• 84(current)
Release Aura
(2019-01-15, 00:56)Abbaskip Wrote:
(2019-01-14, 23:14)ontap Wrote: So how are we supposed to open the menu in epg then  if we are using a remote rather than a keyboard which i would assume 99% of users do ? those remotes on devices like fire sticks only have half a dozen keys on them ?
 Exactly. If 'back' isn't a good solution to go to the side menu when 4 directional navigation on a screen is required, then I'm not sure what is. Kodi is made to be used as a Media Centre - meaning controlled by a remote.

As for custom commands in Yatse - I would have no idea how to 'write' a custom command that sends the letter M, and I'm not convinced it would work anyway (as typing M on the Yatse keyboard doesn't). Besides, I would then have to do it for every Yatse device, and my physical remote that came with my Kodi box still wouldn't have the function.
Maybe read the link I provided.

In the "create custom command" section it shows you how to add a "call built-in" command. The built in command to use is "menu" - or you might have to use "Action(Menu)" but you shouldn't need to.

Also I'm pretty sure you can share Yatse configs over your yatse account.

You can use the key map editor addon to change what your physical remote does.

Back is not a good solution because it makes what the back key does inconsistent (back from menu in epg will then take you home rather than back to content like it does everywhere else) - behaviour should be as consistent as possible
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Adding to jurials post on the Chanel group selection in PVR Guide. 

Keymap is definitely the cleanest option I have found,  I would recommend adding sendclick(28) to the keymap as it cuts out the step of opening the menu and goes directly into the channel groups dialog.

If you are using a remote that is limited on buttons (shield tv remote as an example) and have a basic ability to edit XML files, you could add the sendclick(28) into the Aura XML files as an <onup> action. This will mean when you scroll to the top / first row of the PVR grid, instead of the default behavior of circular navigation / looping to the bottom of the grid, up will open the Channel group selector.
Thumbs Up 
@skyfsza , Thanks for posting that , works perfectly cheers.
I can't figure out how to access the settings from the homemenu. It doesn't have it's own menu item and I can't find it in a hidden menu either. I had to go into add-ons and choose another skin to manage to exit the menu. I changed skin from the settings in Estuary and got to see the settings of this skin. I even restored the default menus, but it still doesn't show up. I'm on CoreElec on Leia RC4. Any help would be appreciated.
(2019-01-16, 09:03)crazygambit Wrote: I can't figure out how to access the settings from the homemenu. It doesn't have it's own menu item and I can't find it in a hidden menu either. I had to go into add-ons and choose another skin to manage to exit the menu. I changed skin from the settings in Estuary and got to see the settings of this skin. I even restored the default menus, but it still doesn't show up. I'm on CoreElec on Leia RC4. Any help would be appreciated.
It should be on the main menu by default.

You can also add it yourself in the home customisation dialog in skin settings.

Also should be a link in the power menu (S on the keyboard).
hi, I think i might have found a bug.
I've setup library nodes with the library node editor addon. On other skins they work ok, but with aura it keeps going back to a window where it only shows movies & tv shows.
There is no trace of the custom nodes at all, even opening the library node editor addon only shows movies & tv.
I've replaced the widgets elements in progres/added/continue watching for each node with the proper xmls in each videodb custom node, and NADA... not updating/showing.

Could you take a look at it.
I would love a sking with diferent library node hubs.
I keep getting the dreaded "failed to install a dependency"
Hey!

Big request: it would be awesome, if you put an option into the osd to change the display resolution and the framerate like the original Estuary does.
Since Kodi has an option to whitelist some resolution, this option is possible.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: I’m talking about this; https://imgur.com/a/AccAwOq
nevermind... might be my windows store version doing stupid things.
Wondering if anyone else has had this problem - I’ve set up my movie widgets with Aura but when I go into a different menu, for example, Settings > Skin Settings then back out to Movies, the widgets artwork just seems to flicker constantly. It doesn’t flicker when I first load up Kodi, it seems to trigger when I go to a different screen then back.

I’ve tried re-adding the widgets and also tried different artwork types (poster, landscape, square) but all the same. Also tried setting the widget limits to different types but annoyingly still happens.

I’m using an Amazon Fire TV latest gen so unsure how to get a log file!

Any ideas?
(2019-01-19, 00:31)aakrfc Wrote: Wondering if anyone else has had this problem - I’ve set up my movie widgets with Aura but when I go into a different menu, for example, Settings > Skin Settings then back out to Movies, the widgets artwork just seems to flicker constantly. It doesn’t flicker when I first load up Kodi, it seems to trigger when I go to a different screen then back.

I’ve tried re-adding the widgets and also tried different artwork types (poster, landscape, square) but all the same. Also tried setting the widget limits to different types but annoyingly still happens.

Any ideas?

Sorry for the double post. Here’s an image of what happens: https://imgur.com/gallery/KhcRjis
(2019-01-19, 00:35)aakrfc Wrote:
(2019-01-19, 00:31)aakrfc Wrote: Wondering if anyone else has had this problem - I’ve set up my movie widgets with Aura but when I go into a different menu, for example, Settings > Skin Settings then back out to Movies, the widgets artwork just seems to flicker constantly. It doesn’t flicker when I first load up Kodi, it seems to trigger when I go to a different screen then back.

Any ideas?

Sorry for the double post. Here’s an image of what happens: https://imgur.com/gallery/KhcRjis

Does the categories widget usually show or not? Looks like the categories widget is attempting to both show and hide for some reason.
I actually disabled the categories widget! It could be that, I’ll re-enable and see if it occurs.
@Abbaskip @ontap - Can you test out the latest Leia version. I think I have a solution to EPG menu issue. You should now be able to press up/down from top/bottom of the EPG to open the menu. Pressing up/down again will scroll the EPG around to the opposite end. Works well for me, but I'm hoping for some people with lower powered systems and more channels than the demo pvr to test and confirm that it doesn't break anything.
will do tx.
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aura19