• 111(current)
Arctic: Zephyr 2
@jurialmunkey Have you considered adding an option to blur poster for background instead of fanart? I changed the skin to do this and it gives a more consistent experience imo. While most of the time fanart matches the color scheme of the poster closely, when it doesn't it can be jarring and feel out of place when the blurred background is a completely different color than the poster. In my case I'm using tvshow.poster if it exists and poster otherwise. Just a thought!
(2019-04-20, 05:36)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 02:26)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 01:56)jurialmunkey Wrote: Try latest release
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arc...alpha3.zip

I'm now hiding the episode list and preventing focus if the episode container is updating.

This appears to be giving me the exact same behavior for add-ons. I haven't tried it with library content yet to make sure it's not causing any other issues there, however.

I tried with a number of add-ons on latest version of the skin and I cannot reproduce this behaviour any more. For me, the skin hides the episode list for the season until it is loaded.

Are you sure you are using 0.9.26-alpha3 ?

Otherwise it is an issue with the add-on doing something incorrectly like not setting the correct folderpath for the season or not updating the plugin path correctly.

You know what, it is working! I was testing on my phone which was goofing me up. I think I had seen an earlier comment about it not being possible to pull up th context menu on episodes in that view, though? Not a deal breaker, but it would be nice.
(2019-04-20, 07:04)holydhaliwal Wrote: @jurialmunkey Have you considered adding an option to blur poster for background instead of fanart? I changed the skin to do this and it gives a more consistent experience imo. While most of the time fanart matches the color scheme of the poster closely, when it doesn't it can be jarring and feel out of place when the blurred background is a completely different color than the poster. In my case I'm using tvshow.poster if it exists and poster otherwise. Just a thought!

Good point. I will add an option on whether to use poster or fanart for blur in the next round of updates.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-04-20, 07:17)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 05:36)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 02:26)drinfernoo Wrote: This appears to be giving me the exact same behavior for add-ons. I haven't tried it with library content yet to make sure it's not causing any other issues there, however.

I tried with a number of add-ons on latest version of the skin and I cannot reproduce this behaviour any more. For me, the skin hides the episode list for the season until it is loaded.

Are you sure you are using 0.9.26-alpha3 ?

Otherwise it is an issue with the add-on doing something incorrectly like not setting the correct folderpath for the season or not updating the plugin path correctly.

You know what, it is working! I was testing on my phone which was goofing me up. I think I had seen an earlier comment about it not being possible to pull up th context menu on episodes in that view, though? Not a deal breaker, but it would be nice.

Glad to hear it! Yeah, unfortunately the context menu is very limited for dynamic lists and it doesn't seem to work for this particular implementation. The skin doesn't control whether the context menu is available or what is in it, so there isn't much I can do about it from my side of things.
(2019-04-20, 09:26)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-04-20, 07:04)holydhaliwal Wrote: @jurialmunkey Have you considered adding an option to blur poster for background instead of fanart? I changed the skin to do this and it gives a more consistent experience imo. While most of the time fanart matches the color scheme of the poster closely, when it doesn't it can be jarring and feel out of place when the blurred background is a completely different color than the poster. In my case I'm using tvshow.poster if it exists and poster otherwise. Just a thought!

Good point. I will add an option on whether to use poster or fanart for blur in the next round of updates. 

thanks. I, too, support this idea.
Hi! I've this error when i put my in progress list of the Netflix addon as a widgetImage

Glad to hear it! On another note, I brought this up earlier but you may have missed it/it may not be a skin issue: When opening Kodi directly to the information screen of a movie/episode the blurred background stays the same as for whatever the previously selected item was, and doesn't update for the new item. If blur is disabled the background is updated properly however, with blur, it seems to get stuck. 

In my case, I'm using Android TV's channels feature to display smart playlist content on the (android) home screen. If an item is selected from that list it opens kodi directly to the information screen of that item, albeit with the wrong blurred background.
@jurialmunkey Hi!
Small question, it's normal if I don't see on Home screen "watched" or "progress" indicators? I mean I have widget with trakt list of movies but I don't have indicator. At settings I have checked this option and in other views I have watched indicator only on home widgets or submenu.
(2019-04-19, 15:31)Babazoolay Wrote: Can anyone post any screenshot of how clearlogos are meant to show up in the skin. For example, if its meant to be on the homescreen, during video playback, as part of a widget. Because I am having no luck whatsoever in getting them to show up. I've added fanart api key into artwork beef, metadatautils, my addon settings and i still can't get them to show up. I tried using embycon addon and even that didn't show any clearlogos in the skin but it showed up on estuary video osd unless clearlogos are not enabled on the arctic zephyr osd. Can someone please help me out here. I'm using an nvidia shield running kodi 18.1 from the playstore and arctic zephyr 2 0.9.25 alpha1

Can noone help me with this?
(2019-04-20, 09:44)Alfredini18 Wrote: Hi! I've this error when i put my in progress list of the Netflix addon as a widgetImage

There doesn't appear to be an error here. If you're referring to the mismatched language strings, then the Netflix add-on hasn't fully localized all their strings.
Would it be possible to add a "Season Info"-ish view, that allows you to pick the season on the left side (doesn't need artwork necessarily), and then have episode fanart and metadata/plot vertically (think of Aura's "Episode List") on the right... similar to how Netflix does it? They also have a clearlogo-type artwork on the top-left of the screen as well.

Hopefully that gives an idea of the type of view I'm thinking of, but obviously with the AZ2 feel Big Grin

Thanks!

Would like to see this option in Aura too
(2019-04-18, 21:34)Ransonneil Wrote: I’m actually gutted that the original AZ horizontal home menu at the bottom is only available with a showcase style background. Why can’t we have widgets like when the menu is at the top? Like the original AZ.

Because this skin is in Alpha, so not all features are complete...
(2019-04-18, 03:15)Blurayx Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

I've noticed this a while back with AZ2 and Aura.
In Europe, The date format is DD:MM:YYYY. AZ2 is showing two different date formats for the same TV shows(Not all TV Shows)

First Aired is correct(Europe)
continuing incorrect(US)

Estuary MOD V2 is showing the correct date formats for both(First Aired and Next Aired)

UPDATE:
It only happens with some TV Shows
Another example both these shows air on the same day with the incorrect date format

Estuary MOD V2 is showing the correct date formats for both(First Aired and Next Aired)
Thanks

I'm using SkinHelper for next aired dates. Looks like Estuary mod uses Next Aired add-on instead. Maybe I should switch to using Next Aired, though I thought I remember there being other issues with Next Aired (can't remember though!)
(2019-04-18, 23:42)zenyatta80 Wrote:
(2019-04-18, 22:56)zenyatta80 Wrote:
(2019-04-18, 11:55)zenyatta80 Wrote: Hi Jurial,

I am accessing these from video-add on widgets. I will try to access through parent menus and see if this changes the behaviour and report back.

Well I can confirm this only happens when accessing through a video add-on widget.

My mistake. I had content set to programs under widget. All good now.

Yep, video-addons need content type set to videos. Content type basically determines what window to open the widget content in when clicked (e.g. videos is MyVideoNav, music is MyMusicNav, programs is MyPrograms etc.)
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic: Zephyr 226