4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 2020
(2022-05-14, 18:10)Chr0matic Wrote:
(2022-05-14, 01:04)dwalme Wrote: I do prefer the overall user experience of Kodi on my Odroid N2

Could you elaborate a bit on that? From what I read you can install Kodi (might have problems with the internal player) or Zidoos fork ZDMC (might be incompatible with skins/addons + latest is 19.4). I would really like to have Dolby Vision playback as well as the Kodi experience and I ended with the Z9X as the most fitting player, considering a budget of 2-300 euros.

I used the ZDMC fork a long time ago on other devices and did not care for how it integrated with the video player used for playback.    So I never tried it on the Z9X.   I stick with the Home Theater 4.0 app.    

It is possible the integration with the video player is better on the Z9X.   I recall things like watched status and resume location were not transferred back to ZDMC.  That was a long time ago now though.

I don't think you can go wrong testing it out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 4K HDR10 - State of Play thread - important media player limitations. - by dwalme - 2022-05-16, 18:49
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
4K HDR10 - State of Play - important media player limitations - LAST UPDATE sept 20209