• 17(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-11-29, 10:11)jurialmunkey Wrote: You can already play/browse dbid items:

Play Movie
Code:
<onclick>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=play&amp;tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tmdb_id)]&amp;type=movie)</onclick>

Play Tvshow Episode
Code:
<onclick>RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=play&amp;tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tmdb_id)]&amp;season=1&amp;episode=1&amp;type=episode)</onclick>
Sorry... i had no idea that there was a "play" parameter available nor it's mentioning anywhere in the readme.
It's working fine... thanks.

Quote:I've added creators to latest github version:
ListItem.Property(Creator.X.Name)
ListItem.Property(Creator.X.TMDb_ID)
ListItem.Property(Creator) (all creators separated by "/")
I am little confused about this!. When i change the type to "tv" in the plugin://.... info=details it returns a script error. Is this not available for tv shows?
If yes, how do get the ListItem.Property(Creator) to work because whatever i try it's always empty?. What am i missing here?

Also, is the ListItem.Property(Creator) will work with the discover method the same like ListItem.Director & ListItem.Writer?

One more... is the "status" info for tv shows (eg cancelled) available in the API?

Thanks
Nessus
(2019-12-01, 17:29)nessus Wrote: Sorry... i had no idea that there was a "play" parameter available nor it's mentioning anywhere in the readme.
It's working fine... thanks.
It's a new feature, so I hadn't documented it yet.
Documentation now added here:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...r-function

(2019-12-01, 17:29)nessus Wrote: I am little confused about this!. When i change the type to "tv" in the plugin://.... info=details it returns a script error. Is this not available for tv shows?
If yes, how do get the ListItem.Property(Creator) to work because whatever i try it's always empty?. What am i missing here?

Yes details works with Tvshows. What is your full plugin path?

Also, don't use ListItem.IMDBNumber with Tvshows as lots of scrapers put the TVDb ID in that infolabel for tvshows (which wont work because its not the IMDb ID!). IMDb numbers will start with "tt", so you can check for them using a condition String.StartsWith(ListItem.IMDBNumber,tt)

Use &query= instead (or &tmdb_id= if you have it).

(2019-12-01, 17:29)nessus Wrote: Also, is the ListItem.Property(Creator) will work with the discover method the same like ListItem.Director & ListItem.Writer?
Yes. The infolabel just contains a text name. The with_crew with_cast and with_people arguments take a plain text name, lookup the TMDb ID on the API using a search function, and then pass the ID to discover endpoint.

You can use anything that passes a person's name as text.

(2019-12-01, 17:29)nessus Wrote: One more... is the "status" info for tv shows (eg cancelled) available in the API?

I think so. I'll have a look at adding it.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
@jurialmunkey 
Sorry... again!. The details info in tv shows works fine. It just took about 2-3 mins to load the first time and i thought will be the same time like movies.

By the way, are you aware of any hack to refresh infolabels and plugin path lists when you change/open the videoinfo to another item ?. It's kinda odd to open the videoinfo for an item and still see the info from the previous item. I've try Container(foo).IsUpdating but it's not working.

Also, in some tv shows script is throwing errors and no info are fetched.
Here a snippet from the log with errors from some of these shows... https://paste.kodi.tv/pixovizama.kodi

EDIT: Getting script errors also in movies when i try to change any art in videoinfo window from standard Kodi "choose art" option... https://paste.kodi.tv/duyarecixi.kodi

Cheers
Nessus
(2019-12-02, 11:51)nessus Wrote: @jurialmunkey 
Sorry... again!. The details info in tv shows works fine. It just took about 2-3 mins to load the first time and i thought will be the same time like movies.
Hmm. It shouldn't take that long. I think maybe the trakt manager functions are adding a lot of overhead in some instances, so I've now disabled them by default. If they are needed to display in some scenario then they can be forced with &amp;manage=True
There is also a radiobutton in the addon settings to enable them in the TMDb browser.

(2019-12-02, 11:51)nessus Wrote: By the way, are you aware of any hack to refresh infolabels and plugin path lists when you change/open the videoinfo to another item ?. It's kinda odd to open the videoinfo for an item and still see the info from the previous item. I've try Container(foo).IsUpdating but it's not working.
<visible>!Container(ID).IsUpdating</visible> in the label control works fine for me to hide the label when the container is updating (also works fine as a condition in a label variable).

How are you using it?

(2019-12-02, 11:51)nessus Wrote: Also, in some tv shows script is throwing errors and no info are fetched.
Here a snippet from the log with errors from some of these shows... https://paste.kodi.tv/pixovizama.kodi
Ah it's because the tvshow has the year in the title so the search function is getting a 404 from TMDb because nothing can be found with that title. Is there an info label you can use that doesn't have the year in the title?

I've fixed the script so that it doesn't error on a 404 and just returns nothing instead. However, not much I can do about the year in title as TMDb api is not liking that. I might be able to do something like compare year string to title string and strip it out but it's not ideal because there might be also sorts of containing characters (e.g "(YEAR)" "[YEAR]" "-YEAR" etc.). Best approach is for scrapers not to append the year to the title!

(2019-12-02, 11:51)nessus Wrote: EDIT: Getting script errors also in movies when i try to change any art in videoinfo window from standard Kodi "choose art" option... https://paste.kodi.tv/duyarecixi.kodi
This error is related to an annoying kodi bug where ListItem.Label in video info dialog is replaced with the labels in any select dialog that pops up. Hopefully the latest changes will stop TMDbHelper from throwing an error but I can't do much about the actual bug itself because it is in Kodi core.

A work around would be to hide the container when any of those windows are open. e.g. <visible>!Window.IsVisible(DialogSelect.xml)</visible> etc.
(2019-12-03, 00:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: <visible>!Container(ID).IsUpdating</visible> in the label control works fine for me to hide the label when the container is updating (also works fine as a condition in a label variable).

How are you using it?
I am using it in a list container (which is the same for all lists) and in the grouplist control where all my labels are. Do i need to put it in every label separately?. And what about the list containers?

(2019-12-03, 00:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: I've fixed the script so that it doesn't error on a 404 and just returns nothing instead. However, not much I can do about the year in title as TMDb api is not liking that. I might be able to do something like compare year string to title string and strip it out but it's not ideal because there might be also sorts of containing characters (e.g "(YEAR)" "[YEAR]" "-YEAR" etc.). Best approach is for scrapers not to append the year to the title!
Isn't it safer to change the query parameter to ListItem.DBID instead of ListItem.TVShowTtile ?. I've try it and the info are fetched properly while with ListItem.TVShowTitle or ListItem.Title i get no info at all from the ?info=details container.

Another weird issue that i am facing is with ListItem.Property(Creator). While in a label the value returns properly when i am using it in ?info=discover&amp;type=tv&amp;with_crew= method it returns a list of the same items in all the shows. This is the variable that use for both director & creator. Director discover list works fine...
xml:

<variable name="DirectorCreatorListContent">
  <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie)">plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&amp;type=movie&amp;with_crew=$INFO[ListItem.Director]&amp;with_separator=OR&amp;exclude_key=title&amp;exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]</value>
  <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season)">plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&amp;type=tv&amp;with_crew=$INFO[Container(6001).ListItem.Property(Creator)]&amp;with_separator=OR&amp;exclude_key=title&amp;exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]</value>
</variable>
Any idea?

Thanks
Nessus
(2019-12-03, 01:57)nessus Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 00:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: <visible>!Container(ID).IsUpdating</visible> in the label control works fine for me to hide the label when the container is updating (also works fine as a condition in a label variable).

How are you using it?
I am using it in a list container (which is the same for all lists) and in the grouplist control where all my labels are. Do i need to put it in every label separately?. And what about the list containers?

(2019-12-03, 00:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: I've fixed the script so that it doesn't error on a 404 and just returns nothing instead. However, not much I can do about the year in title as TMDb api is not liking that. I might be able to do something like compare year string to title string and strip it out but it's not ideal because there might be also sorts of containing characters (e.g "(YEAR)" "[YEAR]" "-YEAR" etc.). Best approach is for scrapers not to append the year to the title!
Isn't it safer to change the query parameter to ListItem.DBID instead of ListItem.TVShowTtile ?. I've try it and the info are fetched properly while with ListItem.TVShowTitle or ListItem.Title i get no info at all from the ?info=details container.

Another weird issue that i am facing is with ListItem.Property(Creator). While in a label the value returns properly when i am using it in ?info=discover&amp;type=tv&amp;with_crew= method it returns a list of the same items in all the shows. This is the variable that use for both director & creator. Director discover list works fine...
xml:

<variable name="DirectorCreatorListContent">
  <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie)">plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&amp;type=movie&amp;with_crew=$INFO[ListItem.Director]&amp;with_separator=OR&amp;exclude_key=title&amp;exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]</value>
  <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season)">plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&amp;type=tv&amp;with_crew=$INFO[Container(6001).ListItem.Property(Creator)]&amp;with_separator=OR&amp;exclude_key=title&amp;exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]</value>
</variable>
Any idea?

Thanks
Nessus

Yes you need to hide the actual label when the container is updating (either with visibility condition or variable), not the container itself.

You can't pass DBID to query param. It doesn't work like that and if you are getting results like that then they are most likely wrong. You can only pass tmdb_id, imdb_id, or query text. Query is passed to the TMDb search function to get a list of results. The plugin then takes ID of first result (or if year is specified the first result with matching year). The plugin then does the info request with the ID as if it had been passed it directly.

So TMDb or IMDb ID are best options as they will provide perfect match.

Query + Year is more accurate than Query alone. HOWEVER sometimes adding year can result in failed matches because of regional differences in release dates or bad data in local db. So sometimes query alone can be better.

RE with_crew - the issue is that your container 6001 hasn't loaded the details when it is referenced in your plugin path so you are just passing an empty string. You need to use a visible condition to hide your with_crew container until 6001 has finished updating and has at least 1 item.
(2019-12-03, 05:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: RE with_crew - the issue is that your container 6001 hasn't loaded the details when it is referenced in your plugin path so you are just passing an empty string. You need to use a visible condition to hide your with_crew container until 6001 has finished updating and has at least 1 item.

This is not working whatever i try. I have the ListItem.Property(Creator) as label set as visible when is fetched with the Container(6001).IsUpdating. My list container is set to visible also the same way. Now, both are hidden while the Container(6001).IsUpdating and when is finish both label and the container are showing fine BUT... the actual items in the list container are the same for all shows.

This one....

This is the creator's items list that i get from all tv shows.

EDIT: Just saw that these are from TMDB's tv shows default link... https://www.themoviedb.org/tv (Popular TV Shows)
(2019-12-03, 11:52)nessus Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 05:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: RE with_crew - the issue is that your container 6001 hasn't loaded the details when it is referenced in your plugin path so you are just passing an empty string. You need to use a visible condition to hide your with_crew container until 6001 has finished updating and has at least 1 item.

This is not working whatever i try. I have the ListItem.Property(Creator) as label set as visible when is fetched with the Container(6001).IsUpdating. My list container is set to visible also the same way. Now, both are hidden while the Container(6001).IsUpdating and when is finish both label and the container are showing fine BUT... the actual items in the list container are the same for all shows.

This one....

Sorry, you are completely correct. I can confirm.

Looks like TMDb API doesn't support with_crew/with_cast/with_people for tvshows
https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/disc...v-discover

It only works for movies (you can see what params are supported in the "Query String" section of the links).
https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/disc...e-discover

However, you should be able to get the crew movies at least for the first creator with the following
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=crew_in_tvshows&amp;type=person&amp;query=$INFO[Container(6001).ListItem.Property(Creator.1.Name)]

Also FYI - I've now added a Service Monitor to simplify getting details:
Enable it with the following skin setting:
Skin.SetBool(TMDbHelper.Service)

You may need to restart Kodi after enabling it the first time (make sure to Exit correctly from power menu so that skin settings are saved).

With the Service Monitor enabled, all detailed item properties are set to
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.INFOLABEL)]

e.g.
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Poster)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Plot)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Creator)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.rottentomatoes_reviewtotal)]

Every property normally available to detailed item is also set to a window property.

To get details for a widget container, set the ID in the same way you would for SkinHelper:
SetProperty(TMDbHelper.WidgetContainer, ID, Home)
(2019-12-03, 14:40)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 11:52)nessus Wrote:

This one....

It only works for movies (you can see what params are supported in the "Query String" section of the links).

However, you should be able to get the crew movies at least for the first creator with the following
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=crew_in_tvshows&amp;type=person&amp;query=$INFO[Container(6001).ListItem.Property(Creator.1.Name)]

You may need to restart Kodi after enabling it the first time (make sure to Exit correctly from power menu so that skin settings are saved).

e.g.
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Poster)]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Plot)]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Creator)]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.rottentomatoes_reviewtotal)]

Every property normally available to detailed item is also set to a window property.

To get details for a widget container, set the ID in the same way you would for SkinHelper:
@jurialmunkey, with the new service monitor, does that mean that I no longer need the hidden list in video info to retrieve the details if the item is not local?  Also, since I did not use skin helper service before for widgets, where would I set the widget container ID? In Home.xml onload? Thanks for continuing to improve this plugin and make skinner's life easier.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-12-03, 14:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 14:40)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 11:52)nessus Wrote: This is not working whatever i try. I have the ListItem.Property(Creator) as label set as visible when is fetched with the Container(6001).IsUpdating. My list container is set to visible also the same way. Now, both are hidden while the Container(6001).IsUpdating and when is finish both label and the container are showing fine BUT... the actual items in the list container are the same for all shows.

This one....

e.g.
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Poster)]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Plot)]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Creator)]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.rottentomatoes_reviewtotal)]

@jurialmunkey, with the new service monitor, does that mean that I no longer need the hidden list in video info to retrieve the details if the item is not local?  Also, since I did not use skin helper service before for widgets, where would I set the widget container ID? In Home.xml onload? Thanks for continuing to improve this plugin and make skinner's life easier.

Regards,

Bart

That's correct - you can remove the hidden list and use the service monitor instead. It will populate Window Properties based upon the currently focused item. Make sure you set the skin setting to enable it.

Yes, set widget container ID onload of Home screen. Make sure to clear the property onunload otherwise it won't work in the library because it will be looking for that ID.

If you use multiple widgets, you can also set ID using <onfocus>SetProperty(TMDbHelper.WidgetContainer, $PARAM[id], Home)</onfocus> in the widget container itself.

Basically setting the property tells the service to look at that particular container ID for the focused item. If it isn't set, it will only look at the current listitem of the current view when in MyVideoNav (The home screen doesn't have a default item container like the library does).
(2019-12-03, 15:32)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 14:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-12-03, 14:40)jurialmunkey Wrote: Sorry, you are completely correct. I can confirm.

e.g.

Regards,

Bart 

That's correct - you can remove the hidden list and use the service monitor instead. It will populate Window Properties based upon the currently focused item. Make sure you set the skin setting to enable it.

Yes, set widget container ID onload of Home screen. Make sure to clear the property onunload otherwise it won't work in the library because it will be looking for that ID.

If you use multiple widgets, you can also set ID using <onfocus>SetProperty(TMDbHelper.WidgetContainer, $PARAM[id], Home)</onfocus> in the widget container itself.

Basically setting the property tells the service to look at that particular container ID for the focused item. If it isn't set, it will only look at the current listitem of the current view when in MyVideoNav (The home screen doesn't have a default item container like the library does). 
@jurialmunkey, excellent, thanks! Smile I will change my Amber implementation to use the service monitor.  

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - Note that the Service Monitor always runs in the background, so it will add overhead. If you are only using the details in the info dialog, you will get much better performance from using a hidden list instead of the monitor. However, if you are also using the details in library views, then the Service Monitor is the better option.
(2019-12-04, 00:11)jurialmunkey Wrote: @bsoriano - Note that the Service Monitor always runs in the background, so it will add overhead. If you are only using the details in the info dialog, you will get much better performance from using a hidden list instead of the monitor. However, if you are also using the details in library views, then the Service Monitor is the better option.

@jurialmunkey , great point, thanks.  At this time I am only using the details in the info dialog.

Regards,

Bart
(2019-12-04, 00:11)jurialmunkey Wrote: @bsoriano - Note that the Service Monitor always runs in the background, so it will add overhead. If you are only using the details in the info dialog, you will get much better performance from using a hidden list instead of the monitor. However, if you are also using the details in library views, then the Service Monitor is the better option.
I am also using the details in the info dialog but the info values are displaying a lot faster with the service monitor although inside video section are a little slower than the home window, and the $INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.rottentomatoes_consensus)] some times it's not updating at all. Not in any specific movies. It's just happens randomly. Any idea?

Also, IMHO, it would be very useful if we can have two window properties about when the service monitor is running (so we can add a skin setting to disable it) and one when is updating to hide the info until they are available.

In any case, overall, i think the service monitor it's better approach. I didn't notice any overhead in my not so new & powerful system and the info are fetched a lot faster.

Thanks a lot for this!

Cheers
Nessus
@nessus - I've just pushed an update that hopefully should help with clearing/setting properties correctly. With the way kodi handles property setting/clearing, I don't think it will ever be perfect but I feel the behaviour is a bit more consistent now.

As requested, I've added two properties:
Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.IsUpdating)
Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ServiceStarted)

IsUpdating is set to 'True' when the service begins the request to TMDb and is cleared when it finishes setting properties. However, it seems like Kodi sets/clears properties in a separate thread, so I think there occasionally can be some lag where the property state is out of sync with where the service is up to. Still, most of the time it seems fine.

Check Skin.HasSetting(TMDbHelper.Service) to see if the Service is enabled in the skin.
Check Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ServiceStarted) to check if the Service is running/ready.

The service monitor will always run (unless the actual plugin is uninstalled/disabled) - what the SkinSetting does is tell the service monitor to idle and basically do nothing except occasionally check if the skinsetting was enabled.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2