• 153(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
(2019-07-19, 18:07)Video Titles Wrote:
Quote:I have a couple of questions whether the following can be done within the skin settings:

1. Ability to hide the left main menu sidebar from appearing on the main home screen. That is it will only appear if scrolling all the way to the left. I prefer the clean look on the home screen Smile

To do this you need to go to settings > skin settings > Widgets > enable circular navigation

You do not have to mess around with any xml file as someone else has said. The above will remove it all together though, so you will not be able to access the menu.

I am not sure if this is what you want to do, but I done the above and set everything to random and 250 and added loads of content such as decades, genres etc you always find something to watch.

The search will not be viewable my way though, that is the only downside.

*** UPDATE ***

Ok I am using 1.03 and I just noticed that even if you enable circular navigation, if you goto the spotlight and go left, it now brings up the menu bar.   

Thanks. I had noticed circular navigation somewhat does this. I prefer to know when the widget list ends before looping back so tend to keep this off.

(2019-07-19, 17:00)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: You are able to remove the side menu, by changing an variable within Settings.xml to True. At-least, that is what I did to remove all of the side bar's and menu's.
I looked at the xml but with several hundred of lines was not easy to locate. Would be interested to know if you recall which one you edited to test.

Interestingly, Titan  M O D hides the side menu without enabling circular navigation and displays it with an additional click to the left. I wonder if this is additional code or can be tweaked in the existing xml.

Probably one @Cartman.dos would need to provide insight on.
(2019-07-19, 20:01)Video Titles Wrote: Firstly the pictures of the OSD display I am using a PC computer, however, some of you are using a Pi and some android. This does not happen in windows, so it is not a bug with the skin.

You really need to before you report bugs etc, at least have a PC set up so that you can test on, so you can check if it is a problem in general or on one system.

------------------------------------------------
Cartman (Mr Dos to the scrubs using rasperberry Pi's and android)

I am now on 1.3 you have kind of thrown me a curve ball here. When I pause a TV episode now, I get the display at the bottom. I used to love the netflix pause, where it would be in white, on the screen simple. I now have a picture, TV show, episode, the current time, what time it finishes, the genre, and not forgetting the pause icon at the end.

All what I need now, is next weeks lottery numbers to be displayed when I pause. I keep pausing something now, just to see if I like it or not, I really cannot decide. It looks clean and tidy I will have to try it on a movie to see what happens.

However, I think that potentially if you do not mind me giving you feedback, if you don't then tough as I have typed it now and my delete key does not work lol

1) You have the episode (line 2) It looks like that is the main focus it seems more prominent when I look at it. I personally think that the TV show (as I have not tried a movie) should be the bold, and then episode should be muted 
2) The pause icon at the end really needs to be in white, rather than grey, make it stand out more, I am not sure if it will look good as a red or green, but a bright blinding white would make it stand out more

Ok I can see what is happening now, damm you man, you made me stop the TV show that I was watching, and try a movie.

The movie is top line where it is now playing is where the TV show is, and then the movie is where the episode is.

I know (or I presume) you cannot do anything about this, but it kind of throws things off balance, as then you would have now playing as bold and in your face for movies, but the actual movie would be muted. It is a shame that you cannot create multiple pause screens.

The only way would be to have the top line bold and then replace the lines.

You are the boss though, so just ignore everyone else apart from me Wink I shall try and do a video tomorrow with the small faults on home screen tomorrow, the one that I mentioned about getting loads of icons on the screen at once has gone, it still happens but only for a split second.

As always much love and thank you for your continued work. I honestly did not expect to find a netflix style skin, nor to enjoy a black skin theme again.
It sounds like you need to go skin settings> Playback & OSD> and enable Bingie OSD
for some reason its disabled when you update
(2019-07-20, 05:36)Leo2807 Wrote:
(2019-07-19, 18:07)Video Titles Wrote:
Quote:I have a couple of questions whether the following can be done within the skin settings:

1. Ability to hide the left main menu sidebar from appearing on the main home screen. That is it will only appear if scrolling all the way to the left. I prefer the clean look on the home screen Smile

To do this you need to go to settings > skin settings > Widgets > enable circular navigation

You do not have to mess around with any xml file as someone else has said. The above will remove it all together though, so you will not be able to access the menu.

I am not sure if this is what you want to do, but I done the above and set everything to random and 250 and added loads of content such as decades, genres etc you always find something to watch.

The search will not be viewable my way though, that is the only downside.

*** UPDATE ***

Ok I am using 1.03 and I just noticed that even if you enable circular navigation, if you goto the spotlight and go left, it now brings up the menu bar.    

Thanks. I had noticed circular navigation somewhat does this. I prefer to know when the widget list ends before looping back so tend to keep this off.

(2019-07-19, 17:00)Zachary.Murphy Wrote: You are able to remove the side menu, by changing an variable within Settings.xml to True. At-least, that is what I did to remove all of the side bar's and menu's.
I looked at the xml but with several hundred of lines was not easy to locate. Would be interested to know if you recall which one you edited to test.

Interestingly, Titan  M O D hides the side menu without enabling circular navigation and displays it with an additional click to the left. I wonder if this is additional code or can be tweaked in the existing xml.

Probably one @Cartman.dos would need to provide insight on. 
The side menu hides as soon as you click to the right on any widget row...
(2019-07-20, 16:52)Seattle2Nashville Wrote:
(2019-07-19, 20:01)Video Titles Wrote: As always much love and thank you for your continued work. I honestly did not expect to find a netflix style skin, nor to enjoy a black skin theme again.
It sounds like you need to go skin settings> Playback & OSD> and enable Bingie OSD
for some reason its disabled when you update 
Cheers for that, I have just been trying it, and it seems to have changed since 1.01 before it used to be how it was on netflix where you had the white text. I just tried with bingie osd on, but there is a delay before it puts the logo and whatever else it shown, episode number I think it was.

I might keep that turned off and just use the panel that comes up at the bottom with the pause and other information, as it is quite handy for me as sometimes I want something to finish at a certain time, so if I want to watch an episode, but I have to be out at 8pm, then I can see if I have time to watch it. It threw me at first, as I did like the old style in version 1 and got used to that, now shall have to get used to this.

I always weep when a skin is being made, as you love something about that skin, and the designer hates it, and changes it, but that is creative juices for you.
(2019-07-18, 17:51)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-07-18, 16:59)louisefindlay23 Wrote:
(2019-07-18, 16:18)cartman.dos Wrote: It's all in good spirit, look, I'm willing to give it a chance but - 
1) is your source an addon?
2) if it is, I need a LEGIT addon that works for you in titan mod episodes' view, for testing how to make it work.  
I'd be very grateful if there's any xml I can edit to get the episode plot on widgets from v1.02 to v1.03-RC2.  
basically remove this line:
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan...e.xml#L251

but you'll likely to have overlap issues of the plot going too far down.

removing this line will push details up:
https://github.com/cartmandos/skin.titan...e.xml#L163 
Thanks, a lot. It's looking great to me and thanks for sharing the code. Just a little thing to make it perfect, is there a way to make the Season / Episode Number line and Episode Name line bigger/bolder like in 1.02?
Server/Client 1 - Dell OptiPlex 3080 MT (GT 1030) Libreelec Docker Client 2 - Odroid N2+ Kodi - Omega (Arctic Fuse) PlexKodiConnect TV 1 - LG 55UK6200PLA TV 2 - LG 49UJ635V AVR - Yamaha HTR-2071 Speakers - Q Acoustics 3030i/3090Ci Remote - Logitech Harmony Companion (Hub)
(2019-07-19, 10:40)daking1512 Wrote: Im facing a strange behavior

every time I play a video, no matter the source (either addon or local library) I get the seek bar shown permanently and I cant seem to get rid of it when I dismiss the OSD panel

is this a bug or intended? and is there a way to disable it?

Thanks

go to osd settings panel and turn off OSD BINGIE and then activate it again this solves it
(2019-07-21, 00:19)Jooode Wrote:
(2019-07-19, 10:40)daking1512 Wrote: Im facing a strange behavior

every time I play a video, no matter the source (either addon or local library) I get the seek bar shown permanently and I cant seem to get rid of it when I dismiss the OSD panel

is this a bug or intended? and is there a way to disable it?

Thanks

go to osd settings panel and turn off OSD BINGIE and then activate it again this solves it   
unfortunately that doesnt fix it, but I figured out whats the culprit

so resetting the skin makes everything working properly but once I set the default action for selecting a video item to "show information" will cause the permanent seek bar bug, it wont go away even if you put it back from "show information" to "resume", so resetting the skin is the only fix

itll also cause a bug where once you start a video after showing its information you will get kicked back one directory, it happens in both local library and within addons, like the video below

https://streamable.com/wovv2
(2019-07-21, 08:35)daking1512 Wrote: .......

itll also cause a bug where once you start a video after showing its information you will get kicked back one directory, it happens in both local library and within addons, like the video below

https://streamable.com/wovv2 

I can confirm this bug.
HI Cartman
while using RC1.03, the IMDB rank and studio icon are shown in the main spotlight at this location : https://ibb.co/R9DNW4L 
any advise please what line in the code should i tweak in order that it will disappear?

thanks!
(2019-07-21, 15:08)scofield272 Wrote: HI Cartman
while using RC1.03, the IMDB rank and studio icon are shown in the main spotlight at this location : https://ibb.co/R9DNW4L 
any advise please what line in the code should i tweak in order that it will disappear?

thanks!

you can write it from eskin menus

thanks!

Pretty sure I pushed it down in RC2, check few posts back or my wip git branch. I see there are a lot of new posts but it's a crazy week...
(2019-07-21, 18:25)cartman.dos Wrote:

thanks!

Pretty sure I pushed it down in RC2, check few posts back or my wip git branch. I see there are a lot of new posts but it's a crazy week... 

Where is the Spotlight Located with-in the skin?
(2019-07-21, 18:35)Zachary.Murphy Wrote:

thanks!

Where is the Spotlight Located with-in the skin?

Zach, I can't keep answering skinning questions on my skin support thread. It's very easy to spot the spotlight in the main xml of home bingie since almost everything is commented or have a descriptive name. All you need to do is search 'spotlight'. I ask you please to keep this sort of questions and other non related out of this thread. I'm regularly asking and answering questions in skinning sub forum and ppl would love to help you out on ur skinner path. But There's now a few pages full of nothingness in here and although I quite enjoy my thread being inflated it's becoming more of a bubble and I miss on other important information like bugs and feedback that will actually contribute to every user of the skin.
(2019-07-21, 18:50)cartman.dos Wrote: Zach, I can't keep answering skinning questions on my skin support thread. It's very easy to spot the spotlight in the main xml of home bingie since almost everything is commented or have a descriptive name. All you need to do is search 'spotlight'. I ask you please to keep this sort of questions and other non related out of this thread. I'm regularly asking and answering questions in skinning sub forum and ppl would love to help you out on ur skinner path. But There's now a few pages full of nothingness in here and although I quite enjoy my thread being inflated it's becoming more of a bubble and I miss on other important information like bugs and feedback that will actually contribute to every user of the skin.

Sure, I completely understand. It won't happen again. If I have another skinning related question I'll go ask within the Skinning Sub Forum. Anyways, is there any Estimated Time until Release Candidate 3?

thanks!

Indeed you do Smile my bad. thanks.

on another subject if I may, is there any problem right now with fanarts downloading? 
i can't get new fanarts for any of the new Items, my log is full of this :

ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL connect error(35) for https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/5...57d046.png
2019-07-21 22:46:42.142 T:7416   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL connect error(35) for https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/4...4d3744.jpg
2019-07-21 22:46:42.180 T:5832   ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/3/310c3e8a.jpg
2019-07-21 22:46:44.161 T:7416   ERROR: CImageLoader:Big GrinoWork - Direct texture file loading failed for special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/5/5f1e8b93.jpg
2019-07-21 22:46:53.009 T:7372   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: SSL connect error(35) for https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/5...992877.jpg
2019-07-21 22:46:57.631 T:6132   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Couldn't connect to server(7) for https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/4...460510.png
2019-07-21 22:47:02.765 T:14172 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle 3
2019-07-21 22:47:04.308 T:2436 WARNING: Previous line repeats 14 times.
2019-07-21 22:47:04.308 T:2436 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle 4
2019-07-21 22:47:12.100 T:5832 WARNING: Previous line repeats 14 times.
2019-07-21 22:47:12.100 T:5832   ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for https://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/9...111f6b.jpg

EDIT
================
It got fixed by its own, I wonder what was that glitch ...
  • 153(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26