Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
So I'm working on an 18.8 build but have finally narrowed down the right eye first issue.

The right eye first issue occurs when using MKV which are marked as right eye first. The display will change to 3D mode and the codec info will report "block_rl" mode for the codec instead of the normal "block_lr". The problem is it displays the same eye in both frames so the picture is completely flat.

Workaround:
Open the file in MKVToolNixGui header editor
Expand the video and change the "Video stereo mode" from 14 to 13
Save the change
Now you will get a proper 3D effect from Kodi with this file but will need to enable the swap eyes option

I have had a look at trying to fix this but unfortunately I'm not much of a programmer and have never done anything with C. A variable called hints.stereo.mode seems to be used to store the determined 3D mode / right eye first from the MKV and I could easily disable that behaviour but I cannot see a function to manipulate the user swap eyes function and it seems like a less than ideal fix anyway. @afedchin can you offer any help or advice on how to fix this issue?

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by Krobar - 2020-09-14, 09:40
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10