4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
(2018-05-25, 07:50)wrxtasy Wrote: Xiaomi Mi Box (Oreo OS) running Kodi Krypton (click):
  • WARNING ! - the Mi Box Oreo Firmware has quite a few serious Bugs, see the Mini Review HERE (click)
  • No Gigabit Ethernet for high bitrate 4K video playback - a cheap USB3 > Gigabit adapter needs to be used to make high bitrate streaming bulletproof. ASIX (Ugreen) & Realtek chipset (USB Hub) adapters confirmed working.
  • No auto refresh or auto resolution switching. 2160p60 or 2160p24Hz must be manually selected in Android Settings for 4K
  • Multiple options in Android Settings on the Oreo Mi Box for auto HDR to SDR or auto SDR to HDR switching as well as Chroma & bit depth selections.
  • 4K HDR > SDR produces decent picture outputs.
  • Kodi Krypton & Leia PVR Addons produces poor quality (half motion) deinterlacing for OTA TV viewing.
  • 60Hz 4K HDR YouTube works if the community modded Webwrapper Smart Youtube TV App (click) is installed.
  • Amazon (Prime) 4K HDR Video works if the v.4.7.9 Prime Video App (click)[/url] is installed.
 New to the forum... this doesn't seem to be working for me. I have changed the settings for HDR to SDR to "on" in the Mi Box itself but the colors are still way off. Are there specific settings in Kodi that'll help with conversion? Would this require Kodi to cause the server to transcode? I'm running Emby server.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - by AmericanCrisis - 2018-09-17, 17:45
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209