v18 Check the TMDb movie scraper addon's settings?
Hi,

I'm making some mods to Estuary and I'd like to check the certprefix and tmdbcertcountry settings for the TMDb Movie scraper addon.

I've found them in the: userdata\addon_data\metadata.themoviedb.org\settings.xml file but don't know how to use them in the skin.

Can anyone tell me how to read them in? I've tried $VAR[tmdbcertcountry] but it doesn't seem to work. I'm guessing it's because the addon isn't loaded at the time?

Thanks,

bored
I'm not 100% sure about accessing settings of other addons, but I once did a skin mod where I stored all the new text strings in an addon so I didn't have to mod the language files.  To access a given string I did this:

$ADDON[script.module.cmpl 30004]

So maybe $ADDON[metadata.themoviedb.org tmdbcertcountry] would work?
Thanks for the suggestion. When I tried it, it didn't seem to actually parse it. It just displayed the text: $ADDON[metadata.common.themoviedb.org tmdbcertcountry]

I found a label in the quartz skin with: $ADDON[script.cu.lrclyrics 32005] so I tried that, and that just comes up blank... I'm guessing that it is parsing correctly, I just don't have the addon installed.

When I tried $ADDON[metadata.common.themoviedb.org 12345], that too comes up blank. It must be parsing correctly, but not returning a value. It seems the addon name must be followed by a number for it to parse correctly, so I guess I'm out of luck with this... It must just be a way of pulling back the output from the addon, but the scraper won't provide output.

The I guess only way I'm going to be able to do this is by running a Python script to read the file. If it was bash, vbscript or powershell then it wouldn't be a problem for me to write what I need but Python is just weird.

Edit: Looks like this is the exact thing I need: https://codedocs.xyz/xbmc/xbmc/group__py...bd180af650

Code:
Function: xbmcaddon.Addon([id]).getSettingString(id)

Returns the value of a setting as a unicode string.

Parameters
id string - id of the setting that the module needs to access.

Returns
Setting as a unicode string

v18 Python API changes:
New function added.

Example:
apikey = self.Addon.getSettingString('apikey')

Now I just need to work out how to use it to pull the info to a variable in a skin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Check the TMDb movie scraper addon's settings?0