Android KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2016) based on Android TV
(2017-04-22, 23:42)nostra Wrote:
(2017-04-21, 19:19)grenouille Wrote: My problem is that after I install and configure passthrough to my ONKYO AV receiver, passthrough works fine both in AC3 and DTS until I turn off everything off and turn on again later after cold power on.
Settings are the same, I don't find explanation but when I play the same movie again static sound is played both in AC3 and DTS. If I uninstall and reinstall again SPMC, reconfigure by enabling passthrough it works again.

Is there any logical explanation as why it works perfectly at first but after full power offs it stops working
As far as I understand Kodi before version 17 and earlier SPMC versions use a hack to be able to pass through AC3 and DTS. This hack is most definitely causing a lot of problems, one of these problems you seem to be experiencing.

I own the same TV set as you do and find the best using Kodi 17.1 and AC3 passthrough (transcoding DTS), which works reliably all the time.

Thanks you for your reply.

It is frustrating because at first it works perfectly fine and I can watch a full movie without problem, but after power cicle it goes wrong again. Also the stock "Video" app passes both AC3 and DTS without any problem... It would be so nice to discover what glitch cause Kodi/SPMC to stop passing through DTS correctly after power cycle....

I also tested AC3 transcoding for DTS and it doesn't work well for me, audio has usual random short mutes that result too annoying to watch any movie. Don't know if it is because of cpu usage or any bad config. Would you please paste your audio config for the 55XD9305 please? I would like to keep testing.

Thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
RE: KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2016) based on Android TV - by grenouille - 2017-04-23, 10:56
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI on Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2016) based on Android TV0