new skin image resource addon
My question is , is there a limit to the number of image add-on plugin I can make for the skin I am working on.

I want my skin to be modular., That way a device with limited storage or low power can run the core without having all the added extras.

I am making it so you can download the extra separate. But the can I submit serevel 5 or 10 MB image packs maybe larger I shouldn't be any smaller..

That's for any advice look forward to hearing form you.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
well the question is are those resource addons useful to other skins as well?
as that's the main purpose of resource addons. if so, no problem.

if not, then we might accept 1 addon specifically for your skin,
but i'm afraid we don't want to go into a direction were a certain skin is split into multiple addons in our repo.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks that's what I wanted to know..... I can do one big resource add-on.... using big loosely as I have no need for it yet just want to plan ahead. I am guessing 100mb would be max correct?
yup, that's more or less the limit we try to maintain for skin sizes.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Alright thanks
I know this might not be your first choice, but you could do your own repo. Then you could either just host your skin and resource addons there. You could also provide a bare bones skin for the Kodi repo and then tell folks they have to install your repo to get the additional stuff.

There are lots of really good reasons to use the main Kodi repo, but it might be worth a look to roll your own.
How hard would it be to get my repo added to the official repo?

That is if I host my own repo.
impossibly hard. the whole point of the official repo is to have one audited source. if it starts linking elsewhere, that falls flat on its ass.
Hahaha I figured that I know it anit many repos in the official one.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new skin image resource addon0