Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2016-10-29, 23:23)ppoulos Wrote: Well, I just tried to install the 28-October-2016 Windows MVC Build. I can tell you that this build plays MVC 3D fine with appropriate HD Audio (Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, etc.). However I still have the problem where skipping through a 3D Movie with a Dolby Atmos Soundtrack only can slow up or hang up the movie (DTS-X and all other HD Soundtracks work fine). This problem is only with 3D movies with Atmos Soundtracks and I have only tested with 3D MKV files. It's the same problem I notice with the September 22nd Build.

I have just tested some more, and the problem I am having occurs mostly with MVC 3D .mkv files created by MakeMKV. When I tried playing back the original 3D .iso files with Dolby Atmos Soundtracks the playback was responsive, no longer delaying significantly when chapter skipping, restarting the movie, or fast forwarding or reversing. The downside of using .iso files is having to choose the proper title to run if the perceived main title is not the correct one. If you stop the movie then resume playback the perceived main title is again selected, not the actual one you originally had selected from the Simplified Bluray Menu. The only way I can reproduce the above playback issues with .iso files is to set Bluray Disc Playback to show the Bluray Menu. If the Bluray Menu is simple enough to actual work, and I select the title I want with Dolby Atmos Soundtracks, the playback will stutter and stop.

I have converted all my 3D .iso files into 3D .mkv files to eliminate having to select the proper title. In some instances I have also eliminated unneeded subtitle tracks and sometimes even upgraded the soundtrack (for example the 3D version of Goosebumps has a DTS-MA 7.1 Soundtrack, while the 2D version of Goosebumps has a Dolby Atmos soundtrack - I have remuxed my .mkv 3D version of Goosebumps to have a Dolby Atmos Soundtrack). So I assume but cannot verify that the problem lies with the current Kodi Windows MVC Build from September 22nd onward having problems playing back .mkv 3D MVC files and probably not related to the Graphic Drivers of my Intel NUC. Has anybody else seen this problem with playback?
NUC: NUC5i5RYH (Intel Core i5-5250U, Intel HD Graphics 6000)
RAM: 16 GB Crucial DDR3-1600
SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 SSD
Display: LG 65EF9500 OLED
AVR: Pioneer Elite SC-99

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by ppoulos - 2016-10-30, 20:55
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10