Channel# 0 for NBCSNHD?
I've noticed that several channels like NBCSNHD are listed by Kodi as being channel# 0.  When I tried to create a time for a show on NBCSNHD, Kodi choked.  NextPVR lists the correct channel number.  What's going on?
Will Pittenger
Do you maybe have multiple channels with the same number? In NextPVR you can do this, but maybe Kodi isn't allowing it.
(2017-11-19, 03:22)sub3 Wrote: Do you maybe have multiple channels with the same number? In NextPVR you can do this, but maybe Kodi isn't allowing it.
Not that I can tell. The only channel at #947 is NBCSNHD.
Will Pittenger
From memory there is a PVR setting in Kodi to use the backend channel numbers. Make sure that is enabled.
(2017-11-19, 07:03)sub3 Wrote: From memory there is a PVR setting in Kodi to use the backend channel numbers. Make sure that is enableI d.
It was already on.  I tried turning it off, but it had no effect.  NBCSNHD is still Channel 0.
Will Pittenger
(2017-11-19, 08:11)WillPittenger Wrote:
(2017-11-19, 07:03)sub3 Wrote: From memory there is a PVR setting in Kodi to use the backend channel numbers. Make sure that is enableI d.
It was already on.  I tried turning it off, but it had no effect.  NBCSNHD is still Channel 0. 
If you change the channel number setting (or any of the channel numbers), I've found it useful to clear all the PVR data and let Kodi request it again.  Go to Settings -> PVR & Live TV Settings -> General.  Near the bottom is an option for CLEAR DATA.  That will delete all the guide and channel data and then reload it.  See if that helps.
(2017-11-19, 20:14)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-11-19, 08:11)WillPittenger Wrote:
If you change the channel number setting (or any of the channel numbers), I've found it useful to clear all the PVR data and let Kodi request it again.  Go to Settings -> PVR & Live TV Settings -> General.  Near the bottom is an option for CLEAR DATA.  That will delete all the guide and channel data and then reload it.  See if that helps.

I clicked Clear Data for both the channel data and the guide data. It didn't seem to do anything. But I went ahead and restarted Kodi. No changed noted. NBCSNHD is still channel 0.
Will Pittenger
(2017-11-20, 08:36)WillPittenger Wrote:
(2017-11-19, 20:14)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-11-19, 08:11)WillPittenger Wrote: It was already on.  I tried turning it off, but it had no effect.  NBCSNHD is still Channel 0. 

I clicked Clear Data for both the channel data and the guide data. It didn't seem to do anything. But I went ahead and restarted Kodi. No changed noted. NBCSNHD is still channel 0.I 
It would appear I wrote that too soon.  I just needed to wait.
Will Pittenger
I'm still seeting this issue, but now on a different channel.  The previously used trick is having no effect.  After further testing, I found that the problem only happens when I search for shows and click Add Timer.  If I locate a show with the Guide, I see the correct channel number.
Will Pittenger

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel# 0 for NBCSNHD?0