Simple Update & Clean Add-On
I've searched and Googled and Library Auto Update and WatchDog aren't what I'm looking for, they both seem to be automated only if they are enabled.

I'm looking for a very simple add-on that allows you to manually, hopefully with one click, update and clean the library.

While I know going into settings and doing this manually isn't terribly difficult, this is for a family member who isn't great with technical things.  I gave them a Kodi box and load media onto an external HD a couple times a year.  I'm running Aeon Nox and put a shortcut to Program Add-ons on the main bar.  Basically after I load new media I'd like to give it to them, they plug the HD, go to the Add-On shortcut on the main bar, select the Add-On and hit "Run Now" and it simply runs the update/clean function once.  I believe this is easier to understand and execute than trying to show them how to update the library, then go into settings and clean the library.

Is there anything very basic/simple like this that exists, or are Library Auto Update and WatchDog the only Add-ons like this?
Those are the only two, at least to the best of my knowledge.

Also be a little careful of automating it too far, as if a clean is done when the drive isn't connected then it's possible to lose all entries for it in the library (you normally have to accept that, but I think that can also be automated and suppressed).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thanks for the reply, and yes that's part of the issue, I don't want anything that's automated for that reason, which is why Library Auto Update and WatchDog don't work for me.  I want something that can be run manually given the specific situation, and so far I haven't been able to find anything.
Post your utility requests below, i'm always looking for ideas.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331996
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Will do Lunatixz, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple Update & Clean Add-On0