• 61(current)
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)
(2019-03-25, 02:58)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 02:51)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 02:46)CK77 Wrote:  Does your main spotlight widget also take 30sec to load on initial startup?
I'm just looking for some tips on the best way to use a local library with multiple instances of KODI.
I thought that the MySql DB option was the best, but now i'm not so sure, hence the question here  Big Grin 

My spotlight only takes a few seconds. What exactly do you mean when you say multiple instances of Kodi? 
 I want KODI on my PC and KODI on my Nvidia Shield box to use the same DB so everything is in sync.

Got it you need to use the Trakt add-on on all your Kodi boxes. it will track everything you watch and keep all your Kodi clients updated with that info.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-03-25, 03:02)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 02:58)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 02:51)cscott1 Wrote: My spotlight only takes a few seconds. What exactly do you mean when you say multiple instances of Kodi? 
 I want KODI on my PC and KODI on my Nvidia Shield box to use the same DB so everything is in sync. 

Got it you need to use the Trakt add-on on all your Kodi boxes. it will track everything you watch and keep all your Kodi clients updated with that info. 
So, in that case, each KODI instance points to its own DB, but the add-on will keep the status updated?
Will this allow you to stop a movie halfway on one box and then continue on another? I'm able to do that now with the shared DB, using MySql
(2019-03-25, 03:09)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 03:02)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 02:58)CK77 Wrote:  I want KODI on my PC and KODI on my Nvidia Shield box to use the same DB so everything is in sync. 

So, in that case, each KODI instance points to its own DB, but the add-on will keep the status updated?
Will this allow you to stop a movie halfway on one box and then continue on another? I'm able to do that now with the shared DB, using MySql

Trakt add-on will track at your watched shows and movies across all your devices so they are in synch not sure about picking up where you left off halfway through watching something I don't think it's that precise but it's a good tool all the same.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2019-03-25, 03:19)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 03:09)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 03:02)cscott1 Wrote: Got it you need to use the Trakt add-on on all your Kodi boxes. it will track everything you watch and keep all your Kodi clients updated with that info. 

Trakt add-on will track at your watched shows and movies across all your devices so they are in synch not sure about picking up where you left off halfway through watching something I don't think it's that precise but it's a good tool all the same. 
 ok, so after removing all the standard widgets and putting my own up, everything seems to run a lot smoother. After the Bingie splash screen it now only takes 2-3 seconds to load things. Maybe my library is just too big for some of those intense widgets. I have about 1000 movies and 120 tv shows with all seasons/episodes.
(2019-03-25, 04:03)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 03:19)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 03:09)CK77 Wrote: So, in that case, each KODI instance points to its own DB, but the add-on will keep the status updated?

ok, so after removing all the standard widgets and putting my own up, everything seems to run a lot smoother. After the Bingie splash screen it now only takes 2-3 seconds to load things. Maybe my library is just too big for some of those intense widgets. I have about 1000 movies and 120 tv shows with all seasons/episodes. 
I've got a big library as well, everything is coming from local source (usb3 hdd) as network share (ethernet cable). I use trakt to sync everything, for me it's not about being able to use on difference instances it just makes sure that even if i remove everything and reinstall it is backed up.
You can configure in the trakt addon to sync progress, your library items, ratings...etc..
ultimately i'd prefer a frontend-backend setup, and tried plexkodiconnect but it was much slower for me...and the trakt is working much better with kodi than plex.

about widgets, the most exclusive widgets are MIXED content widget, they cannot be replaced by playlists. and new widgets like popular/trending from tmdb/trakt that are available in skin helper widget but weren't added as default. other than that, you can get most other widget as custom playlist which is handled natively by library call which is always faster then external processing...
@Cartman.dos 

Bro you have done it really great work i''m 99% happy with the new skin , But for some reason i can't get the widget Recommended Movies / TV Shows to work it stays empty it is in skin helper (Mixed media) I do use your skin with a fully integrated with Netflix fully integrated in my local Library.
Maybe it is me and i'm just being stupid  Rofl  and what i also miss what was in 0.3 skin is is the option to choose also a poster view for a single widget on the home menu this is now being removed.
Would be nice to get that back because use this for the Netflix Originals.
(2019-03-25, 04:38)grote345 Wrote: @Cartman.dos 

Bro you have done it really great work i''m 99% happy with the new skin , But for some reason i can't get the widget Recommended Movies / TV Shows to work it stays empty it is in skin helper (Mixed media) I do use your skin with a fully integrated with Netflix fully integrated in my local Library.
Maybe it is me and i'm just being stupid  Rofl  and what i also miss what was in 0.3 skin is is the option to choose also a poster view for a single widget on the home menu this is now being removed.
Would be nice to get that back because use this for the Netflix Originals.
It should work, make sure that in Skin Helper Widget, you have 'use experimental recommendation....' enabled! it is enabled by default only from v1.1.
About widget layout on individual base, it is optional but not in conjunction with fixed position in vertical scrolling, so you have to choose what is more important for you, sorry but this is the only way i could get it to work.
(2019-03-24, 17:14)LukeHansford Wrote: I have got clearlogos working for service helper widgets but the studio icons don't show for the next episodes widget for TV shows.

They show correctly in my video add-on widgets for TV shows just not the skin helper one.

Is this a bug?
They're working on my end, should work for you as well, it is handled by SH and sometimes that a lil' to get goin.
(2019-03-25, 02:24)cscott1 Wrote: By that response can I assume you have a fix for the problem and I don't have to redo all my widgets? 
I'm pretty sure I know where the issue lies, will update on git in a few hours

(2019-03-25, 02:51)cookem Wrote: I am using the simple confluence-style homescreen vertical layout and i used to use the small poster layout for the widgets with single widget large for the widget rows to display 1 large widget with all the new movies/tv shows on the old bingie beta. I don't see those 2 settings on the new version. Is it possbile to do this on the new version? see example below....
I don't recall removing/disabling settings in layouts outside of bingie layout. if you can refresh my memory and give me the name of the settings exactly i could locate them and patch if i mistakenly did disabled them.
any option to stop the trailer after finish the first time? its because sometimes i idle in one movie poster and i dont want to repeat the same trailer when idling
(2019-03-25, 07:30)XtreMaster Wrote: any option to stop the trailer after finish the first time? its because sometimes i idle in one movie poster and i dont want to repeat the same trailer when idling

you need to state where does that happen, this should not happen in home & hubs's widgets but may happen in library.
Quick question if I may? How do you remove the preloaded widgets "Categories", "Similar Media", etc? I know they are linked to Mixed Media in SH, but I have no use for most of them, and am completely dumbfounded on how to remove them. Thanks!
(2019-03-25, 07:56)tmlfan1977 Wrote: Quick question if I may? How do you remove the preloaded widgets "Categories", "Similar Media", etc? I know they are linked to Mixed Media in SH, but I have no use for most of them, and am completely dumbfounded on how to remove them. Thanks!

Skin Settings -> Configure Shortcuts -> Edit Shortcuts
from there you can customize all menu shortcuts, in each entry you can set widget with content of your liking (it will show in main home window)
more specific to your question, the default widgets you mentioned are inside 'Home' entry, select 'home' in left panel. then on right panel, click 'widgets', then you can just disable/change what you want.
more details on that and hub customization in first post of this thread.
(2019-03-24, 23:57)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 19:05)Lastpost Wrote: Any idea how to disable the overlay that pops up full-screen in the library. Would like to disable it, Bingie main view looking at movies and it starts after 3 seconds.

Hope you understand what I mean.
 One of the options for that view will be Big Plot Overlay. Just turn that off
I don't seem to have that option in the settings of the view.
Or are they in the main skin settings?
(2019-03-25, 08:38)Lastpost Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 23:57)CK77 Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 19:05)Lastpost Wrote: Any idea how to disable the overlay that pops up full-screen in the library. Would like to disable it, Bingie main view looking at movies and it starts after 3 seconds.

Hope you understand what I mean.
 One of the options for that view will be Big Plot Overlay. Just turn that off 

upload a screenshot, i've no idea what pop ups on your screen :S
(2019-03-25, 08:51)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 08:38)Lastpost Wrote:
(2019-03-24, 23:57)CK77 Wrote:  One of the options for that view will be Big Plot Overlay. Just turn that off 

upload a screenshot, i've no idea what pop ups on your screen :S

https://m.imgur.com/4B6Vxmo,hjCOP7N
(2019-03-25, 00:52)cartman.dos Wrote:
(2019-03-25, 00:07)LukeHansford Wrote: Is this a new version of the Bingie skin?
 Yep. v0.3 was the last BETA version. The new v1 is available in BINGIE Repository and needs to be installed fresh (it is not an update).
(2019-03-25, 00:15)louisefindlay23 Wrote: The continue watching text on widgets is all lowercase. It should be Continue Watching.

Also, is there a way to get clearlogo rather than clearart on the top right when osd is active? I'm scraping clearart using Artwork Beef but there isn't a lot of it compared to clearlogos.
This is probably because your language in kodi is not english.
But i could force that in the update, although many strings will need to be updated/translated so ppl, feel free to contribute, it's really just translating a few string to your language.
About clearart you'll need to be more specific about the situation as in default settings there is not clearart in osd.
(2019-03-25, 00:20)cscott1 Wrote: @Cartman is there a limit to how many widgets you are aloud to have? I'm having some odd behavior I have 33 widgets but after 26 there is no thumbs showing for those widgets on the home screen. Any ideas?
Yeah there's a limit set by Skin.Shortctuts addon I believe, haven't looked into it because i never went above that limitation but it might also help to make sure that the order of the widgets is with no gaps (no un-set widget in between, so they won't count). BTW, widgets in hubs doesn't count.
(2019-03-25, 00:51)ryadre Wrote: Quick question, is it possible to stop the home screen main menu sliding out? I wouldn't mind just having the skinny column on the left with the icons only
not currently, Maybe sometime in the future...
(2019-03-24, 08:58)joeyd2424 Wrote: If I set search as an option in the side blade menu, I can open the new search layout, but I can never get back to the home menu. Can open other sideblade options but can never return to the home screen without it being the new (awesome by the way) search layout? Maybe it’s just me
I'm sorry but if you can be more descriptive of the situation because I didn't get your issue. at the moment the new BINGIE Search is available from Home main-menu alone, should be integreated and replace skin helper search inside library in later updates.
(2019-03-24, 10:04)ss130172 Wrote: Hi,
Just wanted to say I absolutely love this skin. I almost have it set up exactly how I want it, but is it possible to expand the Plot text on the Homescreen to minimise the text scrolling.  Appreciate any advice. Thanks
Thanks Smile This has been requested but didn't got to it yet. will make an option to enlarge plot, but will have to disable the other stuff below, that's the compromise i can do atm.
(2019-03-24, 10:14)Lastpost Wrote: Got another question. I saw earlier that you had some cool widgets containing the genres (in green if I recalled it correctly), how do I get them?
good question and thanks for reminding me to add that to main thread post.
So You'll see in BINGIE Repo there's a new resource for movie genre icons.
In general settings -> scroll down to 'Set Resources Settings', then 'Select Movie/TV Genre Icons' -> click 'Get More...' (If you haven't already installed the resource addon)
Then install 'Movie Genre Icons - BINGIE', and select it for the resource. Restart Kodi. Voilà.
(2019-03-24, 10:32)dzjugo Wrote: This is a good morning! Thanks Cartman!!!
One suggestion for the future, could we get a kid section for our disney movies ect
This is a pre-packed suggestion in 'Search' (amongst many others). all suggestions are playlist basically then you can get when setting widget from skin helper widgets->playlist->select that playlist->choose order method.
(2019-03-24, 11:18)tmlfan1977 Wrote: Ok, been pulling an all-nighter setting this up and have run into a bit of a snag.  For some reason, the 'Skin Helper Service Widgets' add-on does not recognize the tags for my TV shows.  Just comes up as black when I go to TV Shows >> Tags.  Works fine for movies though.  Any help you might be able to provide would indeed be greatly appreciated.  Thank you again!
Set a reminder-to-self to check that Wink you can maybe use tags from mixed section until then?
(2019-03-24, 13:07)Martin2107 Wrote: How can i disable the Old Side-Menu? Is there an option for it? 
I can only use the old one .... Sad.... Maybay a Fresh Kodi Installation??

And have some one a tutorial for the global search like in the preview?

But overall it looks absolutly amazing  Love Thank you for your hard work.
If by 'old side-menu' you just mean the menu then i'm guessing it is not old? it is the menu. but someone proposed using the slimmenu only without full menu sliding and i will think of adding this feature in the future. glad you like it besides that Smile
(2019-03-24, 13:40)MovieMan123 Wrote: @cartman.dos Looks great. Thank you very much for your effort. Some small points: 
  • To enable the mediaflags in View_523, the footerbar should be enable. This leads to a "header-respression" in View_59. So you cannot use them together. This can be hotfixed by removing line 232 in View_523 xml but this doesn't solve the issue that everything moves up in view_59 when footer enabled. 
  • The headerlogo + clock disappears sometimes and sometimes not. I cannot figure out the cause of this problem. 
  • Is it possible to rename the labels of the standard widgets at the homescreen? 
  • More a Kodi 18 issue (I think) languageflags dont show up in Mediaflags Large Icons Colour, just a empty gap. 
Everything else looks fantastic. Thanks again.    
Thanks for the specific issues descriptions, i'll have to check them out. in general, media flags have not changed much. especially header stuff..
Noticed the languageflags issue in media flags but in general media flags needs a rewrite...
(2019-03-24, 15:06)kodishu Wrote: Second issue, still got no clearlogo at pause screen during watching movie/episode. 
Where are you getting you library content from? I recently read that PlexKodiConnect has this issue...

IF A QUESTION WAS LEFT UNANSWERED - PLEASE REPOST, I MIGHT HAVE MISSED IT...

I got video plugin integrated to the library. All info are stored lokally
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE v1 (UPDATED 08/2019)26