For music - a mod to automatically switch from main menu to "Now Playing" screen
I'm a 62yo noob running Kodi 17.6 on LibreElec 9.01 on an Intel NUC box, standard Estuary skin.
The NUC audio/video output goes via HDMI into 7.1 AV receiver, and from there video only via HDMI into TV.
I listen to lots of FLAC audio files with embedded album art. I don't watch movies or play music on my laptop.

For video files, KODI switches to full-screen "movie" mode and stays until playback is finished, when it switches to back to Kodi's main menu.
Not so for music files. It stays on main menu page, but starts showing file info in a line just above the clock in the right-hand corner.

Is there a script or a skin or manual xml hack for playback of music files, that will automatically switch on "Now Playing" screen in full-screen mode, and stay on it?

I don't need any fancy features, just the default elements of standard Estuary (playback buttons, file info, progress bar and album art (embedded)

If possible with one "new feature - to prevent screen burn-in (I have a plasma TV) a setting where every 1 or 2 minutes it would flip the screen horizontally to its "mirror" image, a few pixels off the center.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
(2019-05-13, 12:31)BPR323 Wrote: running Kodi 17.6 on LibreElec 9.01

FYI, LibreELEC 9.0.1 (or the new 9.0.2) runs Kodi 18, and not the last Kodi Krypton release.

Toggling fullscreen during music play can be done by via the TAB key on a keyboard as a temporary workaround. Why it's not done automatically, I don't know.
(2019-05-13, 13:01)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-05-13, 12:31)BPR323 Wrote: running Kodi 17.6 on LibreElec 9.01

FYI, LibreELEC 9.0.1 (or the new 9.0.2) runs Kodi 18, and not the last Kodi Krypton release.

Toggling fullscreen during music play can be done by via the TAB key on a keyboard as a temporary workaround. Why it's not done automatically, I don't know!    
Cheers, mate!  I don't use keyboard, my control point is BubbleUPNP on Android phone.
Is there any way to stick something like <fullscreen>true</fullscreen> into guisettings.xml or some other config file in userdata?
Sorry I got confused with Kodi version - I've just switched over from Kodi 17.6 on Debian to LE - and I effing LOVE it! Smile
Something with keymapping is perhaps possible, but Kodi control only by using BubbleUPnP won't help here, I think.
Two choices:

1- In the Estuary skin xml folder create a file called Custom_1111_MusicFullscreenEnabler.xml.  In that file put:
xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<window type="dialog" id="1111">
    <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
    <onload condition="!Window.IsActive(visualisation)">FullScreen</onload>
    <visible>Player.HasAudio</visible>
    <controls></controls>
</window>

I believe that will then force what you described as the now playing screen to load when you start music.  The downside is that anytime Kodi is updated you will have to reapply the change.

2- My Estuary mod has this as an option.  When you go to skin settings there's an option to enable it.  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333143
(2019-05-13, 15:29)pkscout Wrote: Two choices:

1- In the Estuary skin xml folder create a file called Custom_1111_MusicFullscreenEnabler.xml.  In that file put:
xml:
    <controls></controls>
</window>

I believe that will then force what you described as the now playing screen to load when you start music.  The downside is that anytime Kodi is updated you will have to reapply the change.

2- My Estuary mod has this as an option.  When you go to skin settings there's an option to enable it.  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=333143
I will definitely try that, thanks!
Could you please give me a hint as to the location of "Estuary skin xml" folder?
Just out of curiosity - any programmatic reason the file need to be called "Custom_1111_MusicFullscreenEnabler.xml" - I suspect this would only work if I install your mod as a whole - no?
You literally just have to press 'Back' on the home screen.
TAB toggles Fullscreen when playing music, but it's still not automatic.
(2019-05-13, 14:46)Klojum Wrote: Something with keymapping is perhaps possible, but Kodi control only by using BubbleUPnP won't help here, I think.
Agreed. If someone has an AV receiver and a spare box with LE - there's no reason to muck around with a keyboard to click through Kodi menus on TV screen.
I only keep my k/b gathering dust plugged into NUC for emergency shutdowns. Otherwise Putty and BubbleUPNP all the way from the comfort of you couch or kitchen, etc.!
Highly recommended and purchased a full license Bubble long time ago Wink
(2019-05-13, 17:27)Hitcher Wrote: You literally just have to press 'Back' on the home screen.
Not really. I have to dig out my laptop, open browser, connect to Kodi web URL, then press "back". 
Alternatively - how do you press "back" on a touch screen tablet with Kodi web UI? Tongue
But thanks for the tip, appreciate your help!
(2019-05-13, 17:43)BPR323 Wrote:
(2019-05-13, 17:27)Hitcher Wrote: You literally just have to press 'Back' on the home screen.
Not really. I have to dig out my laptop, open browser, connect to Kodi web URL, then press "back". 
Alternatively - how do you press "back" on a touch screen tablet with Kodi web UI? Tongue
But thanks for the tip, appreciate your help! 

Again, with the 'back' button.

(2019-05-13, 17:18)BPR323 Wrote:
(2019-05-13, 15:29)pkscout Wrote: Two choices:

xml:
    <controls></controls>
</window>

I will definitely try that, thanks!
Could you please give me a hint as to the location of "Estuary skin xml" folder?
Just out of curiosity - any programmatic reason the file need to be called "Custom_1111_MusicFullscreenEnabler.xml" - I suspect this would only work if I install your mod as a whole - no?  
The location of the Estuary folder depends on the platform you're using.  This should get you pointed in the right direction:

https://kodi.wiki/view/System_data

I must admit that I borrowed the fullscreen enabler from another mod, so it's one of those things works by magic.  I know that if you don't name it that way it doesn't work, so there must be something with regards to that particular custom window number that makes all that work.  It should work with the default Estuary as well as my mod, but with my mod you don't have to worry about reinstalling it when Estuary is updated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
For music - a mod to automatically switch from main menu to "Now Playing" screen0