation:
- no frame interpolation with UHD content, only with 1080p signal
- HDMI is limit to 10.2 gbps, so no 2160p 10 bit /50/60hz

on workshop ,expert people, compare it to product with price 6000-7000€.
END OT.

Himedia pro q10 work very well EPSON , HDR and video is very good.

than

from initial test with x9s i think the two product are wery close ,but different.
Realtek player work very well ,with spmc kodi and also SDMC there is some trouble and lot of work to do.

the good news is: realtek is back with RTD1295 is very good soc , like old 1186.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2016-09-16, 07:00)wrxtasy Wrote: The missing info concerns the Remote control, Android GUI. I simply cannot find any detailed info , so Questions:

a) Does the Q5/Q10 come with an RF Air Mouse or the much hated, torturous, vanilla IR D-Pad Air Mouse variety ?
b) If IR only, are users purchasing RF Air Mice, remotes ?
c) Any annoying limitations with the included HiMedia remote ?

@hdmkv please update your Post #1 to include this sort of info, as regular (non Android TV) Boxes can be extremely frustrating to use if manufacturers / sellers don't get the Remote GUI couch experience right. I hassle WeTek constantly about this sort of stuff. Wink
(2016-09-16, 12:28)looun Wrote: a) No, simple Irda remote
b) http://www.futeko.com/newforum/index.php?topic=904.0
c) there is not STOP playback button !!!
Thx for the info looun, the following has gone into the "Pick the Right Kodi Box" as users need to be informed of PITA annoyances like this, before buying when compared to other Kodi Hardware platforms in that thread.

Quote:Disappointingly for the price paid for the Q10, the remote is a regular PITA Infra Red D-PAD Air Mouse. A RF Wireless one will need to be purchased separately for proper Android Apps control.

(2016-09-18, 05:06)wrxtasy Wrote:
Quote:Disappointingly for the price paid for the Q10, the remote is a regular PITA Infra Red D-PAD Air Mouse. A RF Wireless one will need to be purchased separately for proper Android Apps control.

no i NOT quote, Hicontrol APP is better any RF Air Mouse i have try, and it's free to download.

for example with hicontrol you can control box with turn on tv for play music.

hicontroll is not like classic remote APP , i screen mirror from tv to smartphone , it's like have a 50" tablet

So in practice himedia have two remote : irda remote and app remote.

I have a Feilan FL-102 media center remote and i never use with himedia..
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Thanks for the info, but Hardware devices in that thread are being compared to what remote control ships with the Box. Like for like.
WeTek for example also has an App that mirrors the screen and provides extra functions too. That is also not included in that thread.

Then there are a bunch of users that simply want One single remote control in one Hand (myself included), Beer in the other, and don't want to stuff around with Phones or Tablets, draining batteries, and dropping into annoying sleep modes just to simply control a Android media player properly.

This is the exact reason Android TV OS was invented, for simple sensible big screen TV Apps control.

• 68(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8