Did I screw something up?
The problem in my other post persists, but now I have an additional problem.  Kodi only lets me access my media on my android while I am on the same network.  But once I was away from home (at work) and tried to access it using my cell data, or even on wifi at another location, it kept saying it cannot be reached.

I welcome ANY help to what I may have done wrong and how to resolve this
@ryoendymon

In both your posts you have provided too little information. There are no logs, there are no descriptions of your setup. More importantly you haven't told us how you set up streaming to the wider internet as Kodi does not do this. And I guess that is where your problem lies, not with Kodi.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Well, there aren't error logs so to speak, when my cell is on the wifi at home it works flawlessly, but I want to be able to watch some things at work on my lunch breaks etc.  When I am not on my home wifi it simply says the server is not available.  But your post sounds like Kodi won't be able to do that anyway.
It is possible to do, but it is not recommended and it does not do that "out of the box".

The changes are made to your operating system settings and to the Router in your home, not to Kodi.

Another thread regarding that same question... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=318325
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Did I screw something up?0