Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2019-07-08, 11:55)p750mmx Wrote: "Alas only HDMI 1.4a display here right now........"

And that is the reason why the 3D MVC works. It is not Kaby Lake related, it's HDMI version related.

Does this system has an HDMI 2.0a port?

Specs don't say, but Intels ARK says 7260U has a separate HDMI 1.4 port + DP + eDP port, so it would be very surprising if this was not the native HDMI 1.4 port. No idea how to even figure this out. Seems the LSPCON is mostly an issue for the newer Intel boxes with only a single HDMI and no other video ports because those want to offer HDMI 2.0 for UHD@60Hz and need to use an LSPCON. 

The whole idea of buying this box was first hand to have a working 3D box without fan noise and reasonably fast CPU and also have an extra DP port where i could play around with DP->HDMI adapters and their LSPCON chips. 

Some good summary of the current state of LSPCON issues would be great.

Intel NOC seem to have MegaChips MCDP2800 built-in, so what exactly does and does not work with their latest 1.72 firmware update ? According to MegaChips web page, the MCDP2800 does support "Steroscopic 3D forwarding".

And there are lot of external LSPCON options for those like me who have a DP port. Example:

https://plugable.com/products/dp-hdmi/

Claims 3D support. No HDR though, but when i connect to a reasonably priced front projection TV, H.2020 color space becomes only relevant once you get a >> $5,000 projector. Otherwise the HDR->SDR conversion is more relevant. Have to start playing around with that and see how it looks.

There is also the MCDP2900 that claims HDR support (and of course 3D) and thats available in external DP/HDMI adapters, but its unclear me whether the HDR features would make it through Intels driver for the DP1.2 port on the "older" CPU like Kaby Lake. Supposedly some newer features like HDR metadata could have been backported given how they do not require any of the new DP1.4 HW features.

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by te36 - 2019-07-08, 13:30
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10