Win Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2021-08-19, 13:05)robl45 Wrote: You know you can watch inside of Kodi with the madvr / MPC combo by using the dsplayer Kodi version. That's basically all I use now. I been wanting to try this one again but it seems there are so many issues.

Yes, thank you, indeed, I knew about that way of getting things working, but somehow, it was just my backup plan ? I have already installed the HDMI CEC convertor into the NUC and I admit I did not check if the dsplayer alternative works with it, i just assumed not. Raspberry Pi works perfectly with HDMI CEC but I kinda grew tired of RPi not being so responsive in the UI. I hoped RPi4 would fix these issue, the initial Libreelec announcement promised 3D MVC, but as we know ... Also, I have stayed away of solutions that were vendor locked in, as if there will be a better / faster way to play 3D, they would get very quickly obsolete, while a RPi3 / NUC will always be reusable for other possible purposes. Thus, my interest in getting this Kodi native 3D MVC going - to get a more Pi3 experience.

Meanwhile, I understood why the 3D Desktop is switched off when Kodi starts (there were some older Kodi builds that were trying to integrate with the desktop, and you could force them one way or the other) but @damagedspline managed to enable 3D on the fly when playback starts / stops, and works perfectly!

Noticed one more problem, the 3D playback seems chopped when using Kodi 19.1 vs MPC-BE/madVR which is smooth. Took me a while to realize that the problem is the frequency. All the Kodi 3D .iso samples (which I use to test) seem to be at 23.976Hz and madVR properly switches the TV to 24Hz (according to the TV Info button). But Kodi 19.1 switches only to 30Hz (which is a supported frequency for the TV in 3D, but doesn't match what the movie is, thus, choppy playback). I whitelisted only the [email protected] and playback is very smooth.

@damagedspline - did you publish your patches somewhere ? I am also curious to check the integration with the Frequency and the outdated Windows API calls - and was wondering if I could build this too ?

Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
What about xvYCC / x.v.Color - by ma9ick - 2016-04-15, 14:01
June 30 download link broken? - by CooperCGN - 2016-08-02, 08:18
MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-09-18, 15:09
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by robsch - 2019-10-08, 17:41
RE: MVC build on AMD Ryzen - by te36 - 2019-10-13, 22:33
RE: Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback - by viulian - 2021-08-19, 21:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback10