4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
(2020-08-01, 06:14)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2020-08-01, 03:27)gpinzone Wrote: Just to confirm. I cant play remuxed single layer DV mkv's on a Shield Pro 2019 , I have to use plex?

Yes because Plex uses EXOPlayer.

Over on the MakeMKV forums there are guys using Kodi's Playercorefactory - external player functionality to playback DV using a custom EXOPlayer.apk (click)
That also works for DV licensed devices like the Ugoos AM6 Plus - and that device does not have the DV color output problems the 2019 Shield has.

See MakeMKV forums (click) for details.

W.

I setup Plex lon my shield last night but for some reason while it does play a DV rip the TV doesnt switch into DV mode. Stays HDR Sad I cant figure out why. I am streaming it over SMB via my freenas server.

Also, you mentioned Ugoos AM6 Plus, they actually pay for a license DV? I have an Odroid n2+ running coreelec and it works flawlessly. Will I be able to run that hack on that?

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - by gpinzone - 2020-08-01, 13:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209