v18 [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia
(2019-02-03, 01:28)Quanchi992003 Wrote: This is by far the best skin mod I have ever used. It is simply amazing - - incredible work. I love the my theme function for custom user created themes. Since I use a 4K screen, 1080p images/wallpapers appear slightly blurry. Is there any way to use native 4K images/wallpapers for themes?
Do you have your own 4k backgrounds to use?  By default Kodi thumbnails max out at 1080, so first, you need to edit (or create if you don't have one) an advancedsettings.xml file (see wiki on how to create).  Add the following:
Code:
<imageres>9999</imageres>
that tells Kodi not to resize images when cached (you could also do the same for fanartres if your want, but not needed for skin theme).

In MQ5 go to skin settings / themes and there is a radiobutton option "MY THEME"  click on that and thee is a pop-up that explains how to create your own theme.   Basic idea is create a folder and in it create specific subfolders (as listed in the help).  Place your desired background images in the appropriate subfolders (You should have at least one ineach, but it can be more than one).  Once that's done, just click the path button in the theme settings for MY THEME and navigate to the parent folder you created.

I don't have a 4k monitor to test, but the thumbnail cache does show the backgrounds are cached at 3480x2160 so I assume it is rendered correctly.  I haven't seen how the skin itself looks at 4K.  I do have my HTPC connected to a 4k TV, but it's going through an older AVR that only does SDR 1080p.  I probably should cable it direct to the TV and take a look.  I did put an NVidia GTX1050 in it so I can hardware decode x265 HEVC and handle 4K, though as you probably know Kodi on windows can't do HDR to a display.

scott s.

Messages In This Thread
[MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia - by scott967 - 2017-01-19, 00:51
RE: [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia - by ETAP - 2018-07-08, 02:46
RE: [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia - by scott967 - 2019-02-06, 07:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia4