• 98(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
@UnluckyForSome Forgot to mention... Before clicking in "Clone or Download" make sure you change the branch from default master to release-0.9.8!
New views for Aeon Nox SiLVO: 332708 (thread)

Here is a link to Github.

Let me know what you think.

Here are some screenshots:

any one on Android Oreo  

that has noticed that the games doesnt start anymore  

it seems that the function  sytem/bin/am   isnt working anymore ....
Hello . i would like to inform about this change in thegamesdb.net: https://forums.thegamesdb.net/viewtopic.php?t=27, they changed their site and API. I have tried to circumvent the issue changing the directions in the python scrappers files to legacy.thegamesdb.net but this site is temporal
@jaimeerp Thanks a lot for reporting. I think this issue has been already reported in Github, have a look here.

Currently I'm still busy with Advanced MAME Launcher (I'm getting AML ready for inclusion into the Kodi official repo) and also I will be busy with real life over the next three weeks. I will have a look at this and release 0.9.8 ASAP.
Quick question. I want to configure this on my Shield TV 2017 Kodi's instance. Should I be looking at only running android emulators and installing them directly to the shield? 

I'm new to this and believe I could get a windows instance running ok but I'm confused with how I would configure android.

Thanks in advance.
(2018-06-19, 15:37)skillfulmmd Wrote: Quick question. I want to configure this on my Shield TV 2017 Kodi's instance. Should I be looking at only running android emulators and installing them directly to the shield? 

I'm new to this and believe I could get a windows instance running ok but I'm confused with how I would configure android.

Thanks in advance.
Check the Launchers XML Android directory in the AEL Asset Library. There you have some examples of Android configurations.

Don't desperate. Android is the most difficult platform to configure but once you get one Retroarch Launcher working making another one is really easy.
Never mind fixed it (skin issue)
(2018-06-21, 20:07)tillaz87 Wrote: Never mind fixed it (skin issue)
Remember that even if you use a conventional skin which only supports Icons and Fanarts, AEL/AML are able to map any asset to any Kodi standard type. For example, you can map Boxfronts to Icons and Snaps to Fanarts, or any combination you prefer. Please read "Explanation of AEL ROM assets and how they are mapped to Kodi standard assets", you have the link in the first post.

Of course, as you figured out, for optimal results you need a skin with views that support the expanded AEL asset model.
(2018-06-19, 15:37)skillfulmmd Wrote: Quick question. I want to configure this on my Shield TV 2017 Kodi's instance. Should I be looking at only running android emulators and installing them directly to the shield? 

Thanks in advance.
 If you have any issues let me know. Mostly you can follow the directions given by Wintermute but with a good Retroarch setup it won't be that hard. You can use my android configs from the repo.
I am running it myself on a Shield TV.
(2018-07-02, 15:59)chrisism Wrote:
(2018-06-19, 15:37)skillfulmmd Wrote:  

also after the oreo update ?  ... my games wont start anymore  
(2018-07-02, 17:48)marcoooo Wrote:
(2018-07-02, 15:59)chrisism Wrote:
(2018-06-19, 15:37)skillfulmmd Wrote:  

Interesting. Just installed the oreo update last weekend, so I'll have a look into it. If you have any logs I can have a look. (enabled logging in AEL too)
(2018-07-03, 09:18)chrisism Wrote:
(2018-07-02, 15:59)chrisism Wrote:  I am running it myself on a Shield TV.

Interesting. Just installed the oreo update last weekend, so I'll have a look into it. If you have any logs I can have a look. (enabled logging in AEL too)   
RCB users reported the same issue with Android 8. Seems like invoking apps via "system/bin/am" has been limited due to security reasons. Until now I did not find a way to solve this. If you find anything I would also be glad to know. Arc browser is reported to be still working with Android 8. But afaik this is a native Android app, so maybe it has other options to invoke the emulators.
tryed Internet archive  rom launcher   and that still start the games 

only there the emulator is called external    and advanced emulator launcher  doesnt like that Smile
(2018-07-03, 09:58)malte Wrote:
(2018-07-03, 09:18)chrisism Wrote:
RCB users reported the same issue with Android 8. Seems like invoking apps via "system/bin/am" has been limited due to security reasons. Until now I did not find a way to solve this. If you find anything I would also be glad to know. Arc browser is reported to be still working with Android 8. But afaik this is a native Android app, so maybe it has other options to invoke the emulators.  
 Issue confirmed. The "/system/bin/am" command doesn't seem to react on its commands, when running on Android Oreo. I will go and try stuff out. If anyone has a possible solution or any leads, let us know.
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12