v17 How to "Lock" Kodi Resolution
I have purchased a new UHD tv. I've read various issues on the forum about display refresh rates etc.

My problem is slightly different to others. I want the tv to do the upscaling to reduce the htpc load and I think the quality is better.

I have a new hdmi 2 cable.

I have tried several of kodis resolution settings with auto refresh rate both on and off. I find the best picture quality (by some margin) comes when I have kodi set to 1080p and refresh rate to off.
This is for both sd and hd content. Live tv and files.

BUT the issue I have is when I change the resolution Kodi keeps changing it back to 3840. Is there a setting in the config files I can change to lock in 1080?
What do you have Kodi installed on?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Kodi 17.4 on a w10 htpc.

AMD A10 chipset.
Adjust your desktop resolution to the resolution you want
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I've given that a try but somehow kodi seems to change the desktop resolution.
I think the issue is the motherboard hdmi will only allow 4K at 24hz. Which is why 1080 at 60hz with the tv doing the upscaling is far clearer.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to "Lock" Kodi Resolution0