v17 I want to hide "Recently added" view in home page
Krypton Beta 1: when I select "TV Series" in the main screen I see the recently added episodes.
I don't like it, because it shows me screenshots from inside the episodes, and sometimes it shows spoilers (like a character that I thought was dead in a previous episode…).

I couldn't find a way to hide that section in this release.
Is there a way to do it?

Thank you!

P.S.
I'm on a Mac, but I don't think this is an OS related problem.
Agree. I would like that too

What i could done now is

in advanced settings,
<videolibrary>
<recentlyaddeditems>0</recentlyaddeditems>
</videolibrary>

but even setting 0, it still shows one.
Is there a solution yet?
As for me it would be enough to swap "recently added episodes" with "unwatched shows" so that you have to scroll down to see the recently added episodes.

We can't be the only ones who don't want to get spoilered after adding new episodes Confused
Wink 
(2016-10-30, 00:35)Gazo Wrote: Is there a solution yet?
As for me it would be enough to swap "recently added episodes" with "unwatched shows" so that you have to scroll down to see the recently added episodes.

We can't be the only ones who don't want to get spoilered after adding new episodes Confused

I think it should not be so hard to dev to make that change and it will help us from avoiding those one-shot spoiler moments.. Big Grin

I wonder if there is a manual way to achieve that..
Finally I achieved this. I edited Home.xml and modify TV shows widget order. Now, recent episodes are shown under unwathed shows. Spoilers avoided.
https://github.com/bite-your-idols/skin.estuary
(2016-11-17, 00:19)bite_your_idols Wrote: Finally I achieved this. I edited Home.xml and modify TV shows widget order. Now, recent episodes are shown under unwathed shows. Spoilers avoided.

Nice!
Sadly I can't get this to work Undecided I copied the skin.estuary folder from /usr/share/kodi/addons to /storage/.kodi/addons, edited Home.xml and the addon.xml (addon id and name so that there are no conflicts with the normal skin) but I can't choose the edited version in the Kodi menu.
What did I do wrong?
(2016-11-19, 02:11)Gazo Wrote:
(2016-11-17, 00:19)bite_your_idols Wrote: Finally I achieved this. I edited Home.xml and modify TV shows widget order. Now, recent episodes are shown under unwathed shows. Spoilers avoided.

Nice!
Sadly I can't get this to work Undecided I copied the skin.estuary folder from /usr/share/kodi/addons to /storage/.kodi/addons, edited Home.xml and the addon.xml (addon id and name so that there are no conflicts with the normal skin) but I can't choose the edited version in the Kodi menu.
What did I do wrong?

if you changes skin addon id and folder name you should activate addon in addon browser window, then both skins should appear to choose.
I did it like that first time, then I edit back addon id and folder name to name it as default estuary skin, lik this there is just one skin addon and all files present in storage/addons will overwrite files in usr/addons. Until now I don't have any conflict or issues...
Or you can just use Estuary MOD and change in settings what is shown on main screen

Moanbag is in da place!
Quote:if you changes skin addon id and folder name you should activate addon in addon browser window, then both skins should appear to choose.

I forgot to activate it in the addon browser. It works fine now!
To do what OP wants, remove this xml node from (on Windows):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.estuary\xml\Home.xml

(You will need to run your editing app as administrator to get perms to edit within Program Files dir)

Code:
<include content="WidgetListEpisodes" condition="Library.HasContent(tvshows)">
                            <param name="content_path" value="special://skin/playlists/recent_unwatched_episodes.xsp"/>
                            <param name="widget_header" value="$LOCALIZE[20387]"/>
                            <param name="widget_target" value="videos"/>
                            <param name="list_id" value="6200"/>
                        </include>
I have an Estuary v2 mod that let's you hide home screen widgets (and a few other things). Look for a thread in here with my username in the title.
(2016-11-19, 03:32)Gracus Wrote: Or you can just use Estuary MOD and change in settings what is shown on main screen

Bonjour Gracus,

Est-il possible de te contacter en MP, j'ai besoin de quelques renseignements sur les widgets séries TV, comme disposés sur ton screenshot ?

Merci d'avance. M
(2017-02-19, 23:52)DigiAl Wrote: To do what OP wants, remove this xml node [snip]

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed!
Sorry for the slow reaction, but I didn't know that my question had been answered.
I think I should change my notification system…
If you want to replace thumbnails with landscape art (fanart if no landscape is present) everywhere for unwatched episodes:

In SkinSettings.xml add this after line 86

Quote: <control type="radiobutton" id="6052">
<label>Hide thumbs for unwatched episodes</label>
<include>DefaultSettingButton</include>
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(hide_thumbs)</onclick>
<selected>Skin.HasSetting(hide_thumbs)</selected>
</control>

It's only in English so if you want another language replace the text inside <label>

In Variables.xml add this after line 63

Quote: <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DbType,episode) + Skin.HasSetting(hide_thumbs) + !Integer.IsGreater(ListItem.Playcount,0) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(tvshow.landscape))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(tvshow.landscape)]</value>
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DbType,episode) + Skin.HasSetting(hide_thumbs) + !Integer.IsGreater(ListItem.Playcount,0) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(tvshow.landscape)) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Art(fanart))">$INFO[ListItem.Art(fanart)]</value>

And if you want to hide the thumbs in wide list too, open View_50_List.xml and on line 188 replace $INFO[ListItem.Icon] with $VAR[InfoWallThumbVar]

If you don't want it as a skin option, leave SkinSettings.xml alone and delete " + Skin.HasSetting(hide_thumbs)" in Variables.xml
Quote:
THIS IS FOR HIDING RECENTLY ADDED menu  inside TV SHOWS tab
I found the solution.
This is working on version 17.6(latest as of now) For Windows:
go to : program files x86
Kodi folder
addons
skin.estuary
playlists
So above address looks like this : (C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.estuary\playlists)

Here you wil see bunch of files with .xsp extension..
Search for this file :  
recent_unwatched_episodes.xsp
Move this file to somewhere else or delete it (at your own risk) better move it to c drive (outside program files) 
Now restart KODI, DONE!
your recent added things under tv shows will go away.. Hope this worked for you. If it does send me a smiley. LOL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I want to hide "Recently added" view in home page1