Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2019-06-18, 05:05)te36 Wrote: Thanks for the explanations

a) Lucky you with your OLED. Seems i missed the window of opportunity. Checking around a bit, none of the non-retired models support passive 3D on 4K models, not only LG, but also all the other vendors. Really sad. One would have hoped that at least some of the niche high-end vendor/products would still support it to suck in some money for folks like me who still want to have it.

b) Is 4k line interlaced 3D actually a new format introduced with HDMI 2.0x or is your TV not really having to support it as a special mode, but just thinks its a 2D picture and the passive 3D filters on the display just do the rest ?

c) If you run the 18 MVC build on NVidia to display MVC files, you must know where to find the 64 bit version of that MVC library ;-)
b) I think with the introduction of the 4k passive 3D TV's there is an upgrade for the 3D signal introduced. I don't think its a new format, just an enhanced one. With this specific MVC build (17 and 18), Kodi detects a 3D signal when playing 3D media and puts Kodi in 3D mode. Below = what I experience with Kodi, not when using something else for playing 3D.

- If the output = HDMI 1.4 > TV switches in 3D mode (popup 3D signal detection).
- If the output = HDMI 2.0 > TV doesn't switch in 3D mode, but putting a 3D picture on the screen.

The big difference between those 3D modes is that, with the TV in active 3D mode (popup notification), the brightness setting goes up, because the 3D glasses darkens the picture.
So wenn Kodi outputting the 3D Interlaced picture, nothing happens with the brightness. This is no problem whatsoever, when I press the 3D button on my remote, TV is still switching to active 3D mode and brightness goes up (but the 3D output stays the same). In most cases this isn't necessary, brightness is high enough from my TV. But with this, an extra feature is available (no need to manual changing picture settings of my TV) Smile

c)  I got this one  (wait for the download popup)
Kodi 19.1 Android/Google(TV) [ Shield TV Pro [64b] / Mi Box S [32b] / Mi Projector / Fire 4k TV stick / CC with Google TV ]
Kodi 19 [3D MVC build] Shuttle DH270 [Kaby Lake i3-7300/HD630 graphics - W10-1903]

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by p750mmx - 2019-06-18, 16:04
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10