• 18(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2019-12-04, 05:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: The service monitor will always run (unless the actual plugin is uninstalled/disabled) - what the SkinSetting does is tell the service monitor to idle and basically do nothing except occasionally check if the skinsetting was enabled.
So, this means that we don't need the Skin.SetBool(TMDbHelper.Service) anymore ?.

Another one.... when you load the video info dialog for a movie the languages info it's the one that delays the most. Even if you load the dialog for a first time all the other infos are loaded instantly the languages info they need the double time to load. Sometimes the service monitor stops when all info are loaded and it starts again to fetch only the languages info. So i guess something is not working properly there.

Other than that i didn't notice any other issues. Like i said, the service monitor works way too faster than the plugin:// details. If i spot anything else will let you know.

Thanks for adding the extra properties.

Cheers
Nessus
@jurialmunkey 
Two more issues...
1. The SetProperty(TMDbHelper.WidgetContainer, ID, Home) it's not working anymore. It's always empty.
2. If you load the video info dialog in videos section (movies or tv shows) close it, exit to home screen, go back again to videos (movies or tv shows) and load the video info dialog again for the SAME ITEM.... then all the info are empty. You need to navigate to another item so the info from the service monitor to load.
(2019-12-04, 13:31)nessus Wrote:
(2019-12-04, 05:42)jurialmunkey Wrote: The service monitor will always run (unless the actual plugin is uninstalled/disabled) - what the SkinSetting does is tell the service monitor to idle and basically do nothing except occasionally check if the skinsetting was enabled.
So, this means that we don't need the Skin.SetBool(TMDbHelper.Service) anymore.

No you still need it. The setting is what switches the service from idle to active. i.e.
Skin.SetBool(TMDbHelper.Service) - Makes service active
Skin.Reset(TMDbHelper.Service) - Makes service idle
Skin.ToggleSetting(TMDbHelper.Service) - Toggles between active / idle

The useful thing about the setting is that you can toggle the service to be active only in the windows or sections where you need it (e.g. you could toggle it so that it is only active for Home.xml and MyVideoNav.xml)

The Window Property just tells you that the service started correctly:
Check if service started correctly:
!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ServiceStarted))

Check if service started correctly and is active:
!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ServiceStarted)) + Skin.HasSetting(TMDbHelper.Service)

Check if service started correctly and is idle:
!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ServiceStarted)) + !Skin.HasSetting(TMDbHelper.Service)

(2019-12-04, 13:31)nessus Wrote: Another one.... when you load the video info dialog for a movie the languages info it's the one that delays the most. Even if you load the dialog for a first time all the other infos are loaded instantly the languages info they need the double time to load. Sometimes the service monitor stops when all info are loaded and it starts again to fetch only the languages info. So i guess something is not working properly there.

This is what I was talking about with kodi setting/clearing properties in a separate background thread - my plugin thinks it has finished because all the commands have run but Kodi is still setting the properties in the background. There isn't any way for me to check if that background thread has finished - i.e. I send a setproperty command to Kodi core but I don't get any return signal to indicate whether it is finished. I can't check the property itself because it might be from a previous item (and clearing first causes more issues due to the threading).

(2019-12-04, 14:14)nessus Wrote: 1. The SetProperty(TMDbHelper.WidgetContainer, ID, Home) it's not working anymore. It's always empty.
Working fine for me. The service doesn't set this property - YOU need to set it in your skin. It tells the service what container ID you are using for a widget.
e.g. If your widget is <control type="list" id="19001"> then you need to set SetProperty(TMDbHelper.WidgetContainer,19001,Home) to tell the service that you want details for Container(19001).ListItem

BTW, the service will work in the info dialog for a widget even if the the property isn't set. You only need to set it if you want to display info alongside the widget on the home screen itself.

(2019-12-04, 14:14)nessus Wrote: 2. If you load the video info dialog in videos section (movies or tv shows) close it, exit to home screen, go back again to videos (movies or tv shows) and load the video info dialog again for the SAME ITEM.... then all the info are empty. You need to navigate to another item so the info from the service monitor to load.
Can confirm and reproduce. Should hopefully be fixed now.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2019-12-04, 23:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: No you still need it. The setting is what switches the service from idle to active. i.e.
Skin.SetBool(TMDbHelper.Service) - Makes service active
Skin.Reset(TMDbHelper.Service) - Makes service idle
Skin.ToggleSetting(TMDbHelper.Service) - Toggles between active / idle

The useful thing about the setting is that you can toggle the service to be active only in the windows or sections where you need it (e.g. you could toggle it so that it is only active for Home.xml and MyVideoNav.xml)
Got it... thanks

(2019-12-04, 23:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: This is what I was talking about with Kodi setting/clearing properties in a separate background thread - my plugin thinks it has finished because all the commands have run but Kodi is still setting the properties in the background. There isn't any way for me to check if that background thread has finished - i.e. I send a setproperty command to Kodi core but I don't get any return signal to indicate whether it is finished. I can't check the property itself because it might be from a previous item (and clearing first causes more issues due to the threading).
I don't think is that. I have debug info for all properties and the service update process and i see the slight delay between Kodi properties & the plugin's service update. This one... Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Language.1.iso) is taken too long (more than double time) to load by the plugin service. Some times it can take 20-30 secs to load and sometimes even if all the other info are loaded instantly from cache, this is still trying to load again. Its the only property that behaves like that. If it was the Kodi issue that you mention then some (if not all) the other properties should be affected... right?. I don't know... if this is not fixable maybe i should remove this info since it's the only property that stalls the whole fetching process.

(2019-12-04, 23:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: BTW, the service will work in the info dialog for a widget even if the the property isn't set. You only need to set it if you want to display info alongside the widget on the home screen itself.
Ok then. I don't need this. Thanks for the info.

(2019-12-04, 23:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: Can confirm and reproduce. Should hopefully be fixed now.
Fixed... thanks
@nessus - re language issue - it doesn't really make sense because all info is retrieved at the same time.

Do the other numbered properties take a long time to load? eg "Studio.1.Name"?

I handle those differently to the standard info label properties - so I wonder if the way I'm processing them is slow on some systems. I can retrieve them a different way if it is all the number properties that's a problem.

Also in the last update I added a slight improvement to how that code is handled - can you confirm if the Language problem still persists? If it does and it also affects other numbered properties, then I will need to change how those are handled as that wait time is far too long.
Actually scrap that - looks like I didn't push the commit improving the number prop code. I'll push it when I'm back home from work later today.
@nessus - Okay can you test latest version when you get a chance. I'm hoping this change will help with the language prop delay issue.
@jurialmunkey
Yea... it's fixed. Now it works the same like all the other properties.... thanks!

(2019-12-04, 14:14)nessus Wrote: 2. If you load the video info dialog in videos section (movies or tv shows) close it, exit to home screen, go back again to videos (movies or tv shows) and load the video info dialog again for the SAME ITEM.... then all the info are empty. You need to navigate to another item so the info from the service monitor to load.
Just a minor thing about this. Like i said it's fixed but it takes about 5-7 secs to load the info and the service it shows that "IsUpdating". Either if you bring the dialog for the same item or for a different one. This happens all the time for all items when you enter the video section and you try to open the info dialog for first time it delays like that. Then all the other items they load instantly if their are cached. If you wait about 10 secs then all working fine.

I've just notice it when i extensively tested the language issue.

Thanks
Nessus
(2019-12-05, 11:13)nessus Wrote: Just a minor thing about this. Like i said it's fixed but it takes about 5-7 secs to load the info and the service it shows that "IsUpdating". Either if you bring the dialog for the same item or for a different one. This happens all the time for all items when you enter the video section and you try to open the info dialog for first time it delays like that. Then all the other items they load instantly if their are cached. If you wait about 10 secs then all working fine.

Can you test the version that I just pushed to git? I'm pretty sure I've fixed this issue now.
@jurialmunkey 
Yep... it's working fine now... thanks.

I think all working good now. Service monitor it's lightning fast on providing all data!

Great work man!!!.

If i spotted anything else will get back to you

Thanks
Nessus
@nessus - I've just added several properties related to airing status:

Status = Continuing, Ended etc.
Last_Aired = Last aired date
Next_Aired = Next aired date

You can also get details about next/last episode
e.g.
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Last_Aired.Plot)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Next_Aired.Name)]

Available properties:
Last_Aired | Last_Aired.Episode | Last_Aired.Name | Last_Aired.Tmdb_Id | Last_Aired.Plot | Last_Aired.Season | Last_Aired.Rating | Last_Aired.Votes | Last_Aired.Thumb | Next_Aired | Next_Aired.Episode | Next_Aired.Name | Next_Aired.TMDb_ID | Next_Aired.Plot | Next_Aired.Season | Next_Aired.Thumb

There's also a wiki page now:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...s-returned
(2019-12-07, 04:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: @nessus - I've just added several properties related to airing status:

Status = Continuing, Ended etc.
Last_Aired = Last aired date
Next_Aired = Next aired date

You can also get details about next/last episode
e.g.
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Last_Aired.Plot)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Next_Aired.Name)]

Available properties:
Last_Aired | Last_Aired.Episode | Last_Aired.Name | Last_Aired.Tmdb_Id | Last_Aired.Plot | Last_Aired.Season | Last_Aired.Rating | Last_Aired.Votes | Last_Aired.Thumb | Next_Aired | Next_Aired.Episode | Next_Aired.Name | Next_Aired.TMDb_ID | Next_Aired.Plot | Next_Aired.Season | Next_Aired.Thumb

There's also a wiki page now:
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...s-returned

@jurialmunkey, thanks! This plugin keeps getting better and better. How does the Cast list work for the service monitor? Cast.X.Name, Cast.X.role and Cast.X.thumb? Also, would you consider adding Studio.X.Icon? I know TMDb supports it. For online items and for multi studio items, this is a good way to always display a studio logo in video info, since TMDb usually has the logo for the first studio. Thanks!

Regards,

Bart
(2019-12-07, 05:06)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey, thanks! This plugin keeps getting better and better. How does the Cast list work for the service monitor? Cast.X.Name, Cast.X.role and Cast.X.thumb? Also, would you consider adding Studio.X.Icon? I know TMDb supports it. For online items and for multi studio items, this is a good way to always display a studio logo in video info, since TMDb usually has the logo for the first studio. Thanks!

The Service Monitor will make available as a window property all properties that the detailed item provides:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Cast.1.Name)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Cast.1.Thumb)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Cast.1.Role)]

In the latest version you can also get a slash "/" separated list of first 10 cast members with:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Cast)]

Added studio logos
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Studio.1.Icon)]

You will need to refresh already cached items to get the new info.
You can refresh the cache for an item by calling the detailed item with a &amp;refresh=True param:

For instance, inside the TMDb Helper you could use:
Code:
RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;type=movie&amp;tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tmdb_id)]&amp;refresh=True)
(Or you could pass &amp;query= instead of tmdb_id if you didn't have tmdb_id).

The nuclear option is to delete simplecache.db but I don't recommend doing that unless completely necessary
(2019-12-07, 08:53)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2019-12-07, 05:06)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey, thanks! This plugin keeps getting better and better. How does the Cast list work for the service monitor? Cast.X.Name, Cast.X.role and Cast.X.thumb? Also, would you consider adding Studio.X.Icon? I know TMDb supports it. For online items and for multi studio items, this is a good way to always display a studio logo in video info, since TMDb usually has the logo for the first studio. Thanks!

The Service Monitor will make available as a window property all properties that the detailed item provides:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Cast.1.Name)]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Cast.1.Thumb)]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Cast.1.Role)]

In the latest version you can also get a slash "/" separated list of first 10 cast members with:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Cast)]

Added studio logos
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Studio.1.Icon)]

You will need to refresh already cached items to get the new info.
You can refresh the cache for an item by calling the detailed item with a &amp;refresh=True param:

For instance, inside the TMDb Helper you could use:
Code:
RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=details&amp;type=movie&amp;tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tmdb_id)]&amp;refresh=True)
(Or you could pass &amp;query= instead of tmdb_id if you didn't have tmdb_id).

The nuclear option is to delete simplecache.db but I don't recommend doing that unless completely necessary 

@jurialmunkey, thank you! I will be testing this over the weekend.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @jurialmunkey , there seems to be an issue with the ListItem.Duration returned by the service monitor.  It is returning really high values, like 8520 for Star Wars: The Rise of SkyWalker.  Is there a conversion to minutes missing here perhaps?
EDIT: I had it wrong, but it's been implemented on the next page Rofl
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2