• 63(current)
Release Aura
great skin.  Couple of questions: 

1) is it possible to edit the list of movies (particularly the info list view), so that the progress icon, year, SD/HD, and IMDB score are not shown, i.e. just the movie title?  Seems like there's a lot of clutter that's already displayed elsewhere.  Here's a picture of what the areas I'm describing:

Perhaps not all deleted, but maybe options for on/off since that info is redundant.  The XML stuff is way beyond me, but I'm sure it's in there somewhere.  Or would this cause everything to be aligned improperly?  I guess in my head, the title would just be on the left where the watched indicators begin, but I suppose that's probably all hardcoded or something.  I like to have the option to enable/disable portions of the views to customize the appearance, since I do like the fanart a lot behind.  Things like plot would also be something I don't need, especially with the huge extendedinfo resource a click away.

The other question has to do with a weird glitch when using animated artwork.  When that is activated, it causes many posters to randomly show up blank.  There seems to be no pattern to it, as sometimes they all show, sometimes none show, sometimes a few show, and the only commonality is that only non-animated posters have this glitch.  All the artwork is downloaded and everything works fine if not using animated artwork option.  The same thing happens in Horizon as well.  I'm fairly confused.  Also included a pic for this too:

It's not specific to any movies.  They'll appear/disappear at random.  It's just any non-animated poster, and it happens in any view where they're all listed at the same time like that.  Thanks for any insight.  This is pretty much the perfect skin. Fantastic stuff.
@jurialmunkey 

Maybe this has been asked before but is it possible to have a 100% square widget. (for albums without artist as text) And is it possible to make the poster widget images from the Youtube addon fill the complete poster?
I think my Video_TS (DVD) Extras issues lies in the DialogVideoInfo.xml i can see a path to play - "<param name="onclick2" value="PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath],isdir,1)" />"

Do I need to go up a level ? add this "isdir" property ??

<!-- Extras -->
                    <include content="Object_VideoInfo_CastList">
                        <param name="onup" value="9504" />
                        <param name="id" value="9505" />
                        <param name="ondown" value="9506" />
                        <param name="label" value="$LOCALIZE[31169]"/>
                        <param name="focuslabel" value="$INFO[Container(9505).ListItem.Duration, - , $LOCALIZE[31020]]" />
                        <param name="content" value="$VAR[Defs_VideoInfo_Extras]" />
                        <param name="infolabel" value="false" />
                        <param name="itemwidth" value="606.66" />
                        <param name="fallbackimage" value="common/playring.png" />
                        <param name="include_onclick" value="true" />
                        <param name="onclick" value="SetProperty(TrailerPlaying,9505,Home)" />
                        <param name="onclick2" value="PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath],isdir,1)" />
                        <param name="onclick3" value="SetFocus(9002)" />
                        <param name="visible" value="!Skin.HasSetting(VideoInfo.SpecialFeatures)" />
                    </include>
@jurialmunkey 

You have made a great skin. I love it!

I have a question. Where can I change the weather icons?
(2018-06-20, 21:46)wintux Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

You have made a great skin. I love it!

I have a question. Where can I change the weather icons?
 i have found it. Smile
(2018-06-20, 17:20)PeterClews Wrote: I think my Video_TS (DVD) Extras issues lies in the DialogVideoInfo.xml i can see a path to play - "<param name="onclick2" value="PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath],isdir,1)" />"

If you install the Special Features add-on and scan your library with it, then the skin will use Special Features add-on for Extras widget in info instead. Special Features supports DVD and Blu-Ray rips afaik and so it should work without needing any skin modifications.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Special_Features
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2018-06-20, 13:33)joostzilla Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Maybe this has been asked before but is it possible to have a 100% square widget. (for albums without artist as text) And is it possible to make the poster widget images from the Youtube addon fill the complete poster?

Yeah, the problem with a square widget is that it will have a different height to the other widgets, which messes with alignment. I do have something along these lines planned, but it will take a bit of work to get the alignments working correctly and I simply haven't had the time recently. It will make it in eventually, I'm just not sure when.

Nothing I can do about the youtube images. The black bars are added by youtube to the thumbs (not by the skin) - so no way that I can crop the bars in the skin.
(2018-06-19, 16:59)mooses Wrote: great skin.  Couple of questions: 

1) is it possible to edit the list of movies (particularly the info list view), so that the progress icon, year, SD/HD, and IMDB score are not shown, i.e. just the movie title?  Seems like there's a lot of clutter that's already displayed elsewhere.  Here's a picture of what the areas I'm describing:

Perhaps not all deleted, but maybe options for on/off since that info is redundant.  The XML stuff is way beyond me, but I'm sure it's in there somewhere.  Or would this cause everything to be aligned improperly?  I guess in my head, the title would just be on the left where the watched indicators begin, but I suppose that's probably all hardcoded or something.  I like to have the option to enable/disable portions of the views to customize the appearance, since I do like the fanart a lot behind.  Things like plot would also be something I don't need, especially with the huge extendedinfo resource a click away.

The other question has to do with a weird glitch when using animated artwork.  When that is activated, it causes many posters to randomly show up blank.  There seems to be no pattern to it, as sometimes they all show, sometimes none show, sometimes a few show, and the only commonality is that only non-animated posters have this glitch.  All the artwork is downloaded and everything works fine if not using animated artwork option.  The same thing happens in Horizon as well.  I'm fairly confused.  Also included a pic for this too:

It's not specific to any movies.  They'll appear/disappear at random.  It's just any non-animated poster, and it happens in any view where they're all listed at the same time like that.  Thanks for any insight.  This is pretty much the perfect skin. Fantastic stuff.

1. Why are you using the info list view if you don't want the plot? Why not just use the standard poster list? I will eventually add some options to disable parts of the information in the list - it is just a bit of a pain because I need conditions to move the controls to a different position for every possible combination.

2. I've not experienced the issue with animated artwork, but I don't use it on my htpc in the loungeroom so that's probably why. I will look into it and see if I can see any reason why it might not work.
(2018-06-21, 06:35)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-06-20, 13:33)joostzilla Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Yeah, the problem with a square widget is that it will have a different height to the other widgets, which messes with alignment. I do have something along these lines planned, but it will take a bit of work to get the alignments working correctly and I simply haven't had the time recently. It will make it in eventually, I'm just not sure when.

Nothing I can do about the youtube images. The black bars are added by youtube to the thumbs (not by the skin) - so no way that I can crop the bars in the skin.   
Crystal clear. Thanks for putting so much effort in Aura. Take your time. Aura is kick-ass even without it :-)

Btw. I am experimenting with the fonts. Using Light instead of Regular for instance. For me it's a trial and error process though since i have little knowledge of which lines in the font.xml represent certain parts of the skin :-)
Eventually i will get there.

Extra question: The focus 'bounce' animation looks a bit too fast to me. Would it be possible to have the focus only zoom in and not out again. Or maybe somewhat slower.
I have an example from Plex here:
Video: Focus Bounce example
As of late (a few weeks), I am experiencing issues with Colorbox Advanced Settings. "Image Quality" and "Blur Radius" features seems have ceased working. No matter what radius or image quality I input, it has no effect. Same for all other Blur effect types.

(2018-06-21, 06:40)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2018-06-19, 16:59)mooses Wrote: great skin.  Couple of questions: 

1. Why are you using the info list view if you don't want the plot? Why not just use the standard poster list? I will eventually add some options to disable parts of the information in the list - it is just a bit of a pain because I need conditions to move the controls to a different position for every possible combination.

2. I've not experienced the issue with animated artwork, but I don't use it on my htpc in the loungeroom so that's probably why. I will look into it and see if I can see any reason why it might not work.  
 Thanks for the reply:

1. Pretty much just a combination of aesthetics and because that particular view doesn't cause any issues with animated posters.  Any of the views with multiple posters (not landscapes or fanart) with animated art enabled causes that missing poster issue, so I picked the compromise that worked best and still looked good.  I don't mind having the plot, it's mostly the redundant file info I marked that's already found elsewhere on the same screen I'd want to get rid of.  I figured it was probably a huge pain for you to have to code in due to exactly what you said regarding all the different combinations.  I was just curious.  I'm pretty happy with that view.

2. Thanks.  It's a very strange issue.  I've also noticed that there are a few animated posters/artwork in the repository that don't play fully.  I know you mentioned you don't use it, but is there a size limit or something for animated stuff in Kodi?  Thanks for looking into it.  Part of me thinks that I might just end up going back to static posters since I am not sure there's a huge demand out there for animated, and I'm not talented enough to make my own!  

Again, great skin.  Really really like it.  Didn't think I could find one I liked better than Arctic: Zephyr, but there it is!
@juriamunkey I’m not sure if it’s a kodi or Aura issue. I have “auto visualisation after starting song” enabled. I have notice for about two weeks it doesn’t always work, I have to click on the current song playing twice for it to work.
Setup: LG OLED65B7 | Denon AVR X7200WA | OPPO UDP-203 4K Blu-Ray player | Nvidia Shield TV | KEF T205
My Favorite Skin: Arctic Horizon
VikkiXavier, how are you watching Blockers?
Thanks for all the work on this fantastic skin. Is there a way to change DialogVideoInfo so that it opens straight to into extended info ?
(2018-06-21, 15:17)mooses Wrote:  Thanks for the reply:

1. Pretty much just a combination of aesthetics and because that particular view doesn't cause any issues with animated posters.  Any of the views with multiple posters (not landscapes or fanart) with animated art enabled causes that missing poster issue, so I picked the compromise that worked best and still looked good.  I don't mind having the plot, it's mostly the redundant file info I marked that's already found elsewhere on the same screen I'd want to get rid of.  I figured it was probably a huge pain for you to have to code in due to exactly what you said regarding all the different combinations.  I was just curious.  I'm pretty happy with that view.

2. Thanks.  It's a very strange issue.  I've also noticed that there are a few animated posters/artwork in the repository that don't play fully.  I know you mentioned you don't use it, but is there a size limit or something for animated stuff in Kodi?  Thanks for looking into it.  Part of me thinks that I might just end up going back to static posters since I am not sure there's a huge demand out there for animated, and I'm not talented enough to make my own!  

Again, great skin.  Really really like it.  Didn't think I could find one I liked better than Arctic: Zephyr, but there it is!

1. No, I meant why not use the standard list view that is just a list of movies - similar to the info list view you are using, but without the plot info etc.? Nonetheless, I definitely agree with you about redundant info - the main reason that particular view has the double up is because I reuse the list code for all list view types to ensure consistency.

2. I'm not aware of any size limit for animated gifs, but it is a possibility - might be tied to hardware e.g. free ram, or might be hardcoded - really not sure.
BTW - Can you test latest git and see if you are still having the issue with missing posters in showcase view?
If this change doesn't work, then it probably means there is some problem with the actual artwork that you are using - Kodi doesn't like some types of gifs, so it might be trying to display the artwork, but it doesn't work so it shows the fallback image (circle with line through it).
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aura19