Flirc remote suggestions
I have tried all my remotes and they all behave erratically. I read on Flirc site it may be because they use non-standard frequency.
Thus the question. Can someone recommend a good remote to pair with Flirc? Link to eBay (USA) would be absolutely great. Smile
I use the remote from this old Sanyo TV. Works just fine. Pretty much, just any remote should work.
(2017-02-22, 18:58)ReplayHarry Wrote: I use the remote from this old Sanyo TV. Works just fine. Pretty much, just any remote should work.

Not sure I understand your reply. You want to send me your Sanyo remote or what?
You might take a look at some of the Harmony remotes.

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/harmony-remotes

The 350 is the cheapest and should still give you all the buttons you need. And Harmony has a FLIRC Kodi configuration that works mostly fine out of the box. The thing I really like about the Harmony is that it's programable. I have a couple oddball things I want to do, so I used a Sony DVD code on my remote, programmed that on the FLIRC to a function key, and was able to get things working the way I wanted.
Thanks! This is more like it. Just purchased a Harmony 350 from eBay. Smile
Oh no! While waiting for my new Harmony 350 to arrive I started reading the manual for it. Do I understand correctly I need MS Windows and Logitech account to set it up? If true, then this device is useless for me.

Any other suggestions?
(2017-02-23, 12:23)Segfault Wrote: Oh no! While waiting for my new Harmony 350 to arrive I started reading the manual for it. Do I understand correctly I need MS Windows and Logitech account to set it up? If true, then this device is useless for me.

Any other suggestions?
The logitech bit is just literally giving them an email - doesn't need to be real - and password, so you can access your settings from any windows machine that runs the software. But yes, windows only AFAIK.
So I still need a suggestion for remote. $24 thrown away. Sad

Edit: There is hope! http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/prec...ity.1.html
According to This, software for OSX is also available. If you are using Linux, perhaps the following link will help: https://forum.manjaro.org/t/configuring-...linux/8139

Once configured, the combination of Flirc with a Harmony Remote should work fine. Actually, Flirc should work with most (TV) remotes so any remote from an abandoned TV or other device should work. MCE remotes are a different beast though
--edit: didn't notice that this thread was already updated.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
Thanks for replies. Smile I had a macOS computer but it was submerged when my home was flooded during "Louisiana historic flood". Have no plans currently to replace it. Windows is out of question. I was an IT manager and sysadmin for 7+ years, I quit in 2003 because I could not stand MS any more. I promised myself I will never install Windows again. A promise I have kept.
(2017-02-22, 19:38)pkscout Wrote: You might take a look at some of the Harmony remotes.

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/harmony-remotes

The 350 is the cheapest and should still give you all the buttons you need. And Harmony has a FLIRC Kodi configuration that works mostly fine out of the box. The thing I really like about the Harmony is that it's programable. I have a couple oddball things I want to do, so I used a Sony DVD code on my remote, programmed that on the FLIRC to a function key, and was able to get things working the way I wanted.

I have been really hooked on my mce remote but you made me order one of those. So thanks for giving me the reasons ;-)
OK, my Harmony 350 arrived. Now I can't figure out how to obtain the configuration file to load. I went to Logitech site, all I see is software download, no conf files available. Anyone has the conf file for Harmony to use with Kodi (Flirc)?
You have to download the software and plug the remote in to your computer. You can then use the software to download the configs for the devices you have and then upload them to the remote.
What software?
I have not received the remote yet, hqve you even looked at the Harnomy site and searched for support for your model? Really should be straightforward...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flirc remote suggestions0