4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
(2022-01-07, 10:54)noggin Wrote:
(2022-01-06, 22:20)Up Next ..... Wrote: OK, so there is no perfection to be had from one single device. Is there perfection to be had by combining two (2) devices?

For me the ATV 4K is the perfect DRM streaming device, and AMLogic boxes running CoreElec play pretty much all of my locally stored content (apart from niche 4:2:2 stuff that most people don't have to worry about), though the Pi 4B is now looking interesting for this too with the latest LibreElec Nightly builds (and they are running mainline kernels, and have far better support than ODroid with their comedy warranties and support)
I'm all for your ATV 4k recommendation. But when it comes to AMLogic boxes running CoreElec I get into a perpetual "This one. No this one.". I had my mind set on the OSMC Vero 4K+ (eventually). But it was released in July 2018. And with software support set to 5 years, it looks like it is not very wise to buy it.
P.S. I realise that OSMC does not equal CoreElec. Thanks for your response.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - by Up Next ..... - 2022-01-07, 23:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209