v17 LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2016-11-14, 17:37)bill_orange Wrote:
(2016-11-14, 02:36)Milhouse Wrote:
(2016-11-14, 00:58)bill_orange Wrote: Your screen looks very much like mine with only incidental differences. I am not running a static IP. I seems to be that is unlikely to be the problem since I can connect, and play KODI remotely through the web interface. The only problem is having sound come out the local device (stream) from Kodi remotely.

I strikes me as unlikely to be the Choir front end or the browser since I am seeing the same behavior in Yatse.

Here is a log file.

http://sprunge.us/eYTj

Maybe there's a problem accessing local content via the virtual file system (vfs). Could you try some old builds to see if this is a recently introduced problem. If older builds behave differently (ie. they work) then identifying the first non-working build would be the next step.

Well that went badly. I tried to go back to the first build in the update list and it crashed KODI. I tried to go back even further to #0202 and it crashed the OS (rainbow screen only). Right now I am loading the 7.0.2 release to get up and running again. I am not sure this feature ever worked. I looked in the Chorus git and there were problems all the way back in 2014 / 2015. https://github.com/jez500/chorus/issues/116

They seemed to confirm your suspicion that it is a malformed link into the virtual file system.

**edit**

7.0.2 exhibits the same behavior. On another forum a KODI 16.1 user reported the same problem. I don't see any practical way to regress far enough back to find out if this a problem from the beginning or just something really old. If necessary can you suggest a way to regress to 2014 or before?

At the request of a user on the Chorus2 forum I tried putting some music on the SD rather than an external drive. Streaming to the local device works fine in this circumstance. This really looks like problems with the addressing passed to the browser add-on.

Messages In This Thread
RPi2: no DV-codec? - by bubi - 2016-07-10, 10:30
DV-video not working - by bubi - 2016-07-15, 19:48
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0) - by bill_orange - 2016-11-16, 02:14
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)19