Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2017-01-02, 07:22)woronczak Wrote: Also what hardware is your PC?

These builds pretty much work for specific Intel hardware using Intel HD graphics only (see first post) to provide hardware decoding (not software). There is a trick to possibly get it to work on other hardware (you will have to read through this forum), but that is not the general intent as I understand it.
Ah, okay, didn't realize it was so focused on Intel hardware (despite the thread title, people seemed to be asking general support questions). My understanding was that if I wanted MVC decoding at all, that I would have to use this MVC build of Kodi.

What I'm looking for would probably require both frames be extracted from the MVC data before being sent off for display, since I'm guessing it's not possible to get that back from the hardware decoder. Should I be looking at mainline Kodi for that?

My CPU is an AMD FX-6350 (six coreas @ 3.9GHz), which should be plenty for the software decode if that's what's required. GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce 970, though that shouldn't matter too much given this new info.

Edit: Clarified that I was seeing general support questions here, not just for Intel hardware.

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
RE: Intel HTPC/NUC's w/reliable Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by CyberWilhelm - 2017-01-02, 07:35
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10