Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
OK, bit more testing with those external DP->HDMI adapters.

On an MSI B450i with Ryzen 2400G CPU/APU, all three adapters create perfect "3D" indications in windows 10 Display Resolution setting, and Kodi also offers hardware based decoding and attempts to start it, then 3 seconds of weird display happens and then the AMD graphic driver crashes and windows converts to a default VGA driver. That problem is independent of HD, also happens on the HDMI port. Reading the AMD website forum it seems others have already complained about 3D not working on Ryzen, and AMD seemingly says that its not support. And obviously, making windows believe and then letting the driver crash when you try to use it is a perfect "not supported" notification (not, sigh).

But in any case, when running linux on that system, it also works with all three adapters, except that the kernel log reports strange crashes in the AMD driver when i use the CSL adapter that i believe to be passive. But afterworks, display runs fine. I just have never tried to figure out 3D with linux (too much hacking).

On a Supermicro X11SSV-Q with i5-7500, all three adapters work 2D, but only the CSL adapter creates correct 3D indication in windows and works for 3D. The two other (active) adapters (PS176 and MCDP2900) do create the "3D" for all resolutions output in windows and don't work for 3D.

None of the two motherboards describes by the way whether their DP ports are DP++, and except for the kernel crashes in linux i could not find any real indicator whether the DP port was operating in HDMI mode or not. So whether or not the CSL adapter is passive was all conjecture. Until i took it apart to figure out that it indeed has a PS8402A inside of it. Which explicitly claims to support 1080p 3D on its web-page by the way. Unlike the active adapters on paradechs web page (no mentioning of 1080p 3D).

Still very curious as to what results p750mmx would get with the other (active) adapter...

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by te36 - 2019-07-17, 18:30
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10