Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2021-08-19, 12:21)viulian Wrote: First I would like to thank everybody involved in keeping Kodi 3D for Windows going Smile

Second, I finally got some results (using the latest build 19.1 kindly provided by @damagedspline in post https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?pid...pid3041077 )
My system is an NUC6i7KYK (Intel Skull Canyon) with Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580 having latest drivers (which are 27.20.100.8681) on W10 1903 (as it resides in its own VLAN to not get any updates), TV is a Samsung UE40ES6100 (HDMI 1.4a) with just simple 2+1 audio system connected to it.

My problem was that even if the TV was reporting the image to be 3D, the left eye was dark and the image was not in fact 3D (as a real 3D image looks "doubled" when seen without the glasses) but not here, no doubled image. Initially I thought this is related to the new setting (defaulting at 20), but the msdk_sys_analyzer_64.exe said 20 is supported both HW and SW. Tried about 10 combos, no luck. However, I decided to try and switch Kodi UI to Stereoscopic 3D also, and ha, same issue, left eye was dark. This got me thinking that it may be a deeper issue, W10 version related or graphics driver related ?

Since a lot of posts mention 3D issues appearing once Windows passed to version 19XX, I decided to give it a try with 1803 and not only that, I also found almost all versions of the Intel graphics drivers (sans 23.xxx). Decided to try them in increasing fashion, from 20, 21, ... on W10 1803 to see what is going on.

I found that with the graphics driver versions < 24, nothing properly worked 3D wise (for example, enabling Stereoscopic mode in Kodi would end up with a black screen).
Things started working with 24 / 25 versions. However, upon enabling "Stereoscopic 3D" mode - TV would flicker on/off as reported previously. I also discovered that to make the flicker stop - another alternative is to disable "Use fullscreen window" - it makes the flicker go away in my case.

Thus, thankfully, I can watch 3D from inside Kodi, instead of having to rely on MPC-BE/madVR combo! I did not touch the "3D MVC decoder HW support level", it stayed at 20.
Currently using Intel Graphics Driver 26.20.100.6911 / W10 1803.

I will continue testing, as now my problem is that Windows "3D desktop" setting is getting turned off upon starting Kodi. I have to Alt-Tab, re-enable it in Windows, Alt-Tab back to Kodi. If I am already into the Settings / System / Display, just clicking on the "Stereoscopic 3D mode" doesn't show the Hardware option. I have to exit "System" settings, enter again, and only then the option "Hardware" appears. Not sure if it is Windows related or Kodi related. I remember a Kodi config option to force the Windows "3D desktop", so I need to explore more, including trying W10 20XX version.

You know you can watch inside of Kodi with the madvr / MPC combo by using the dsplayer Kodi version. That's basically all I use now. I been wanting to try this one again but it seems there are so many issues.

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by robl45 - 2021-08-19, 13:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10