v19 LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0)
(2019-11-21, 23:00)Milhouse Wrote: That's strange as I am also using an Ortek VRC-1100 IR receiver, although I'm using a Harmony One remote. I'm not seeing any unusual behaviour, but maybe @HiassofT has an idea.

The "--device" option has been dropped from ir-keytable 1.18.0 which means ir-keytable can no longer be used to configure the repeat/delay settings of non-rc input devices (i.e. keyboards and RF or other remote receivers which present themselves to the system as a keyboard like the Ortek/Hama one).

This is also the reason for the ir-keytable errors in the journal log.

For LE this means we need to use a different tool to configure repeat/delay settings of those keyboard-like remotes as https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.t...peat.rules will no longer work.

I did a quick test here (on RPi4) with the Hama / Ortek IR receiver and remote and it worked fine - though with evtest I clearly saw that input events repeated after 250ms (default for keyboards).

If you use a Harmony remote make sure you disable the button repeat setting in the Harmony configuration - the previous longer repeat delay (500ms instead of 250ms) has probably masked that but now it'll show up - when you quickly press a button on your Harmony remote it'll keep sending the "button pressed" signals for a longer time than you held the button and Linux/Kodi will now react on these.

so long,

Hias

Messages In This Thread
RE: LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0) - by HiassofT - 2019-11-22, 01:52
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 19.0)3