• 51(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
Been waiting for this since Kodi 18 released, so I've been testing it a bit and I've found a few things in the newest alpha.

1. When you set a "List View" it only sets it for each TV show or one movie sets, it used to set it across all of them so I didn't need to sort them all manually.
For example I want "Info Wall" when I got into a TV show or movie set but it I set it on show A and go into show B it's showing default "List" view. (This is on the .13 alpha, didn't have this one the .5)

This will be an issue later on if you let us enable "kiosk" mode.

2. On the home screen when you click left with vertical menu to go into the submenu you need to click up instead of right to go back.

This is what I've found that is still in the newest alpha, some other things were already fixed so you're quick to fix things.
First off, thank you so much for the fantastic skin, you have really knocked it out of the park with this alpha release!

Few questions/suggestions:

1) Will icons be returning to the horizontal / multi widget menu layout as an option? Right now I think the top menu bar is not prominent enough without them for new users.
2) Would it be possible to have an option to turn off the press up to either go to the submenu or hub menu from the home screen as I think it has the potential to be a bit confusing to some users?
3) Could the menu text in the home menu use the highlight selection colour? 

4) Is it possible to centre the nodes in the submenu?

5) Personally I think having the clear logo on the poster info view type is not needed when you have the poster and name already there:

But obviously I'd want to retain it in views where the fanart is being shown in isolation.

6) Lastly, any chance it would be possible to have an Info Wall view for recently added episodes? As per the picture above, the posters would be the series posters and the right hand image the episode thumb.

Thanks!
I've been using original AZ for ages now, I just love it. When I saw that you started developing AZ2 I was the happiest. Thanks for giving us the best skins for Kodi, jurial. You rock.

I've been testing the alpha releases and man, you did again a great job.
I'm using the basic horizontal one widget layout. I like minimalism, and the resemblance to original AZ. I have the background widget on home screen set to display my latest added movies and another one to my latest added tv shows. I love the minimalistic design, and the fanart cycling, but I think that adding the clearlogo or a subtle movie or show name with the skin font to the lower right corner would be awesome. I know that pressing up displays the movie name, but I like to leave the home screen cycling through the fanart on my TV.Image
(2019-03-20, 18:17)baruchin Wrote: I've been using original AZ for ages now, I just love it. When I saw that you started developing AZ2 I was the happiest. Thanks for giving us the best skins for Kodi, jurial. You rock.

I've been testing the alpha releases and man, you did again a great job.
I'm using the basic horizontal one widget layout. I like minimalism, and the resemblance to original AZ. I have the background widget on home screen set to display my latest added movies and another one to my latest added tv shows. I love the minimalistic design, and the fanart cycling, but I think that adding the clearlogo or a subtle movie or show name with the skin font to the lower right corner would be awesome. I know that pressing up displays the movie name, but I like to leave the home screen cycling through the fanart on my TV.Image
 +1 with the clearlogo on home page thingy
Hi!
The skin is really nice!
Would it be possible to move subtitles up when the seekbar is shown? Like on Netflix?
First of all, thanks for this amazing skin.
I´m from germany and  started with kodi last year and used Aura since i found it in the wip area. At this time there was no AZ for Kodi 18. Totally love what you do in skinning kodi.
You did a very good Job for this community.

I´ve got two questions.

1) Is it possbile to have a preview window for trailers, as it is in Aura?
2) And will there be an option to set the PVR Submenu / Channel Window while watching TV on the left site of the screen as it is in Aura. Personally i think the window in the middle of the screen is to prominent.
(2019-03-20, 01:29)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-20, 00:00)Alwiin90 Wrote: I would also like the option to stop infinite scrolling and I wonder whether you will implement a scroll bar for AZ2?

It is now a fixedlist on latest master (not in releases yet). 
I checked the master - where can i find the option for this?
(2019-03-20, 22:16)mrkuba Wrote:
(2019-03-20, 01:29)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-20, 00:00)Alwiin90 Wrote: I would also like the option to stop infinite scrolling and I wonder whether you will implement a scroll bar for AZ2?

It is now a fixedlist on latest master (not in releases yet). 
I checked the master - where can i find the option for this?
No need to download the master. He published a new release with latest fixes 10 hours ago. Just downloaded latest release.
(2019-03-19, 09:28)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-03-19, 01:58)neires7 Wrote: @jurialmunkey
Great skin, thanks for your work.

Would it be possible for you to add an OSD clock as an option in the upper right corner?
This is how it looks for me in Arctic Zephyr: Leia-MOD.

So from left to right.

label>$INFO[System.Time]</label>
abel>$INFO[Player.FinishTime]</label>
abel>$INFO[Player.TimeRemaining]</label>

ImageImageImage

Current and finish time shows under seekbar when pressing info (or enable option to show poster/plot when paused if you don't have an info button).

Hi jurial!

Do you think there's a way to see the finish time easily?
With my settings I'm force to look at the plot just to check the finish time :S
I noticed that there's a setting for hide plot and poster when clicking info on the OSD, but when we use a remote without info button, that means that I have to enable pause = info, then see plot to be able to check the finish time Sad
Hi Jurial

Thanks for all these fixes and additions it’s making this skin brilliant.
Just a quick one, in the latest alpha 0.914 the big poster view has no wrap list where as I’m sure it did in older versions?
(2019-03-20, 14:21)VikkiXavier Wrote: Hello again, jurial. Is any there no to view artist fanart(s) like we can view movie or tv show fanarts through the info screen. [Because I have my fanart blurred]

Not yet Wink
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-03-20, 15:29)mxlance Wrote: Beautiful!
Amazing work again!

Big fan of AURA, but could not resist giving AZ2 a look.

a few questions/requests-
1. Categories Widget? (This is the big one for me)
2. Background Transparency? (Increase)
3. Background colour overlay?
4. Alphabet Strip? (Wife really likes this)
5. Pressing up from top menu shows fanart
6. Genre colors in PVR Guide?

Thanks again

1. No categories widget - have to use either submenus or hubs. You can open a hub based upon your submenu with ActivateWindow(1135) rather than having to press a direction
2. Not providing options for this. AZ has always been a light and simple skin with only basic options.
3. No colour overlay. Use Aura for things like that.
4. I've found the alphabet strip buggy and adds lots of overhead for some systems, so I haven't included it. However, I do have a "fake" strip which is really just a scrollbar disguised as the alphabet strip. Hopefully sualfred will release his embruary functions as a standalone add-on, because his alphabet strip implementation there is much less taxing and isn't as buggy.
5. There is an artwork gallery at the bottom of the info screen. Trying to keep things simple and minimise additional options.
6. No to genre colours. I felt it didn't suit the skin.
(2019-03-20, 15:31)Jooode Wrote: good morning jurail. Every day is skin looks better thank you. it might be possible to have notifications in the main menu like in AZ

Make sure you are using latest version of the skin.
(2019-03-20, 15:36)umonkey Wrote: Great skin as away sir, your work is far superior than other skins available keep it up.

While playing around with this i think i have found a small bug. when testing out the Custom Hubs i know they are Experimental but when linking to a streaming addon i get the following box around the movie posters can this be fixed or out of your control? 

Thanks again for your hand work it really is appreciated.

In the custom 1134 hub, the skin tries to guess what the content is by using the DBType of the first item in the list and then sets the aspect ratio for the widget based upon that. If the addon doesn't set a DBType, then the square aspect is chosen as that will functionally work for any type of content without unnecessary cropping etc (basically square is the fallback).

Is this node path the tmdb section of extendedinfo? I'll have play around with it later today and see if I can find an additional solution for determining the content type.
(2019-03-20, 16:26)sasquatchjaques Wrote: Jurial - just tried the minimal busy spinner just letting you know it overlaps with the please wait dialog and the title of the content that its trying to play tis only a small issues but it looks messy for the brief couple of seconds its displayed and know your a perfectionist Smile only suggestions i have are moving the spinner to different location or showing either the dialog or the title

Did you think anymore in regards to the plot fade / additional "up" click that I suggested for the main widget ? I think it would look really nice

Really enjoying the skin and watching the suggestions and daily developments take place

Busy spinner overlap should be fixed on latest master (must get from master branch, not in releases yet).

Yes, I think the plot switch is a great idea - just haven't got to implementing it yet. Hopefully should get it done sometime tonight.
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226