v18 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)
(2018-10-19, 21:29)menno Wrote:
(2018-10-19, 10:20)menno Wrote:
(2018-10-07, 22:36)fritsch Wrote: Do you have custom configured OVERSCAN values? E.g. in kodi's gui calibration? Can you reset them please?    
 Hi Fritsch,
Woud this be considered custom settings?
Code:
    <resolutions>
        <resolution>
            <description>1920x1080@ 60.00 - Full Screen</description>
            <subtitles>1015</subtitles>
            <pixelratio>1.000000</pixelratio>
            <refreshrate>60.000000</refreshrate>
            <output>HDMI1</output>
            <xrandrid>0x48</xrandrid>
            <overscan>
                <left>21</left>
                <top>13</top>
                <right>1826</right>
                <bottom>1054</bottom>
            </overscan>
        </resolution>
        <resolution>
            <description>HDMI1: 1920x1080 @ 60.00Hz</description>
            <subtitles>1042</subtitles>
            <pixelratio>1.000000</pixelratio>
            <refreshrate>60.000000</refreshrate>
            <output>HDMI1</output>
            <xrandrid>0x48</xrandrid>
            <overscan>
                <left>0</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <right>1920</right>
                <bottom>1080</bottom>
            </overscan>
        </resolution>

I do remember back in the days you had some special settings for this chipset and hw scaling and something i believe with 20% etc, I cannot find that in the current version though anymore. This is a snippit from guisettings.xml   
Ok ill drop it tomorrow.
  Latest nightly didnt fix the problem. I am back to "d" for now and drop the guisettings.xml stuff tomorrow for further test  
Running latest nightly 22 oct, I still have the borders on bottom and right side of the screen. Removing Overscan values in guisettings didnt help. The custom version "d"  released earlier works like a charm.
   It seems the overscan values mentioned before are some sort of hard setting cause they return in guisettings.xml after reboot.... so that might be a factor why removing them doesnt do anything. On the other hand with those seemingly standerd values and release "d"  it works like a charm.

// to comment a little more. I dont think this has to do with overscan values. Ill explain why,
     On video calibration mode, the so called artificats remain within the corners of video calibration. So the pixels on the bottom and right side of the screen which remain old are arent refreshed do still fall within the video calibration overscan values. 
   If the pixels would be outside the whole tweaking area I would assume it could be an overscan problem.

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0) - by menno - 2018-10-23, 14:43
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)24