• 14(current)
v17 Grid for Krypton
Jeroen, i have a request for the TV Guide.
Would it be hard to make an user optional timeline. Please look at the screenshots. In one there is a screenshot of Grid. The timeline spans from 13.00 - 17.00 resulting in a barely readable Guide.
The other screenshot taken from my Titan skin for Mediaportal 1 you see i designed the timeline from 13.30 - 15.30. The result is a more easy on the eye TV Guide. IMHO of course ;-)
Also the second line below the the programme titles adds to the clutter.
The color of the Guide seems to be from ReFocus. It doesn't fit well with the overall color of Grid.

Keep up the good work.
(2017-08-22, 13:55)ocarror Wrote: Hi Jeroen, not sure if you missed my earlier post (apologies if you are working on it) but I don't have an option for poster view in widgets (tv or movies). I saw a screenshot in an earlier post and it looked great.
Awesome skin btw. Thanks for all the hard work.

I remember reading it, but I guess it got lost somewhere in between reading and answering Smile Depending on the content of the widget a number of options should be made available. In the case of movies or tvshows posters should obviously be one of them. I cannot check right now, but I'm sure one of my widgets is using posters. The only thing I can think of right now is that whatever content you are setting the widget to is not reporting it's content to be movies or tv shows (for example non library items, maybe add-ons or custom nodes possibly?)

I'll check tonight if I can spot any issues.
(2017-08-22, 14:10)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 13:55)ocarror Wrote: Hi Jeroen, not sure if you missed my earlier post (apologies if you are working on it) but I don't have an option for poster view in widgets (tv or movies). I saw a screenshot in an earlier post and it looked great.
Awesome skin btw. Thanks for all the hard work.

I remember reading it, but I guess it got lost somewhere in between reading and answering Smile Depending on the content of the widget a number of options should be made available. In the case of movies or tvshows posters should obviously be one of them. I cannot check right now, but I'm sure one of my widgets is using posters. The only thing I can think of right now is that whatever content you are setting the widget to is not reporting it's content to be movies or tv shows (for example non library items, maybe add-ons or custom nodes possibly?)

I'll check tonight if I can spot any issues.

No problem. Could it be that it is because I'm using plexkodiconnect from @Croneter? Strange though as I have poster view in other skins. Anyhow if you or anyone else can check and confirm that it's ok for you then I can continue investigations my side.
(2017-08-22, 13:40)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 12:01)chrispe Wrote: The movie plot in greek appears like this, could it be fixed?
I can't see your image, it's probably not shared publicly?

sorry, now it should be ok

Hello Jeroen,

is it possible that the context menu in the information screen for a movie is customizable? It's too cluttered for me. I don't need the gallery, similar movies and the more stuff (director, writer, studio).

The other thing:

Is there an option to display the movie title of the random fanart background on the homescreen?

Grid is ,in my opinion, the best skin to date for kodi. So thank you for your time and your great creation.
(2017-08-22, 13:57)joostzilla Wrote: Jeroen, i have a request for the TV Guide.
Would it be hard to make an user optional timeline. Please look at the screenshots. In one there is a screenshot of Grid. The timeline spans from 13.00 - 17.00 resulting in a barely readable Guide.
The other screenshot taken from my Titan skin for Mediaportal 1 you see i designed the timeline from 13.30 - 15.30. The result is a more easy on the eye TV Guide. IMHO of course ;-)
I believe I can increase the timeblocks, I'll put it on my list to look into it Smile

Quote:The color of the Guide seems to be from ReFocus. It doesn't fit well with the overall color of Grid.
I agree, haven't even thought about the non-genre colour actually

(2017-08-22, 14:17)ocarror Wrote: No problem. Could it be that it is because I'm using plexkodiconnect from @Croneter? Strange though as I have poster view in other skins. Anyhow if you or anyone else can check and confirm that it's ok for you then I can continue investigations my side.
Not sure as I'm not familiar with that add-on. Something working in one skin is no guarantuee as there's not always one method that is the same or all.
I have a basic Plex account, will it work with plexkodiconnect or do you need a plex pass for that? If not, I'll install it and check.
(2017-08-22, 14:57)kingogondo Wrote: is it possible that the context menu in the information screen for a movie is customizable? It's too cluttered for me. I don't need the gallery, similar movies and the more stuff (director, writer, studio).
If you don't need similar movies and such, then uninstall the extendedinfo add-on. Grid only shows these options if you have it installed. Director is default Kodi functionality.

Quote:Is there an option to display the movie title of the random fanart background on the homescreen?
there's no option for that, sorry.

Quote:Grid is ,in my opinion, the best skin to date for kodi. So thank you for your time and your great creation.
Thanks, glad you like it Smile
(2017-08-22, 14:19)chrispe Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 13:40)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 12:01)chrispe Wrote: The movie plot in greek appears like this, could it be fixed?
I can't see your image, it's probably not shared publicly?

sorry, now it should be ok

Well, that's a bummer. The font seems to be missing Greek characters. Nothing much I can do about it I'm afraid, (good) open source fonts with full unicode support are about as rare as unicorns. You could select the Arial fontset, but it will look pretty bad.
I am planning to add Roboto as an alternate fontset, which I believe has Greek support.
(2017-08-22, 15:03)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 14:17)ocarror Wrote: No problem. Could it be that it is because I'm using plexkodiconnect from @Croneter? Strange though as I have poster view in other skins. Anyhow if you or anyone else can check and confirm that it's ok for you then I can continue investigations my side.
Not sure as I'm not familiar with that add-on. Something working in one skin is no guarantuee as there's not always one method that is the same or all.
I have a basic Plex account, will it work with plexkodiconnect or do you need a plex pass for that? If not, I'll install it and check.

More info on plexkodiconnect can be found here. It takes over the Kodi DB so be sure to read this. It works with just a normal Plex account. Thanks again.
I've tested this on multiple Mac's and I get the same result. I completely deleted Kodi and did a fresh install of version 17.3 and I'm running Grid 1.07.

For some reason, Fanart will not show up on my homescreen only the logos show up though. In the "Movies" category, fanart does show up in the background.

(2017-08-21, 16:40)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-21, 01:24)Designer Wrote: On the Homescreen, when the image initially loads and is zoomed in, the right side bleeds over to the left side of the screen and covers the menu.
Did a quick check last night, but couldn't reproduce it. It was lat though, so noted to investigate Smile

Just letting you know, I was able to reproduce this on my LibreElec setup as well.
(2017-08-22, 15:46)Designer Wrote: I've tested this on multiple Mac's and I get the same result. I completely deleted Kodi and did a fresh install of version 17.3 and I'm running Grid 1.07.

Is script.grab.fanart installed?

I use PKC as well and I am 99% sure I was able to set the movie widget to poster view when I gave Grid a go this past weekend. I will double check when I get home.
(2017-08-22, 16:06)foghat Wrote:

I use PKC as well and I am 99% sure I was able to set the movie widget to poster view when I gave Grid a go this past weekend. I will double check when I get home.

Cheers @foghat. Appreciate it.
(2017-08-22, 16:05)Jeroen Wrote:
(2017-08-22, 15:46)Designer Wrote: I've tested this on multiple Mac's and I get the same result. I completely deleted Kodi and did a fresh install of version 17.3 and I'm running Grid 1.07.

Is script.grab.fanart installed?

Yeah, I have all the add-ons installed...

(2017-08-22, 11:35)lstar337 Wrote:
(2017-08-21, 20:37)Kolabor Wrote:
(2017-08-21, 18:17)gonzolak Wrote: Skin is amazing. Performance wise is a little bit laggy. Doesnt matter i3 oraz i7 with 8gigs od ram. (Windows,Linux).
Yea. Think of a Grid on RPi 3 board. RPi sweats like a pedophile in Disneyland Big Grin
Refocus was soo smooth on RPi actually. Too bad Grid is so CPU intensive, but it looks like a $100.000.000. <3
I'm not seeing any real speed issues on RPi 3. Confused

Using Grid? It's sluggish and choppy when scrolling throug HD fanart backgrounds. Mine RPi 3 is at stock clock speeds so no overclocking.
Polish language translator/maintainer for Grid skin.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Grid for Krypton10