v18 [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia
(2019-03-12, 01:46)Nordo Wrote: Using latest Aeon MQ5 18 Leia with Windows 10.
I have a couple of small problems if someone can help :-

1. In the Main Menu, I changed "Pictures" to "Photos" (more meaningful to me  Wink ). I was trying to add some artwork, but gave up in the end. I thought the problem may have been with the renaming, so I changed the name back to "Pictures".
Now for some reason I can't see "Pictures" in the Main Menu. In the Pictures context menu, the option to "Show" is grayed out.

2. In the Main Menu I have used an empty slot to create "Home Movies". Using Media Companion (latest version), I have scrapped all my home movies and have started to add artwork.
My problem is that the home movies are appearing in my Movies file list. Is there any way I can separate them?
 1.  At any time, you should be able to change a main menu item (regardless of what the label says) in the custom home menu window by selecting the menu item on the left,  then move to the center area and click "replace this item with ..." and finally in the right side list select "images".  That should result in the proper action being saved for the menu item - in this case ActivateWindow(pictures).   Then you should be able to change the name again (note for anyone following, the default label for the menu will be set using your current language setting, if you change language later the menu label won't automatically change).

2.  I guess there are a couple of ways to keep home movies apart from other movies, but I think probably the best is to create video playlists for each (filtered by path or source for example, depending on how you set up your home movies) and assign a separate home menu item for each of these playlists.  Maybe an alternative is to use the library node editor addon or hand-edit your video library nodes to exclude by filter your home movies from the main movie library node.  I'm pretty sure that will carry down through the subnodes like genre, studio, etc.  I think there might be something in the Kodi wiki on this as it's a question that pops up a lot.

As an aside, the logic in MQ5 for setting home main and submenus is hideously complex (I haven't looked into MQ8 at all but I think Marcos has ripped all that code out).  I would love to re-do the whole customization but I've been afraid to dig into it.

scott s.

Messages In This Thread
[MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia - by scott967 - 2017-01-19, 00:51
RE: [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia - by ETAP - 2018-07-08, 02:46
RE: [MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia - by scott967 - 2019-03-14, 23:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon MQ5 for Kodi 18 Leia4