Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2021-05-21, 22:12)damagedspline Wrote: Good news: I think it is finally working! I will only be able to test with my projector tomorrow. So far I tested it on my laptop using the "crossed eyed stereogram" 3D testing with rotated Over/Under setting and some default kodi 3D test files.

Bad news: Windows! It seems as if MS changed the behavior of the notorious 3D Display option and now when it is set to On it will always force hdmi frame packing output even if not desired by the applications - I noticed it on 2 devices last week. Did any one else encountered it with the latest Windows build? (this is not related to Kodi) This will degrade 2D videos quality by creating visual artifacts caused by Motion Compensation if such were enabled in the projector or TV. Until I figure out a way to resolve it, I would suggest turning it off for 2D, and enable for 3D. I know this was requested ~20 posts ago - now it has got a higher priority...

If I will not encounter any exceptional regressions, I will post the link to v19 build in a couple of days and few days later another release of v19.1.

Future feature list:
  1. Force 3D Display mode - Windows settings as requested ( - need to find the API for that...) 
  2. External Subtitle search for BLURAY/ISO should use the movie name from the metadata and not the mpls file name... - This should be mainlined to master Kodi as well

That is good news and thank you for working on keeping the 3D builds alive.

It is the Windows 20H2 update which causes the broken 3D behaviour you describe on my own system. It is why I requested the feature here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3029675

Right now I have to block Windows Updates because of this issue. I think MadVR might be able to trigger 3D on and off in display properties on demand.

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by Krobar - 2021-05-21, 22:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10