4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
(2019-07-01, 11:28)DarkSphere00 Wrote:
(2019-07-01, 04:19)wrxtasy Wrote: [quote="treboR2Robert" pid='2864840' dateline='1561938588']
Of course there will be.
I doubt anything will rival the ultimate picture quality, or video output options you would get from a (discontinued) Oppo 203 or 205 4K HDR DV Bluray Player.
But the question is how much do you want to pay ?

But in that case, the "ultimate picture quality" is achieved thanks to additional software implementation by OPPO or whatever hardware manufacturer.
I know that if I buy the Panasonic BP-UB9000 the picture quality will be stunning because of their HCX Processor and their HDR Optimizer, but that's because of additional implementations by Panasonic, not because of a flaw in the N2 am I wrong?

If I disabled every additional image processing option in the BD player, then I would get the same picture as the N2, or am I missing something?

For the price paid I think it will be hard to exceed the picture output quality the new ARM Mali G-52 - N2 / AML S922X chipset currently outputs - provided the supporting Software is up to speed outputting complete 4K HDR10 Metadata (looks like it is from @wesk05 's CE tests).

It would be interesting to compare picture quality and HDR output metadata with the Amazon FireTV Stick 4K as well. However no HD audio passthrough with that one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - by wrxtasy - 2019-07-01, 13:28
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209