4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
(2018-07-06, 15:57)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2018-07-06, 12:45)Mount81 Wrote: And many some still complain regarding that the LE/CE on the S912 Boxes still isn't that much enhanced and having several deficiencies and issues with playback (these seems to be dependent on the video source as well).
I'm now interested....
Please detail the "many" and provide examples of those having serious issues with LibreELEC ? Wink

Click HERE for some AMLogic S9xx testing done by @noggin.

CoreELEC is using Kodi Leia Alpha - by it's very Alpha nature it is still comparatively unstable Kodi software vs Krypton.   
 Based on recent user reports: kszaq LE 8.2.2.3: There's a main bug when subtitles appear on screen it would trigger a micro stutter in the video playback. Also just general complains regarding playback issues with different kind of video materials. 

wrxtasy LE 8.2.4.2: There's no auto freque switching in some cases at all, and have problem with the playback with lots of the the common test videos. +The subtitle stutter bug. 

And also generally, that the user experience and reliability is somewhat bellow of that what LE achieved on the S905X line. 

Don't misunderstand my skepticism here, and take as an assault against the S912 at all. I'm personally still also in the info collecting stage, but there are too many complains I've read so far, to not to take them acknowledged and under consideration towards the opposite opinions, like your's, that describe it like a mostly perfect solution and entirely neglects any mentions regarding the possible draw-backs...

An all-round description on what these users think in comparison is, if LE+S905X can be scored as 100%, than LE+S912 is rather somewhere 90%.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - by Mount81 - 2018-07-07, 10:23
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209