• 237(current)
Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Hi
For backup/ restore, i use acronis true image backup ( but not free : use 15 days for mackup, always for restoring)
For ssd, i use tweakssd ( free)
You need a 8 go usb disk for a clean install windows 10
@damagespline : good luck and thank you for your work.

Note : if nothing work in 3d, in my signature is a link : mpc-be kit/config for intel ( working for me : gen 5, 7 and 9)
Bye
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
Good news: I think it is finally working! I will only be able to test with my projector tomorrow. So far I tested it on my laptop using the "crossed eyed stereogram" 3D testing with rotated Over/Under setting and some default kodi 3D test files.

Bad news: Windows! It seems as if MS changed the behavior of the notorious 3D Display option and now when it is set to On it will always force hdmi frame packing output even if not desired by the applications - I noticed it on 2 devices last week. Did any one else encountered it with the latest Windows build? (this is not related to Kodi) This will degrade 2D videos quality by creating visual artifacts caused by Motion Compensation if such were enabled in the projector or TV. Until I figure out a way to resolve it, I would suggest turning it off for 2D, and enable for 3D. I know this was requested ~20 posts ago - now it has got a higher priority...

If I will not encounter any exceptional regressions, I will post the link to v19 build in a couple of days and few days later another release of v19.1.

Future feature list:
  1. Force 3D Display mode - Windows settings as requested ( - need to find the API for that...) 
  2. External Subtitle search for BLURAY/ISO should use the movie name from the metadata and not the mpls file name... - This should be mainlined to master Kodi as well
(2021-05-21, 22:12)damagedspline Wrote: Good news: I think it is finally working! I will only be able to test with my projector tomorrow. So far I tested it on my laptop using the "crossed eyed stereogram" 3D testing with rotated Over/Under setting and some default kodi 3D test files.

Bad news: Windows! It seems as if MS changed the behavior of the notorious 3D Display option and now when it is set to On it will always force hdmi frame packing output even if not desired by the applications - I noticed it on 2 devices last week. Did any one else encountered it with the latest Windows build? (this is not related to Kodi) This will degrade 2D videos quality by creating visual artifacts caused by Motion Compensation if such were enabled in the projector or TV. Until I figure out a way to resolve it, I would suggest turning it off for 2D, and enable for 3D. I know this was requested ~20 posts ago - now it has got a higher priority...

If I will not encounter any exceptional regressions, I will post the link to v19 build in a couple of days and few days later another release of v19.1.

Future feature list:
  1. Force 3D Display mode - Windows settings as requested ( - need to find the API for that...) 
  2. External Subtitle search for BLURAY/ISO should use the movie name from the metadata and not the mpls file name... - This should be mainlined to master Kodi as well

That is good news and thank you for working on keeping the 3D builds alive.

It is the Windows 20H2 update which causes the broken 3D behaviour you describe on my own system. It is why I requested the feature here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3029675

Right now I have to block Windows Updates because of this issue. I think MadVR might be able to trigger 3D on and off in display properties on demand.
(2021-05-21, 22:44)Krobar Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 22:12)damagedspline Wrote: Good news: I think it is finally working! I will only be able to test with my projector tomorrow. So far I tested it on my laptop using the "crossed eyed stereogram" 3D testing with rotated Over/Under setting and some default kodi 3D test files.

Future feature list:

It is the Windows 20H2 update which causes the broken 3D behaviour you describe on my own system. It is why I requested the feature here:

Right now I have to block Windows Updates because of this issue. I think MadVR might be able to trigger 3D on and off in display properties on demand.
I've been trying to get a new PC setup to replace my old celeron NUC and installed 1909 specifically to avoid the 3D issue with Windows.  Before installing 1909 I used the older build of Windows 10 that was already on the PC in order to see if the hardware would even work for 3D and everything seemed fine.  I did a clean install of 1909 and it has the same behavior as 2004 and 20H2.  Once 3D is enabled it doesn't switch back to 2D without shutting it off in the display control panel.  Windows definitely has a problem but I'm beginning to wonder if the latest Kodi MVC builds might have a similar problem to.
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
(2021-05-23, 01:14)Statikk Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 22:44)Krobar Wrote:

Future feature list:

I've been trying to get a new PC setup to replace my old celeron NUC and installed 1909 specifically to avoid the 3D issue with Windows.  Before installing 1909 I used the older build of Windows 10 that was already on the PC in order to see if the hardware would even work for 3D and everything seemed fine.  I did a clean install of 1909 and it has the same behavior as 2004 and 20H2.  Once 3D is enabled it doesn't switch back to 2D without shutting it off in the display control panel.  Windows definitely has a problem but I'm beginning to wonder if the latest Kodi MVC builds might have a similar problem to.

Pretty sure you have to go back to 1809, which is what I've just done. 3D is working.

Now trying to get audio passthrough to work. Just keeps exporting audio as PCM to the receiver. It should be full passthrough to let the Yamaha do the work decoding everything properly. The sound output in the sound settings shows all Hd codecs but still only PCM output. Not sure if I ned to work on trying the RealTek driver install or not.
(2021-05-23, 07:06)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 01:14)Statikk Wrote:
(2021-05-21, 22:44)Krobar Wrote: That is good news and thank you for working on keeping the 3D builds alive.

Pretty sure you have to go back to 1809, which is what I've just done. 3D is working.

Now trying to get audio passthrough to work. Just keeps exporting audio as PCM to the receiver. It should be full passthrough to let the Yamaha do the work decoding everything properly. The sound output in the sound settings shows all Hd codecs but still only PCM output. Not sure if I ned to work on trying the RealTek driver install or not.
OK thanks for the tip.  I saw a few posts of people saying that the issue started for them with 2004 but I think the build it was working on for me was 17 something.  I'll try out 1809.  I'm just trying to get on the most up to date version that doesn't have the issue.
Main: Intel NUC DN2820FYKH with Intel Celeron N2830 CPU, Windows 10 Professional 64bit, Intel® HD Graphics driver-version 10.18.10.4338. Running afedchin's Windows MVC 3D test build.
(2021-05-23, 08:19)Statikk Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 07:06)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 01:14)Statikk Wrote: I've been trying to get a new PC setup to replace my old celeron NUC and installed 1909 specifically to avoid the 3D issue with Windows.  Before installing 1909 I used the older build of Windows 10 that was already on the PC in order to see if the hardware would even work for 3D and everything seemed fine.  I did a clean install of 1909 and it has the same behavior as 2004 and 20H2.  Once 3D is enabled it doesn't switch back to 2D without shutting it off in the display control panel.  Windows definitely has a problem but I'm beginning to wonder if the latest Kodi MVC builds might have a similar problem to.

OK thanks for the tip.  I saw a few posts of people saying that the issue started for them with 2004 but I think the build it was working on for me was 17 something.  I'll try out 1809.  I'm just trying to get on the most up to date version that doesn't have the issue.
Im working on it right now after a SSD failure lost the entire install. 1809 is working fine for 3D once you apply the Intel Graphics settings noted on the first page of this thread (in the Imagur collection).

I'm stuck trying to get lossless audio passthrough working again. I can install Dolby Access and it will show as DD+/Atmos on the Yamaha receiver when playing a video through the app. Go back to Kodi and everything is PCM. I tried playing files with VLC and only got PCM for them all as well. Still trying to sort this and hope I don't have to play the RealTek install and hope it worked game.

I've run StopWindowsUpdate to prevent any further Windwos updates as the next one it was trying to install would bump it to version 20H2.
(2021-05-23, 08:29)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 08:19)Statikk Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 07:06)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Pretty sure you have to go back to 1809, which is what I've just done. 3D is working.

Now trying to get audio passthrough to…
. The sound output in the sound settings shows all Hd codecs but still only PCM
OK thanks for the tip. 
Im working.
I'm stuck trying to get lossless audio passthrough working again.… ..

Hi.
Have you setup windows hdmi sound properties to 7.1 ?
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
(2021-05-23, 09:35)Aphykit2006 Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 08:29)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 08:19)Statikk Wrote: OK thanks for the tip. 
Im working.
I'm stuck trying to get lossless audio passthrough working again.… ..

Hi.
Have you setup windows hdmi sound properties to 7.1 ?
I have. And i also have the Dolby Atmos for Home Theater app installed. It works and passes through DD+/Atmos to the receiver. I set VLC to passthrough enabled and it passes through lossless Dolby Atmos and dts:X no problem. Kodi set to 2.0 passes through something that is read as DD by the receiver. All other speaker configurations are PCM and only 5.1 (no idea if they are even lossless quality). I've tested with specific channel callout Atmos and dts:X videos.

I'm running an Intel i3-4360 CPU with 8GB RAM. This all worked before the SSD crashed but i'm pretty sure it was using the RealTek HD Audio driver which is a pain in the rear to get to install over the Intel Display driver or Windows "High Defitinion" audio driver, I'm watching The Force Awakens MVC 3D right now and the audio on the receiver says PSM when it should be Atmos.

Forgot to add I'm using the Kodi 18.1 MVC build as that was the last one that worked with CinemaVision to any degree and didn't have issues present in 18.2 and 18.3. I'm going to try and un-install Kodi and re-install to see if that does anything.
No good. Can't get the Dolby Access to select Dolby Atmos for Home Theater. Set to 71. dts:X and Atmos passthrough VLC no problem. Kodi put out 7.1 only through PCM, i'm stumped for tonight. Audio always seems to be the most frustrating.
(2021-05-23, 10:38)K0D1User1138 Wrote: No good. Can't get the Dolby Access to select Dolby Atmos for Home Theater. Set to 71. dts:X and Atmos passthrough VLC no problem. Kodi put out 7.1 only through PCM, i'm stumped for tonight. Audio always seems to be the most frustrating.

Are you using WASAPI for the bitstream device?
(2021-05-23, 10:40)Krobar Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 10:38)K0D1User1138 Wrote: No good. Can't get the Dolby Access to select Dolby Atmos for Home Theater. Set to 71. dts:X and Atmos passthrough VLC no problem. Kodi put out 7.1 only through PCM, i'm stumped for tonight. Audio always seems to be the most frustrating.

Yes. And set for passthrough as well selected all options for codec capable receivers. The standard settings, sorry if I didn't make that clear before. It's all there, Something between Kodi and Windows isn't allowing passthrough with the Intel Display driver while VLC works no problem.
(2021-05-23, 10:42)K0D1User1138 Wrote:
(2021-05-23, 10:40)Krobar Wrote:

Yes. And set for passthrough as well selected all options for codec capable receivers. The standard settings, sorry if I didn't make that clear before. It's all there, Something between Kodi and Windows isn't allowing passthrough with the Intel Display driver while VLC works no problem.

Not too sure what the issue is then. I do know for my VM setup I have to have the Realtek integrated audio device passed through and the driver installed for HDMI audio to work so I suppose the Realtek driver could be involved.
Hi
For trying multiple versions , just install kodi in portable mode.
So you can test with matrix vithout break leia.
Actually, i use kodi 19.1 ( portable mode) + mpc-be for 3D movies ( see signature for config) . waiting for 3D mvc version.
* Please do not add to the first post before more people validate - I only did simple testing of 4 different movies *

Kodi MVC v19.0 - validated on 10th gen Laptop connected to Epson projector HC2150/TW5650, tested Shazam! 3D Bluray, Aquaman 3D Bluray, MKV 3D simple test from kodi samples, etc...

Known issues that I was able to find:
 * Kodi does not enable automatically Windows' "3D Display" mode - while this is not a new issue, I hope to resolve this before releasing v19.1.
 * "Resume video from X min..." is broken for 3D movies 

Download from here

I recommend:
1) Perform Previous Kodi uninstall
2) Backup "%localappdata%\Kodi" (Kodi settings) before installing the new release so you can go back to previous versions when wanted.
  • 237(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10