• 104(current)
Beta Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi
(2018-09-28, 16:02)mechevarria Wrote: What are all the program arguments that are available for AEL? I looked at the wiki and the info was blank.  I know about %rom%, but are there any others?  Like system name? I plan to use AEL with Retroarch and I have a script that selects the correct core based on the system

You have a list in this post. If you need some other parameter let me know.
Hello,

so far this add'on is really great for creating a gaming collection inside Kodi. But there is one major issue I have with this program. When I edit multi-disk games like "Final Fantasy VIII" and change the name to "Final Fantasy 8" it always gets overwritten the next time I scan for PSX roms. This only happen with multi disc games the other ones just works fine.
(2018-10-03, 01:10)Finalzero Wrote: Hello,

so far this add'on is really great for creating a gaming collection inside Kodi. But there is one major issue I have with this program. When I edit multi-disk games like "Final Fantasy VIII" and change the name to "Final Fantasy 8" it always gets overwritten the next time I scan for PSX roms. This only happen with multi disc games the other ones just works fine.

Edition of multi-disk games is not supported yet. I will include your issue in the TODO list.
(2018-10-03, 12:12)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2018-10-03, 01:10)Finalzero Wrote: Hello,

Edition of multi-disk games is not supported yet. I will include your issue in the TODO list. 
Thanks for the info.
Hi AEL / AML & Mimic users.

I started doing some views for Mimic. This is just the initial set, first release kind of thing. If interested, grab the latest Kodi Leia nightly.

You can either download the Lyrebird Skin direct from my repo, which at this stage is just Mimic with these views added (that'll change over time) or you can grab a zip of just the views and require files for Mimic from the Google Drive link in the thread. This may work on Mimic in Krypton too but I haven't tested. Smile

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=336217

Hi. I apologise if this has already been covered in the thread but is it possible to update the offline scraper to support more recent versions of MAME? I've come across the offline scraper section of the GitHub but I have no idea what I need to download. Many thanks for any help.
(2018-10-09, 16:00)Turisu Wrote: Hi. I apologise if this has already been covered in the thread but is it possible to update the offline scraper to support more recent versions of MAME? I've come across the offline scraper section of the GitHub but I have no idea what I need to download. Many thanks for any help.
I will put it in the TODO list. In the mean time you can try Advanced MAME Launcher Smile
Hello folks.

I don't know and sory for that, if someone has allready posted this problem I have.
I use AEL to launch windows games (standalone exe) but whenever I try to scrap info or fanarts (with all scrapers available) I get a message that it gould not find anything.
Additionally is there a way not to show the type next to the title?

Thank you
(2018-10-17, 13:43)bgmordred Wrote: Hello folks.

I don't know and sory for that, if someone has allready posted this problem I have.
I use AEL to launch windows games (standalone exe) but whenever I try to scrap info or fanarts (with all scrapers available) I get a message that it gould not find anything.
Additionally is there a way not to show the type next to the title?

Thank you

Online scrapers are currently not working. Webmasters did some changes in the websites and AEL needs to catch up. Next AEL version, 0.10.0, is currently under development and will fix all the scrapers and add a new one.

Currently you have to use local artwork. Download the local artwork for your standalone launchers and then:

1) Use the launcher context menu to set the artwork.

2) Export the launchers as XML and then use the XML to add the artwork. Finally, reimport the edited XML.
(2018-10-17, 15:39)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Online scrapers are currently not working. Webmasters did some changes in the websites and AEL needs to catch up. Next AEL version, 0.10.0, is currently under development and will fix all the scrapers and add a new one.

screenscrapper ?!! Smile
(2018-10-17, 19:12)yevaman44 Wrote:
(2018-10-17, 15:39)Wintermute0110 Wrote: Online scrapers are currently not working. Webmasters did some changes in the websites and AEL needs to catch up. Next AEL version, 0.10.0, is currently under development and will fix all the scrapers and add a new one.

screenscrapper ?!! Smile
Yeeees.
Yes !!!!!!!!!!

Any date for a release ? Smile
(2018-10-17, 19:35)yevaman44 Wrote: Yes !!!!!!!!!!

Any date for a release ? Smile

I don't know... 0.10.0 will be a major AEL upgrade. Chrisism pulled a massive amount of code into AEL and I am now integrating Chrisism Android new features into the new object oriented framework with the features in the TODO list.

If I have time to develop (no surprises at work) maybe AEL 0.10.0 will be ready for Xmas, but I don't promise anything.
Hi all, new guy here Smile

This add-on is lovely, works great and is the main reason I've started using Kodi. Thank you for all the hard work, it is very appreciated.

The only thing I am missing right now are more view options in the Grid skin. Is anyone working on that? That skin is really slick but I can't use it since there are only 2 view options and both look pretty bad Smile
(2018-10-18, 09:26)Uganda Knuckles Wrote: Hi all, new guy here Smile

This add-on is lovely, works great and is the main reason I've started using Kodi. Thank you for all the hard work, it is very appreciated.

The only thing I am missing right now are more view options in the Grid skin. Is anyone working on that? That skin is really slick but I can't use it since there are only 2 view options and both look pretty bad Smile

Hi,

Traditionally most skins have a very bad support for program addons. You will need to install a skin that supports AEL to get the best user experience. The situation is going to change once Kodi Leia is released. AEL will became a games addon and I think more skinners will provide support for it. However, it is not clear yet how the games database will be coded into Kodi. A lot of things are going to happen in the following months so stay tuned. For now, please install a skin which supports AEL.

Best thing you can do is to go to Grid skin subforum and ask the developer to support AEL. You can tell him something like this "Once Kodi get the games database the views coded for AEL can be used almost with no changes for games making the skin ready for future Kodi releases."
  • 104(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advanced Emulator Launcher - Multi-emulator frontend for Kodi12