HW/Player capable of playing 4k raw bluray rips
Question 
Hi! need recommendation for hardware/player capable of playing 4k raw bluray rips hdr/dolbyvision atmos/dts (50-80 gb files) and h.265 10bit media (animu files :3) etc etc

Code:
File Spec
=========

Example #1

FORMAT                  : MKV (Matroska)
SIZE                    : 72.7 GiB

VIDEO
CODEC                   : HEVC
TYPE                    : 2160p (Progressive)
FRAME RATE              : 23.976 fps
DISPLAY ASPECT RATIO    : 16:9
FORMAT PROFILE LEVEL    : Main [email protected]@High
BITRATE                 : 62.1 Mbps
WIDTH x HEIGHT          : 3840 x 2160 pixels
COLOR PRIMARIES         : BT.2020

AUDIO
CODEC                   : TrueHD Atmos
LANGUAGE                : English
CHANNEL(S)              : 7.1
BITRATE                 : 4298 kbps
SAMPLING RATE           : 48 KHz
BIT DEPTH               : 24 bits

Example #2

FORMAT                  : MKV (Matroska)
SIZE                    : 69.7 GiB

VIDEO
CODEC                   : HEVC
TYPE                    : 2160p (Progressive)
FRAME RATE              : 23.976 fps
DISPLAY ASPECT RATIO    : 16:9
FORMAT PROFILE LEVEL    : Main [email protected]@High
BITRATE                 : 55.8 Mbps
WIDTH x HEIGHT          : 3840 x 2160 pixels
COLOR PRIMARIES         : BT.2020

AUDIO
CODEC                   : DTS-HD Master Audio
LANGUAGE                : English
CHANNEL(S)              : 5.1
BITRATE                 : 4037 kbps
SAMPLING RATE           : 48 KHz
BIT DEPTH               : 24 bits
OTHER INFO              : DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit
Do you have an HDR10 capable display (i.e. want to play HDR10 content and output it as HDR10) or do you need to tone map to an SDR display (i.e. playback HDR10 content but watch it on an SDR display)?
(2019-04-13, 00:09)noggin Wrote: Do you have an HDR10 capable display (i.e. want to play HDR10 content and output it as HDR10) or do you need to tone map to an SDR display (i.e. playback HDR10 content but watch it on an SDR display)?

Sony X9000F / X900F
(2019-04-13, 00:09)noggin Wrote: Do you have an HDR10 capable display (i.e. want to play HDR10 content and output it as HDR10) or do you need to tone map to an SDR display (i.e. playback HDR10 content but watch it on an SDR display)?

Yes want to play HDR/DolbyVision content (50-80 gb raw bluray rip files) and output it as HDR/DolbyVision on my TV (Sony X9000F)
Forget about dual layer - DolbyVision Bluray Rips playback on any Kodi media player. There simply is not the software support to be able to playback that Dolby proprietary format.

The best you can get from such Rips is HDR10 and the list of devices capable of that is found in this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332180

I'm not sure if you want 10bit H264 Anime support ?
That really narrows down the media player selection then.

(2019-04-13, 01:18)wrxtasy Wrote: Forget about dual layer - DolbyVision Bluray Rips playback on any Kodi media player. There simply is not the software support to be able to playback that Dolby proprietary format.

The best you can get from such Rips is HDR10 and the list of devices capable of that is found in this https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=332180

I'm not sure if you want 10bit H264 Anime support ?
That really narrows down the media player selection then.
I guess AppleTV 4k w/ MrMC app is the best option for me.

TV can play low end files even mid size bluray rips (about 20-30 gb files) with HDR/DolbyVision from DLNA server but the internal MediaTek MT5891 chip is not good enough to play big files 40gb+ (getting shuttering effect), so I was mainly looking for something that would be able to handle/play those big files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HW/Player capable of playing 4k raw bluray rips0