Noob question - moving from Plex
Hi All,

I have been a plex plus subscriber for awhile and thinking to move to Kodi. However, I am not sure how it works and what I need to do, My current setup is a old laptop which runs the media server. I have a NAS in a rack that is my storage of all media. I use Xbox One to run the Plex player which streams the movies to my TV.

Can I put Kodi on the NAS as the media server or do I need to continue using the laptop? What streaming device would you recommend - I guess Xbox won't work, right? Should I buy a Ruko for 4k streaming?

thanks,
No, Kodi does not work on a Roku and no you don't run Kodi on a NAS.

You should also read the Start Here thread http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252916 and well as look through First time user (wiki) in the Wiki.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
You could run Kodi (libreelec) on something like an odroid C2 as the frontend for your 4k TV. It can connect directly to the NAS via SMB sharing, or through a Plex add-on I think. I don't know much about Plex.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
A generic Amlogic S905X box can be made to run Kodi pretty well. I like my Beelink Mini MX III II. It's one of the cheapest ways of getting into Kodi. One thing you could try once you've got Kodi installed is the Plex on Kodi add-on. If I understand it correctly, it will allow Kodi to connect to your Plex media server, so your front end becomes Kodi and your back end stays the same.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob question - moving from Plex0