• 39(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-05-10, 19:31)daviddia Wrote: Hello and thanks for this fantastic work.

I have a problem getting omdb ratings when I use my language (Spanish).
Synopsis, title, fanart ... everything ok in Spanish

if I put English the ratings appear without problem, but in Spanish I only get the tmdb (not IMDb, metacritic etc.)

Is there any way to fix this? thanks in advance.

Language shouldn't matter because ratings are looked up using imdb ID. If you aren't getting service monitor results in another language it means that the IMDb ID is missing from the item.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Hi, this is my first post so sorry if not correct. I have been very impressed with themoviedb helper and use it on Kofi 18.6. Today I installed a copy of Kodi 19  - kodi-20200514-f2e83f29-master-arm64-v8a.apk - and installed on my Android Tablet. I launched it and turned on "logging", then installed the movie db helper. It downloaded and installed fine but immediately afterwards gave an error message. Interesting my when I checked the Kodi log - https://paste.kodi.tv/ofilikidak - it only has the error in the log not the whole log from start to finish - hope that is all you need.
(2020-05-16, 02:09)scholly Wrote: Hi, this is my first post so sorry if not correct. I have been very impressed with themoviedb helper and use it on Kofi 18.6. Today I installed a copy of Kodi 19  - kodi-20200514-f2e83f29-master-arm64-v8a.apk - and installed on my Android Tablet. I launched it and turned on "logging", then installed the movie db helper. It downloaded and installed fine but immediately afterwards gave an error message. Interesting my when I checked the Kodi log - https://paste.kodi.tv/ofilikidak - it only has the error in the log not the whole log from start to finish - hope that is all you need.

No working PIL module on v19 android yet, so it won't work.
(2020-05-16, 05:04)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-05-16, 02:09)scholly Wrote: Hi, this is my first post so sorry if not correct. I have been very impressed with themoviedb helper and use it on Kofi 18.6. Today I installed a copy of Kodi 19  - kodi-20200514-f2e83f29-master-arm64-v8a.apk - and installed on my Android Tablet. I launched it and turned on "logging", then installed the movie db helper. It downloaded and installed fine but immediately afterwards gave an error message. Interesting my when I checked the Kodi log - https://paste.kodi.tv/ofilikidak - it only has the error in the log not the whole log from start to finish - hope that is all you need.

No working PIL module on v19 android yet, so it won't work. 
Thank you, that explains the problem. I will wait and hope an Android version will e ready soon.
Hey all, I'm a first time poster, and really loving the functionality and especially the speed of TMDB helper in comparison to openmeta. 

My question is on Importing my Trakt Collection in full. From Library Integration -> Auto update from trakt list(s) I see my created trakt lists, but not my collection. Am I missing something? Also, is there a way to import our  "Liked" trakt lists?

Thanks for any help and thanks again for your work on this.
(2020-05-20, 07:45)horacio08 Wrote: Hey all, I'm a first time poster, and really loving the functionality and especially the speed of TMDB helper in comparison to openmeta. 

My question is on Importing my Trakt Collection in full. From Library Integration -> Auto update from trakt list(s) I see my created trakt lists, but not my collection. Am I missing something? Also, is there a way to import our  "Liked" trakt lists?

There isn't the ability to sync the collection, but you can sync liked lists, by opening the context menu on them in the add-on, as well as certain capacities for automatically monitoring those lists.
(2020-05-20, 14:39)drinfernoo Wrote:
(2020-05-20, 07:45)horacio08 Wrote: Hey all, I'm a first time poster, and really loving the functionality and especially the speed of TMDB helper in comparison to openmeta. 

There isn't the ability to sync the collection, but you can sync liked lists, by opening the context menu on them in the add-on, as well as certain capacities for automatically monitoring those lists. 

Thanks so much for your help. Great to know, and thanks for the tip on lists as well. Appreciate the both of you mates.
Hi @jurialmunkey 
After the latest GitHub commits all widgets items paths are pointing to plugin.video.themoviedb.helper. Even for the local items in the library. This causes the local items not to play directly and triggers a select window to choose a player for that. IMHO this is not convenient at all and it's not making any sense for the local items. Plus, it brakes the video info dialog"Play" button if someone (like me) uses a variable to play/close the item depending if it's in local library or not.

Is there a way to have the old behavior back please?

I am using the latest GitHub version.

Thanks
Nessus
(2020-05-24, 21:16)nessus Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey 
After the latest GitHub commits all widgets items paths are pointing to plugin.video.themoviedb.helper. Even for the local items in the library. This causes the local items not to play directly and triggers a select window to choose a player for that. IMHO this is not convenient at all and it's not making any sense for the local items. Plus, it brakes the video info dialog"Play" button if someone (like me) uses a variable to play/close the item depending if it's in local library or not.

@nessus - Why do you prevent the "Play" button from playing non-local files and close instead? That sounds very counter-intuitive.

In terms of replacing the filepath with the local file:
IMHO, it should be the user's choice on whether to bypass the player select dialog.

The user can already bypass the select dialog with the following TMDbHelper Player Settings:
-- Set "Default Player" to Play with Youtube
-- Enable "Prioritize local files"

Those settings will make TMDbHelper automatically play local files.
If there's no local file, then TMDbHelper will play a clip from Youtube (e.g. a Trailer).
@jurialmunkey 
I am using variables for both label and click action in videoinfo dialog play button that are based on ListItem.FilenameAndPath to show the appropriate label (Play/Close) and for the action. Also these variables are used in my videoinfo actors dialog widgets. So, this change messed up my all this part of my code.

I am not sure that this is more convenient for the users especially as a out-of-the-box use. I mean, when you have a local item it makes sense to click-and-play without the need of any setting change. Like Kodi's default action. IMHO this should be optional.

In any case if you want to keep it like this, is it possible to add some kind of parameter to the plugin:// path for all addon's widgets that will bypass this behavior. I very happy how my code works now and i like to keep like this if is possible.

Cheers
Nessus
(2020-05-25, 20:19)nessus Wrote: I am using variables for both label and click action in videoinfo dialog play button that are based on ListItem.FilenameAndPath to show the appropriate label (Play/Close) and for the action. Also these variables are used in my videoinfo actors dialog widgets. So, this change messed up my all this part of my code.

@nessus
Why aren't you playing non-local files though? That's what I don't understand. If the item is playable, why not play it?
You can tell if the item is playable by using !ListItem.IsFolder

Even if I change it to auto play local, you're still going to have this issue because I've fixed the bug that was causing FileNameAndPath to be empty for DBID items. If the only reason for this variable is as a workaround for this bug, then it is no longer necessary.

Use this command for your play button for all playable items (change close_dialog param to whatever your TMDbHelper info window is)
<onclick condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.FileNameAndPath) + !ListItem.IsFolder">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,close_dialog=1190,playmedia='$ESCINFO[ListItem.FileNameAndPath]')</onclick>

(2020-05-25, 20:19)nessus Wrote: I am not sure that this is more convenient for the users especially as a out-of-the-box use. I mean, when you have a local item it makes sense to click-and-play without the need of any setting change. Like Kodi's default action. IMHO this should be optional.

I agree that it should be the default - that's how the plugin was originally intended to work.

The "prioritise local files" setting was always meant to work that way. I just made some bad choices early on that made it more difficult than necessary to get it working properly without a default player -- so the interim solution was to set Youtube as default player.

I had another look at the code today, and I think I've finally got autoplaying local files working properly without a default player. The fix was a little too easy though, so it's also very possible that I've inadvertently broken something else Tongue
@jurialmunkey 
OK... this is my code for my play/close/browse button action...
xml:
<variable name="PlayBrowseButtonAction">
  <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.FilenameAndPath) + !String.StartsWith(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,plugin://)">AlarmClock(PlayMovie,PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]),00:01,silent)</value>
  <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID)">RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=play&amp;tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tmdb_id)]&amp;type=movie)</value>
  <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID)">RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=play&amp;tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tmdb_id)]&amp;season=1&amp;episode=1&amp;type=episode)</value>
  <value condition="[String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season)] + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID)">ActivateWindow(videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/$INFO[ListItem.DBID]/,return)</value>
</variable>

...and this is my variable for the label in that button...
xml:
<variable name="PlayBrowseButtonLabel">
  <value condition="[String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,artist)] + !String.StartsWith(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,plugin://)">$LOCALIZE[1024]</value>
  <value condition="!String.StartsWith(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,plugin://)">$LOCALIZE[208]</value>
<value>$LOCALIZE[15067]</value>
</variable>

...with which i am showing the appropriate label for every action. I've replaced the !String.StartsWith(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,plugin://) check with !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID) which is working fine but i am not sure this covers all scenarios. The previous behavior was working properly in all cases and also in other plugins that provided similar content. Is this code can be any better?.

In any case, i am still don't understand why the ListItem.FilenameAndPath has to point to the plugin:// path for all items even for the local ones.

Cheers
Nessus
Hello. Thanks for great work. Some troubles happen for some last days. After clean install Arctic Horizon with Helper when I'm trying to add TVShow to Kodi lib, some shows add to root TVShow folder without creating folder with name of show and in root shows dir - season1....season 5. Some TVShows creating folder with strange name like "_IDZPL~P", some shows not adding at all. Kodi installed on libreelec 9.2, kodi lib on freenas smb share. In tvdbhelper all path entered and available

@nessus

I think that the below should capture all possible scenarios.

Also, note that you should use Container.Update(path) instead of ActivateWindow(videos,path,return) if you're already inside MyVideoNav as that will keep the path history.

xml:

<variable name="PlayBrowseButtonAction">
<value condition="[String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season)] + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID) + Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml)">Container.Update($INFO[ListItem.DBID,videodb://tvshows/titles/,/])</value>
<value condition="[String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season)] + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.DBID) + !Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml)">ActivateWindow(videos,$INFO[ListItem.DBID,videodb://tvshows/titles/,/],return)</value>
<value condition="ListItem.IsFolder + Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml)">Container.Update($INFO[ListItem.FolderPath])</value>
<value condition="ListItem.IsFolder + !Window.IsVisible(MyVideoNav.xml)">ActivateWindow(videos,$INFO[ListItem.FolderPath],return)</value>
<value condition="!ListItem.IsFolder + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.FilenameAndPath)">AlarmClock(PlayMovie,PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]),00:01,silent)</value>
</variable>

xml:

<variable name="PlayBrowseButtonLabel">
<value condition="ListItem.IsFolder">$LOCALIZE[1024]</value>
<value condition="!ListItem.IsFolder + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.FilenameAndPath)">$LOCALIZE[208]</value>
<value>$LOCALIZE[15067]</value>
</variable>

(2020-05-27, 20:22)nessus Wrote: In any case, i am still don't understand why the ListItem.FilenameAndPath has to point to the plugin:// path for all items even for the local ones.

A few reasons:
  1. It's the only way to provide settings to allow the user to choose between autoplaying local items or presenting the select dialog.
  2. It ensures filepaths in the plugin are consistently named.
  3. Even though some library info is merged, it is still a plugin entry which also uses online information. The filepath should reflect that it isn't a library item - otherwise there is no consistent way to tell between a plugin item with a DBID and a "true" library item which only uses library information.
  4. It prevents the possibility of a recursive loop where the local file is a .strm that runs a script using the TMDbHelper play command.
(2020-05-28, 10:01)baikan4ik Wrote: Hello. Thanks for great work. Some troubles happen for some last days. After clean install Arctic Horizon with Helper when I'm trying to add TVShow to Kodi lib, some shows add to root TVShow folder without creating folder with name of show and in root shows dir - season1....season 5. Some TVShows creating folder with strange name like "_IDZPL~P", some shows not adding at all. Kodi installed on libreelec 9.2, kodi lib on freenas smb share. In tvdbhelper all path entered and available

Could you get me a debug log with debug logging turned on showing these being added incorrectly?
Also, what are the exact steps to reproduce this issue?
What are the shows that are causing issues?
How are you adding these shows to the library?
What is your language setting in TMDbHelper?
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2