4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
(2022-05-13, 20:53)Sunflux Wrote:
(2022-05-13, 06:10)dwalme Wrote: Yep pretty much.   N2/N2+ seems to be the go-to box if you can get one.

If you need Dolby Vision playback then you are on to the Realtek RTD1619DR boxes.

I’ve really been wanting Dolby Vision playback, but it’s generally been an impossibility. How are those Realtek boxes? A search of that chipset didn’t turn up much discussion on the forum.
I have a Vero 4k+, an Apple TV 4k and now a Shield Pro 2019. The latter plays DV with Kodi without problems, some movies do have a red push. All audio formats are supported via passthrough. It is a very good Kodi box, but the Vero has a better picture quality. But that you only can tell if you have them both...

If only Apple TV could do audio better, than it would be the perfect one-for-all box. Allthough I don't know if Infuse actually can play DV mkv's or that it just grabs the HDR10 layer and the ATV converts that to DV.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - by pameijer - 2022-05-15, 23:51
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209