• 8(current)
Kodi Forum : Report forum issues here
The signature should be able to hold more than the current 300 characters. Putting in a number of URLs/links will get you to that maximum very quickly.
(2017-10-09, 10:38)Klojum Wrote: The signature should be able to hold more than the current 300 characters. Putting in a number of URLs/links will get you to that maximum very quickly.

we changed it to 300 characters a few years ago, as the average signature size back then was often three or more times the size of the actual reply.
it was pretty annoying to have one liner replies with a 8 line signature underneath it.

we're aware that characters are counted including formatting, so it's indeed a problem with urls.
if you want to extend your signature beyond the limit, let me know and i'll help you out.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I'll take you up on that offer @ronie. There are a couple more wiki pages I want to add to my signature, but last time I tried, i had reached my max.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-10-06, 21:36)Prof Yaffle Wrote: "QUOTE" is misspelled when you quote a post...

fixed
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Subscribed threads do not go bold if they are unread and have new posts.
(2017-10-09, 11:05)Karellen Wrote: I'll take you up on that offer @ronie. There are a couple more wiki pages I want to add to my signature, but last time I tried, i had reached my max.

You may be able to significantly shorten your sig anyway by using the wiki shortcuts.

For example if you replace

Code:
[url=http://kodi.wiki/view/Forum%20rules]Forum Rules[/url]

with
Code:
[[Forum rules]]

you can save a lot of characters. Hence why my signature can feature as many wiki links as it does - only the final one is an actual URL link.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-10-09, 09:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: Threads and Posts labels are wrong way around - posts should be the higher value.

fixed
Cosmetic #4 (Move "Delete this post" icon to far right end of icon group) is resolved (a few days ago).

Resolved #9 "Hyperlink arrows are distracting" but I'm not sure how it's resolved, as the arrows are still distracting - they're now just a slightly different colour! I'd like them removed entirely, or at least the option to hide them.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-10-09, 10:38)Klojum Wrote: The signature should be able to hold more than the current 300 characters. Putting in a number of URLs/links will get you to that maximum very quickly.

I ran into this problem a while ago and used bit.ly to shorten URLs
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Currently the RSS feed supplies the newest topics, whereas I would prefer (like the LibreELEC feed) a 2nd Kodi RSS feed to list the latest posts of all topics. This may be a fast moving list given the number of visitors, but it is a useful feed IMO as well.
(2017-10-09, 12:10)DarrenHill Wrote: You may be able to significantly shorten your sig anyway by using the wiki shortcuts.

For example if you replace

Code:
[url=http://kodi.wiki/view/Forum%20rules]Forum Rules[/url]

with
Code:
[[Forum rules]]

you can save a lot of characters. Hence why my signature can feature as many wiki links as it does - only the final one is an actual URL link.

That is already very helpful. I didn't know the wiki links reached that far Big Grin
(2017-10-07, 16:08)natethomas Wrote: The new mobile forum is better, but I think the extras take up too much space. It’d be nice if all the info about the post author took up one or two lines, rather than approximately 15 lines. It makes for the strange situation where each post is typically quite a bit shorter than the info about the post author.

Possible solution to this https://community.mybb.com/thread-191969...pid1237311
No Navbar in Mobile view

Desktop view for comparison with Navbar highlighted in red