Permanent RSS Feed?
Hi - does anyone know how to modify the CustomRSS.xml file so that the rss feed is permanently shown? I would like to see my rss feed on my homescreen, as well as when any videos are playing via various addons... Is that doable? Thank you!
Hello rhoop206,

Is this of any help to you?

http://kodi.wiki/view/RssFeeds.xml

Have you enabled RSS Feeds in the menu? Settings>Interface Settings>Other. Then Enable "Show RSS News Feeds"
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for the quick reply! This isn't quite getting me the answer(s) I'm looking for. I have RSS feeds enabled, and the feed is working when I'm navigating other areas within the skin that I'm using (which is Arctic Zephyr), but the rss ticket doesn't run on the homescreen, which i'm hoping to solve for. Also, ideally, I'd like to have it continue to run/be visible even if I start watching a TV show or movie.... Thoughts?
Just change the visible condition in the window header so that it is only not (!) visible for the screensaver.
e.g.
Code:
<visible>!Window.IsVisible(screensaver)</visible>
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
That worked great - thank youSmile!
Hi Jurialmunkey - sorry one last question on this. How can I also modify the customrss.xml to give the feed a black background (so I can still easily read it even when watching videos)? Thank you again for your help.
Just after <controls> but before <control type="rss"> put the following:

Code:
<control type="image">
    <height>32</height>
    <left>0</left>
    <right>0</right>
    <bottom>0</bottom>
    <texture colordiffuse="Light1">common/white.png</texture>
</control>
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
This is awesome. Thank you so much Jurialmunkey! Super helpful.
I am having the same issue using the dark theme and not getting the RSS Feed to show at all with any of the themes(dark or default)
Made the change listed adn does not show at all on any screenHuh

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- Foundation -->
<window type="dialog" id="1199">
    <zorder>1</zorder>
    <visible>!Window.IsVisible(screensaver)</visible>
    <controls>
        <control type="rss">
            <left>0</left>
            <bottom>0</bottom>
            <height>32</height>
            <right>0</right>
            <font>Normal</font>
            <textcolor>Light1</textcolor>
            <headlinecolor>Light1</headlinecolor>
            <titlecolor>Light1</titlecolor>
        </control>
    </controls>
</window>
Dear,

I'm still new in kodi and trying to explore it.
Could you please advise which filename & location I should update to make RSS feed display in TV fullscreen mode?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Permanent RSS Feed?0